Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48232 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (71 - 4/5 united, take two)
« Reply #510 on: November 19, 2012, 09:24:27 pm »

"I am almost disappointed," The skeleton muttered as he headed for the strangely-placed exit, "I was expecting more trouble here. Planting a foot of steel through one of their faces might have been somewhat... Satisfying."
He turned his glowing eyes towards each of the figures as he neared them. There was still time yet...

>Head on through there.

>Striketh down anything in my way with my sword.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 20, 2012, 05:29:29 am »

"Ahaha! Abstract!" Rorrim said, approaching the canvas and leveling his polearm at it. Checking for any minute inconsistencies or any details of the canvas (or around it)

"You know art?"

"I was an artist before taking up mercenary job. Sue me."

Baradine shall examine the other pictures, including an exit or any other passage ways. Presence of a light source and if possible, intuit on his own feeling about this room. Magic?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #512 on: November 21, 2012, 01:59:24 am »

Attempt to remove the pictures... Gently, preferably.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 21, 2012, 05:27:08 am »

"Interesting. So, what do you teach, book?"

Examine canvas while conversing with Book.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (74 - )
« Reply #514 on: November 21, 2012, 11:53:25 am »

"I am almost disappointed," The skeleton muttered as he headed for the strangely-placed exit, "I was expecting more trouble here. Planting a foot of steel through one of their faces might have been somewhat... Satisfying."
He turned his glowing eyes towards each of the figures as he neared them. There was still time yet...

>Head on through there.

>Striketh down anything in my way with my sword.
You head to the door and open with, with absolutely no reaction from the skeletal giant or the winged humanoid. "I am beginning to suspect those guys might be even less alive than we are." You open the door and a loud, roaring sound escapes.

"Ahaha! Abstract!" Rorrim said, approaching the canvas and leveling his polearm at it. Checking for any minute inconsistencies or any details of the canvas (or around it)

"You know art?"

"I was an artist before taking up mercenary job. Sue me."

Baradine shall examine the other pictures, including an exit or any other passage ways. Presence of a light source and if possible, intuit on his own feeling about this room. Magic?
Examine canvas (1d6+1=6)
You blink. Wasn't there movement in the gray? You look again. Wasn't there a glimpse of color? You put down your polearm and move closer. Yes. There is movement in the gray. There are glimpses of color. There is a nighttime landscape beneath the gray, you're certain of it. The gray... yes. It is not some uniform thing moving. It is countless spirits. Countless spirits floating over a nighttime landscape, floating... and dancing, in a way. Spirits, caught in a dance of despair.

Examine room (1d6=6)
Baradine finds the other pictures of great quality, well-framed, well-preserved, well-fastened, and pretty much mundane on their lonesome. Portraits, landscapes, scenes, still lifes, about everything is there. The room itself does have no other exits, but there is an air about it... as if it isn't quite in its right place.

Attempt to remove the pictures... Gently, preferably.
Get an image (1d6=6)
You look at one of the smaller pictures that should be easily portable, a still life of a vase with flowers, and test how it is fastened. You end up shifting the frame around quite a few minutes before it comes off. Then you set it down and knock against the wall. Nope, no oddities. Wait, you wanted the painting, not what might be behind it.

"Interesting. So, what do you teach, book?"

Examine canvas while conversing with Book.
I teach what you deserve.

Examine canvas (1d6+1=7)
You take a closer look at the canvas. At the spirits, dancing in despair. At the nighttime landscape. Back at the spirits, who long to dance elsewhere. The spirits despaired. The souls despaired. The dancing souls despaired. Dancing souls... dancing souls.....

For example, that particular 'painting' is very well-protected.

Did the four of you just hear a faint roar?

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 22, 2012, 12:22:12 am »

"Zalgus, what say you and me try to discern any supernatural oddities here?"

"Magic to see these spirits?"

"What sp- oh...uhh, yes! Alright, let's go with that."

If Irony accepts, Baradine shall aid his spellcasting.

Rorrim shall try to scratch the Grey Painting with Baradine's sword.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #516 on: November 22, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »

"You guys hear a roar?
I don't think now's the time to be admiring cloth."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 22, 2012, 07:01:22 pm »

"Ha, well said!" Zalgus responded to the book. "Though, what do you mean by well protected? And what is it, exactly?"

He then turned to Baradine.

"Well, I suppose that might be worth a shot, assuming this counts as the corpse of a sentient creature... if not, no promises."

Try to magically discern something about the canvas.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 22, 2012, 10:40:25 pm »

"...Ah."
Trael reacted swiftly, pulling the door half-closed and sliding his sword through the gap ready to strike.

>Half-shut the door again and ready my sword to (hopefully) impale whatever comes charging out with its own momentum.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (75 - )
« Reply #519 on: November 23, 2012, 04:17:51 pm »

"Zalgus, what say you and me try to discern any supernatural oddities here?"

"Magic to see these spirits?"

"What sp- oh...uhh, yes! Alright, let's go with that."

If Irony accepts, Baradine shall aid his spellcasting.

Rorrim shall try to scratch the Grey Painting with Baradine's sword.

"Ha, well said!" Zalgus responded to the book. "Though, what do you mean by well protected? And what is it, exactly?"

He then turned to Baradine.

"Well, I suppose that might be worth a shot, assuming this counts as the corpse of a sentient creature... if not, no promises."

Try to magically discern something about the canvas.

Scratch (1d6=2)
Rorrim kind of scrapes the wall along the frame.

Zalgus consults his speaking book.
One - Elemental traps just above the canvas along with a powerful knockback to push away any harmful objects, and countermagic to most known harmful spells.
Two - The Dance of Souls Despaired. Part of a set of artwork that incorporates illusion magic, called the Dance of Souls, obviously enough. You may have seen another part, the Dance of Souls Triumphant, coming in.

He and Baradine  then share a bit of magibabble that culminates in Zalgus saying "Nope. Not remains."

"You guys hear a roar?
I don't think now's the time to be admiring cloth."

It's looking worse and worse for the sanity of those guys. Good thing you're so adept at staying calm.

"...Ah."
Trael reacted swiftly, pulling the door half-closed and sliding his sword through the gap ready to strike.

>Half-shut the door again and ready my sword to (hopefully) impale whatever comes charging out with its own momentum.
You hurriedly half-close the door and poke your sword in. A few minutes in, another roar charges through the door. "I don't think it's coming closer."

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 23, 2012, 06:46:56 pm »

Zalgus scratched his head.

"The only thing I noticed was a strange statue. Unless you mean the stone door. And it's just... well, not mundane artwork, but nothing but artwork?"

More book-talkings.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #521 on: November 24, 2012, 11:18:15 am »

Take watch by the humming door we came through.

"So there was this one time I fought a giant golden spider..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 24, 2012, 01:58:58 pm »

"Pray tell on that spider..."

"And the same goes for the book. Where did you get that exquisite artifact, Zalgus? I've never seen talking...book."

Rorrim shall try to enter a martial trance - a state of clarity and heightened senses for the current time to try to discern any anomalies that can be sensed or initiate a response to any hidden attack if possible.

Baradine shall...try to cast a fire spark at the grey painting.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 24, 2012, 02:14:07 pm »

"Ah! I found it in a ruined laboratory... or was it a moonshine still? Anyway, apparently it's the possession of someone called the Ashen One, or similar epithets, who stayed here a time before being chased out by Prodith. Quite fascinating thus far."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 24, 2012, 02:16:00 pm »

"Mayhap I request you to ask it for any valid direction out of this room, preceding any answer from the way we just passed through, of course?"
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45