Do you know how to delete a poll?

Yes, message me
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 03, 2012, 10:59:02 am

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll To Adventure!  (Read 38195 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Adventure!
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2012, 02:27:22 pm »

Oh, you mean I got it FOR FREE?!  :D

Can you add it to my inventory then please?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2012, 03:23:13 pm »

((Shorten, two days.))

"It is a bit late, but I guess we won't be attacked by those creatures of the night, since we are traveling together. Hey, having company may actually be useful for something."

Stalith laughs a bit before continuing.

"I'll finish my stuff here and we can get going , unless you want to sleep in the city and start on the way to Araneomu tomorrow, after we get fully rested...I think I'll buy bows from the elves, they must be cheaper and better than these imports."

-Refill waterskin and also get a rope for free.
-Buy:
$5 Wooden Blocks [x2]
$10 Iron Saw [x1]
$30 Iron Axe [x1]
Total: $50
-Rest if Gregory agrees; otherwise go with him towards Araneomu.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2012, 05:00:05 pm »

Get something to eat and then take a nap.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2012, 05:59:25 pm »

Oh, you mean I got it FOR FREE?!  :D
Can you add it to my inventory then please?

Done.

((Shorten, two days.))
-Refill waterskin and also get a rope for free.

I am, like, the king of misleading...

Ok, for the shorten:

When enough players shorten, the time allowed will be deducted until one day later. All players that have not posted their action will be PM'ed and will have until the next day to post their action. This has no effect if the next day or the current day is the deadline.
If you want more time to avoid players being NPC'ed, you can extend, which will give players one more day to post their action.

The rope, you will have to find get a donation. I can roll for you to find; if you don't find one, you can ask for one, which is automatic. That will be rolled too.

Get something to eat and then take a nap.

Uhhhh... didn't you just do that? lol. You can still do that, though.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2012, 06:10:47 pm »

((The statuses are a bit misleading.))

Head to the cavern, it is time to kill beasties and not afraid of anything.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2012, 06:53:27 pm »

((You try reading something that is already misleading on a mobile device.))

Follow Fekod.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2012, 10:29:38 pm »

"Of course having company is useful! Would you rather take on a group of goblins by yourself, or with someone you know will watch your back? Anyway, I think we'll be alright on the road. We're in a group after all so we can take turns for watching over the other one while he sleeps."

Gregory smiles and shoulders his pack.

"Let's go visit some elves."

Go ahead and rest with Stalith, then follow him.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2012, 09:18:56 am »

Writing Turn 5.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2012, 10:08:51 am »

Turn 5 –The Shopping Spree (Part 4) and The GCS

Granite 1, 251
It is late afternoon.

Mahtan Anarion’s POV

Continuing to explore, [6] you find a medicinal herb.

In Liwaalisa, “Strike Bud”, Forest Retreat
Alana Teucer’s POV

After buying from the shops, you meet your sister in the clearing of the grove, sitting on a nearby boulder.

”Alright, I won’t guess. What did you bring me?”
”If I said clothes, would you be surprised?”
”Come on, silly. I know how to take care of these agarments in any weather – you taught me.”
”Alright, alright. You sure are excited to go on an adventure.”

“Go ahead, open it,”
your sister says after pulling out an object wrapped in rope reed cloth and rope.

”I had to find something that would keep my memory with you, so I etched something into the tip of the hilt. Check it… later on.”

The twine unravels quite easily under your fingers, showing a Copper Dagger, with the insignia of the Liwaalisan people on the hilt as a white pine. The hilt itself is nothing out of the ordinary, but you can feel the value of the simple object radiate from your hands. [6, 3] You then notice a small engraving at the metal tip of the dagger.

This is an exceptional Copper Dagger. Engraved in the hilt is an image of the elves of Liwaalisan. Engraved in the tip is… an image.

This is an engraving in a *Copper Dagger*. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. Engraved is a picture of a dwarf and a demon of slade. The dwarf is cutting the demon in pieces. It menaces with tiny spikes of slade–

Producing about ten meters of rope, your sister says, ”A good adventurer always brings rope, don’t you think? Though… I’ve exhausted every bit of coin you left me, none of our special armor, sadly…”

You end up buying two scrolls, a set of writing implements, ten meters of rope, and a copper dagger… engraved with an image.

