Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48163 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (1- Such a pile of wood)
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 05:27:56 pm »

I suppose I'll just sit back and wait for someone to open up a passage.  If no one succeeds, I'll burn the wood with my Firebolt.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:32:15 pm by Baradine »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (1- Such a pile of wood)
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 07:00:40 pm »

Topple the slab. Find what's underneath.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (2 - Barrierstuck)
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 05:06:46 am »

Take apart most of the movable items, clearing them to the side.

Begin taking some of the smaller wooden items - to be used as torches or as wood...supply, for later on.

And find something to be used as a whetstone from the rocks.

"Did anyone read what was on the slab?"
Receiving no answer on what was on the slab, you start to clear away the obstacle. (1d6=6)
The first part you take is lodged in a bit, and you pull a bit too hard, sending pieces of wood, broken wheels, rubble, and something else tumbling down and pinning you. Rorrim Defense, Barricade Attack (1d6=1, 1d6=4). You take 2 damage (crushing).
The path is free, but you're pinned... and you see now that the "something else" falling was corpse pieces, because a skull is staring straight at you.

Trael pushed fowards along with his fleshy companion, pausing briefly at the pile of debris before beginning to clear a path.
Keeping the sword resting over one shoulder bone, with his free hand the skeletal warrior began digging his way through, almost impatiently if a skull could show any such expression. He (or it, we've been over this) had come this far and wasn't about to rest now.

>Dig a path wide enough for myself through the blockage. Onwards, ever onwards.
You gratefully take the path that Rorrim cleared with his microvalanche. You move onwards, ever onwards.

Examine barrier. Try to see who or what might have put it up, and more importantly, which side they did so from.
(1d6+1=3)
Coughing from the dust cloud the collapse brought, you have no idea about anything.

I suppose I'll just sit back and wait for someone to open up a passage.  If no one succeeds, I'll burn the wood with my Firebolt.
You count that as a success, and don't bother with the firebolt.

Topple the slab. Find what's underneath.
(1d6=2)
Oomph. Apparently it sits more stable than you had thought.

And so Trael moves on towards the Keep that lures him. He walks ceaselessly, while behind him, Rorrim is stuck beneath some rubble, staring at a skull, and a dust cloud settles on Zalgus and Baradine. Rorgrin remains oblivious to these going-ons, attempting to topple the memorial slab, curious what it might hide.

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:09:22 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 05:23:00 am »

Tie the rope around the top of the slab and pull. Ah! And before I forget, leave something round like a piece of rubble underneath the slab so it can be rolled off if it falls. Rorgrin is intrigued.
And ask Trael if he has a feeling that he knows where we should be heading.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 07:08:17 am »

((Thanks for stepping over the rubble and ignoring me guys. I appreciate that.  :P))

Whistle.

"Hey Trael! One of your brothers is keeping me company, mind giving me a hand, figuratively?

"And this barricade was made of more than your brothers! Corpses!"

Use axe as leverage to get out of this dirt.

Follow the...re- no wait, bad idea. Head back and try to carry that slab along, and try to decipher what is written on it, figuratively.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 07:24:34 am »

Trael didn't break stride as Rogrin called to him, simply shrugging his withered shoulders. "This way."
What Rorrim said, however, caused the skeleton to hesitate, then come to a halt and turn reluctantly around. "...What?" Loathe as he was to tarry so near to his goal, the idea struck a chord within him and he headed back down the path towards his unfortunate companion.
'My... Brother? A long shot, of course, but who knows... Maybe this is where I came from.'

>Dig the aformentioned skull out of the rubble, check if I recognize it.

>Then continue back up the path, hurrying to make up for lost time.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 11:38:55 am »

Continue ever onward down the path.  And I just fully read the turn, so try and help Rorrim out of the rubble.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:03:54 pm by Baradine »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2012, 03:04:24 pm »

More examine barrier!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (3 - Face of the Enemy)
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2012, 03:52:19 pm »

Tie the rope around the top of the slab and pull. Ah! And before I forget, leave something round like a piece of rubble underneath the slab so it can be rolled off if it falls. Rorgrin is intrigued.
And ask Trael if he has a feeling that he knows where we should be heading.

(1d6=3)
The rope ends up coming off as the knot opens too easily.

((Thanks for stepping over the rubble and ignoring me guys. I appreciate that.  :P))

Whistle.

"Hey Trael! One of your brothers is keeping me company, mind giving me a hand, figuratively?

"And this barricade was made of more than your brothers! Corpses!"
Whistle (1d6=2)
You try to whistle, but get nothing but a cough out.

Use axe as leverage to get out of this dirt.

Follow the...re- no wait, bad idea. Head back and try to carry that slab along, and try to decipher what is written on it, figuratively.

Continue ever onward down the path.  And I just fully read the turn, so try and help Rorrim out of the rubble.
Get Rorrim out of the rubble (1d6=1, 1d6=1) (Oww.)
Rorrim tries to use his axe for leverage, but ends up punching Baradine with the flat, accidentally hooking him, and causing him to stumble and fall on Rorrim. At least no further microvalanches are set in motion.

Trael didn't break stride as Rogrin called to him, simply shrugging his withered shoulders. "This way."
What Rorrim said, however, caused the skeleton to hesitate, then come to a halt and turn reluctantly around. "...What?" Loathe as he was to tarry so near to his goal, the idea struck a chord within him and he headed back down the path towards his unfortunate companion.
'My... Brother? A long shot, of course, but who knows... Maybe this is where I came from.'

>Dig the aformentioned skull out of the rubble, check if I recognize it.

>Then continue back up the path, hurrying to make up for lost time.
Identify skull (1d6=6)
As Trael picks up the skull from the jumble of companions, Larry claims he sees a distinct family resemblance. Holding the skull in front of himself, Trael can't exactly argue against it, and sits down in the rubble, staring ceaselessly at the strangely familiar object. Deleth? He wasn't a brother... was he? Is that him? Yes... for some reason you associate the skull with that name... and that name you associate with... THE ENEMY! In anger, you toss the skull against the slope, kick it, and for good measure, hack it with your sword, again and again and again.

More examine barrier!
More examine barrier (1d6+1=5)
Now that the cloud has settles, and despite your comrades' antics, you get a better look at the remains of the barrier. It appears that it was created from the remains of at least one narrow wagon, more likely two, which may have been created specifically for the narrow path here, along with several rocks, probably rained on the wagons from above. The resulting mess then somehow was combined to create the barrier... if you had to guess, with magic, from above, without removing any of the corpses that were in the wagons.

In an odd twist of fate, the barrier holds up the group more now that it is destroyed than it had when it still stood. Rorrim still lies in the rubble, and now Baradine lays upon him as well, while Zalgus and Trael are busy with their own examinations. Rorgrin still ponders the slab that he twice has failed to topple now.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:03:17 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2012, 04:03:17 pm »

Well, helping people was a bust.  I'll just let him get out on his own now, as to not complicate the roll.  Onwards down the road!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2012, 04:42:49 pm »

Dig out barrier for loot! Surely there's loot in wagons!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2012, 05:36:36 pm »

Had he any lungs or other organs, the skeletal figure would most likely be breathing heavily after his outburst.
Really, that would make it easier to calm down, to tire out and get over that particular anger he felt. But no, instead he just stood there, staring at the shattered skull with eyes that by rights should see nothing.
"Deleth... Deleth, Deleth... Enemies. They are here. There. Ahead. Down the path. Come, Larry. We will find them. Yess..."

His mouth, for some reason enchanted to mimic the motions of speech, moved rapidly and angrily as he muttered to himself in that horrible voice on his way along the path, once again walking with surety and purpose after that short distraction.

>Keep moving. No more waiting. We are almost there now.

((I'm sure Rorrim will be fiiiine. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2012, 06:46:53 pm »

(((FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-)))

"Bloody distractions!" Rorrim cursed. Everyone else was hellbent on finding this Keep, and not paying attention as to whether they'd need other people to help them up.

Rawr. Push Baradine off me! Push that rubble off me!

Then GTFO back to that road!

"Blood and bloody people..."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2012, 10:07:38 pm »

Attempt to lift up the slab with calf muscle power!
Also do some stretches first. We don't want accidental injuries just yet.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 05:45:45 am »

Well, helping people was a bust.  I'll just let him get out on his own now, as to not complicate the roll.  Onwards down the road!
You stand up, dust yourself off, and ever onwards down the road you go.

Dig out barrier for loot! Surely there's loot in wagons!
Loot, Luck (1d6=5, 1d6=2)
You dig into the barrier, finding rotten food, rotten rope, another skull, broken glass and bone, and an unopened, unmarked potion vial that happens to be intact.

Had he any lungs or other organs, the skeletal figure would most likely be breathing heavily after his outburst.
Really, that would make it easier to calm down, to tire out and get over that particular anger he felt. But no, instead he just stood there, staring at the shattered skull with eyes that by rights should see nothing.
"Deleth... Deleth, Deleth... Enemies. They are here. There. Ahead. Down the path. Come, Larry. We will find them. Yess..."

His mouth, for some reason enchanted to mimic the motions of speech, moved rapidly and angrily as he muttered to himself in that horrible voice on his way along the path, once again walking with surety and purpose after that short distraction.

>Keep moving. No more waiting. We are almost there now.
((I'm sure Rorrim will be fiiiine. :P))

You get moving again and keep moving.

(((FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-)))

"Bloody distractions!" Rorrim cursed. Everyone else was hellbent on finding this Keep, and not paying attention as to whether they'd need other people to help them up.

Rawr. Push Baradine off me! Push that rubble off me!

Then GTFO back to that road!

"Blood and bloody people..."

Get that rubble off! (1d6=3)
Damn. Pushing doesn't do the trick.

Attempt to lift up the slab with calf muscle power!
Also do some stretches first. We don't want accidental injuries just yet.

Stretch, then lift the slab (1d6=4, 1d6=2)
You do some quick stretches, then go lifting the slab, but you fail to grasp the slab in quite the right way to lift it up.

As freedom and the slab elude Rorrim and Rorgrin, Zalgus finds but a trifling of what he may have hoped to gain. Meanwhile Trael and Baradine travel the narrow path, coming up to a broader flat area. To their astonishment, they see a keep before them, earlier than expected. The outer walls hold a large, closed gate at the front, and the sides appear to jut into the mountain behind them. The keep itself appears to be a square building, but also partially built into the mountain... or perhaps did the mountain collapse on the keep? Doesn't it even look like the mountain is... welded to the top of the keep?
Regardless of your expectations on the distance to the keep or its appearance, you are completely certain. This is the
Keep of Bloodstained Dreams you are standing in front of. Idly, you notice that the path continues further past the keep, but of what consequence is that? The real goal is in front of you.

[/quote]
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45