”Don’t you worry a bit, sis. I’ll be trekking the land and slaughtering goblins and dwarves like they were nothing! I’ll bring something home that would prove my prowess!”

“And you can keep the rest of the money; It’s the least I can do when you’ve helped me this far.”

”Hah, I’ll be sure to see you off better than I would.

”I’ve… delayed long enough. But could you do me one favor?”
“Sure, anything.”
”Accompany to the border, plea–”
“You want to go leave… now?”

Looking back at your sister, you see her putting on a very depressing expression, and this time, unlike most, it felt genuine.

”Well… we’ve got nothing to do an–”
”You mean you’ve nothing to do!”
“Whoa, don’t get mad here.”
”Dusk is nearing, and we’ve got a long way to go… home sounds like a better place.”

“I mean, one more day couldn’t hurt; you’ve just graduated!”

“Good point. Heh, now that I think of it, I may be rushing too fast…”
”Good! That means I can tease you more and tell you more stories!”
“You’ll never change, won’t you?”

”As long as you don’t. We made a promise on that, remember?”

“Now… how about another tale of the boogeymen, hmm?”

You and your sister go back home.

At Nishvukrig, “Trade Drifts”, Mountain Home
Fekod Sladeborn’s POV

You go to the cavern.

[3][6 vs 3] and suddenly get ambushed by [2] a Giant Cave Spider.

Turn rolls: [47 Fekod] [34 Cero] [45 GCS]
[68 Fekod vs 26 GCS]
[15 damage]

Going directly for the head, you bash the GCS with your shield.

[1] The GCS somehow gets stunned.

You notice Cero take out his pick.

[Attack and dodge rolls are ignored because the GCS is stunned]
[20 damage]

[1] The head of the GCS corpse rolls off its… whatever its supposed to be called after Cero sliced it off using his pick.

Cero Undulai’s POV

You follow Fekod.

[3][6 vs 3] and notice a [2] Giant Cave Spider spring up on Fekod.

Turn rolls: [47 Fekod] [34 Cero] [45 GCS]

[68 Fekod vs 26 GCS]
[15 damage]

Going directly for the head, Fekod bashes the GCS with his shield.

[1] The GCS somehow gets stunned.

Deciding that your pick would work better, you take it out.

[Attack and dodge rolls are ignored because the GCS is stunned]
[20 damage]

[1] The head of the GCS corpse rolls off its… whatever its supposed to be called after you slice it with your pick.

You guys actually rolled the same for the noticing… wow.

At Jonicmon, “Basement Holy”, Capital
Gregory Gianovich’s POV

”It’s a bit late, but I guess we won’t be attacked by those creatures of the night, since we are travelling together. Hey, having company may actually be useful for something,” Staltih says, laughing. ”I’ll finish my stuff here and we can get going, unless you want to sleep in the city and start on the way to… Arane… Araneomu tomorrow, after we get fully rested… I think I’ll buy bows from the elves, they must be cheaper and better than these imports.”
”Of course having company is useful! Would you rather take on a group of goblins by yourself, or with someone you know will watch your back? Anyway, I think we’ll be alright on the road. We’re in a group after all so we can take turns watching over the other one while he sleeps,” you say while shouldering your pack. ”Let’s go visit some elves, right after we get some more… stuff.”

You go to the well with Stalith, refilling both of your flasks. You then go to the carpentry shop, where Stalith buys two wooden blocks, one iron saw, and one iron axe.

”Huh, it seems like the sun is going to set in a bit… and by a bit, I mean two hours. Though, even so… do you think we should stop and rest now, or should we just wait a day?”

Stalith Ngirathil’s POV

”It’s a bit late, but I guess we won’t be attacked by those creatures of the night, since we are travelling together. Hey, having company may actually be useful for something,” you say, laughing. ”I’ll finish my stuff here and we can get going, unless you want to sleep in the city and start on the way to… Arane… Araneomu tomorrow, after we get fully rested… I think I’ll buy bows from the elves, they must be cheaper and better than these imports.”
”Of course having company is useful! Would you rather take on a group of goblins by yourself, or with someone you know will watch your back? Anyway, I think we’ll be alright on the road. We’re in a group after all so we can take turns watching over the other one while he sleeps,” Gregory says while shouldering his pack. ”Let’s go visit some elves, right after we get some more… stuff.”

You go to the well with Gregory, refilling both of your flasks, then [4 vs 4] getting a 5 meter length of rope. You then go to the carpentry shop, buying two wooden blocks, one iron saw, and one iron axe.

”Huh, it seems like the sun is going to set in a bit… and by a bit, I mean two hours. Though, even so… do you think we should stop and rest now, or should we just wait a day?”

Spoiler: xiphonii (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chaos Armor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map of Jonicmon (click to show/hide)

Sorry about taking 3 days to write this... I was kind of busy... but not really.
I know, lame excuse.

Include shorten to... make me do what the shorten is supposed to do.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:12:25 am by RoaryStar »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2012, 10:58:05 am »

((Shawrtaen!

Also, take your time Roary, good work with the RTD! Alsoalso, I've not played DF in a loooong time, what does the <> mean? XD))

Alana collapsed comfortably into her bed -- adjacent to her sister's and right next to the only lightsource, several firefly nests on the branches 'outside' and a lantern hanging on a scion.

"This dagger, I've never seen the tip have this kind of metal before."
"Huh? Oh, that one. The keeper told me it was in a deal with the dwarves. Nothing big, just decor and somesuch."
"Feels...kinda weighted. Beautiful sky out, anyway."
"Orange, red, pink...yep. The sun sets quite quickly in the spring, somehow."

"You said something about bogeymen? I'm too tired to remember, can you?"
"A lullaby for my fraternal twin, hm? Mark your map soon with this ink."
"Hah, a lullaby then. Fill it with horror please.

. . .

"What is this ink made of? It's bloody red!"

"Beets!

. . .

"You really have trouble with liquid writing tools."

Gather lore on what an elf adventurer might commonly meet in the wilds, preferring the hostile ones and note down their weaknesses: If melee or range//charging headfirst or laying back...those sorts, and some fantasy elements to spice it up. Before sleeping, of course. Wake up: Naturally.

Also, mark that map for possible routes of travel. [To be said]

Spoiler: Personal Map (click to show/hide)

"Alright, now the bogeyman-..."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:03:52 am by Tiruin »

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2012, 11:03:05 am »

((Shawrtaen!
Also, take your time Roary, good work with the RTD! Alsoalso, I've not played DF in a loooong time, what does the <> mean? XD))

What is a "Shawrtaen"? jk
Thanks for the compliment; I've learned the <> recently, actually. It's part of the "manual," though it's not used.

Quote from: The DF Manual
<Sword> Magical Item

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2012, 11:07:14 am »

I've learned the <> recently, actually. It's part of the "manual," though it's not used.

Quote from: The DF Manual
<Sword> Magical Item
((Huh, good point. I knew I saw it somewhere but Magical items aren't yet implemented in DF Vanilla or any mods...

Yay, I've an ambiguous magical knife!))

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2012, 11:10:11 am »

Yay, I've an ambiguous magical knife!

No, you really just have a knife with a magical engraving... but I listed it as magical just so I don't need to make a new spoiler for it. :P

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2012, 11:55:01 am »

((I like to think that a shawrtaen is related to a shawtay, like those from the song!

Shawrtaen!))

Gregory looked at the fading light and looked back to Stalith.

"I think we should leave at first light tomorrow. No point in chancing the bogeymen tonight when we have a perfectly nice town to stay in."

Find someplace where we can stay for the night. Get some kind of free dinner and drink, then sleep until the early morning.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2012, 12:00:00 pm »

I like to think that a shawrtaen is related to a shawtay, like those from the song!

wut? lol

<color=yellowgreen>
Also, mark that map for possible routes of travel. [To be said]
Spoiler: Personal Map (click to show/hide)

Wow, I can't believe I just noticed you use yellow-green.

And you don't have the map, Caellath and Zako have it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12