Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48162 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (5 - Keep Out?)
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2012, 01:01:30 am »

"Well, we could use Rogrin's rope combined with some of our weapons to make a grappling hook..."
Rorgrin scowls. Losing a weapon and a rope at the same time doesn't seem smart.

Walk up to the keep.

It wouldn't be permanent, but whatever.  There's probably another way in anyways.

NEVER RISK THE ROPE

lol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (5 - Keep Out?)
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2012, 01:26:23 am »

NEVER RISK THE ROPE
I get the feeling this is going to go like my typical potion usage.

"But what if I need it late-"

YOU HAVE BEEN EATEN BY A BEAR
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (6 - Holy Rope)
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2012, 04:31:53 am »

"Well, we could use Rogrin's rope combined with some of our weapons to make a grappling hook..."

Suggest, and look for alternate methods of entry.
Look for alternate methods of entry (1d6=5)
((Whoops, wrong character for the bonus.))
Your suggestion to use the rope only earns scowls from Rorgrin when he arrives, so you begin looking for potential entryways. The way the keep and the outer walls jut out from the mountain side, you could probably climb up the slope to gain access to the outer wall, at least. Huh. Isn't there a rope dangling from the western wall? Ah, no, that's too rotten to carry any weight.

((So...no rock in inventory?))

"Finally."

Follow the rest to the Keep entrance!

When there, try to discern if the walls are smashable.

You arrive at the keep, and promptly examine if the walls are smashable. (1d6+1=6). Why yes, they are! Now, where did you leave your battering ram that you'll need for that...?

"Hm. Or we could look for another way in."

Follow the path, see where it leads! If it goes on too long, just return to group and ponder gate some more.
You follow the path for a bit, but it becomes apparent that it only leads deeper into the mountains, and return to ponder the gate. (1d6=6) Heavy, metal-reinforced, with some interesting pattern in the treated wood... How did they even move the thing, you wonder. Those patterns look interesting. Kind of hypnotic... You could look at them for sooo long. You really don't want to stop studying the gate.

"Curses!" Trael stared at the door before him. If he had a face, it would probably be scowling.
"All this way, all thiss destiny, just to be foiled by a door?! I think not, Larry..."

>Shout at door, "Open!"

>...Then follow others to find entrance, as sheepishly as a skeleton can.

"I suppose we must work together to gain entry to this place. So close now... I can feel it in my bones... So close."
You shout at the door to open, but predictably, it doesn't. "Sesame, this place ain't."
Find entrance (1d6=3)
You're not quite sure where to start looking for another entrance.

Rorgrin scowls. Losing a weapon and a rope at the same time doesn't seem smart.

Walk up to the keep.

You arrive at the keep, the party complete once more. Baradine suggests using your rope as a makeshift climbing hook. How dare he! Your rope! You scowl at him, and he sensibly looks for other ways to enter the keep.

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2012, 04:47:11 am »

Yes, we should study it more... mooooooore...
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2012, 04:51:53 am »

Time to go Rock Climbing.  8)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2012, 04:53:58 am »

Conduct a breach and entry assault at the nearest wall I could discern as smashable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2012, 05:38:42 am »

Begin scratching phallic imagery, Larry's mother and "RORGRIN WAS HERE RTD 2012" into the gate with my dagger.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2012, 08:19:54 am »

"Not helping, Larry. Really. Not helping."

Trael stood there for a long time, wishing he had flesh to frown with. Then he concentrated very hard, stepped foward, and attempted to slowly phase through the wall/door. Just, y'know, in case there's any magic left floating around in him.

If.. Er, when that fails, he shall head around the perimeter of the keep, searching for some kind of entrance.

>Attempt to phase through door and wall!

>...Then circle the keep, scanning for entrances and checking to see if my companions have discovered any.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (7 - Looking up and down)
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2012, 02:34:56 pm »

Study moooore (1d6+1=3)
You snap out of your desire to study the gate. Rorgrin's defacements may or may not have something to do with it. Now that you think of it, the gate is rather dull, actually.

Time to go Rock Climbing.  8)
Go rock climbing (1d6=5)
You nimbly climb up the mountain slope, and onto the outer wall. From your new vantage point, you can see that the interior is divided into three courtyards - a large front courtyard between the gate and the main keep, which is connected to the outer wall with two small passages, and two courtyards behind the main keep and the passages. Well, it might be a single courtyard if it weren't for the mountain that... hum, collapsed? onto the courtyard and main keep. Hard to tell. It kind of looks as if welded on. The main keep sports a large door, the smaller passages sport small doors leading inside.

Code: [Select]
^^^^^^^^^
|..^^^..|
|___#___|
|.......|
|___O___|
((Crappy code map not to scale.))

Conduct a breach and entry assault at the nearest wall I could discern as smashable.
Smash the walls (1d6=4)
Lacking a battering ram, you use the perfectly mundane stone from the barricade to assault the wall. You chip off some bits of stone from the wall.

Begin scratching phallic imagery, Larry's mother and "RORGRIN WAS HERE RTD 2012" into the gate with my dagger.
Deface of the door (1d6=3)
You scrawl incomprehensible stuff onto the gate. Not even you are certain what's a worm, what's your name, and what isn't. Guess they can't all be winners.

"Not helping, Larry. Really. Not helping."

Trael stood there for a long time, wishing he had flesh to frown with. Then he concentrated very hard, stepped foward, and attempted to slowly phase through the wall/door. Just, y'know, in case there's any magic left floating around in him.

If.. Er, when that fails, he shall head around the perimeter of the keep, searching for some kind of entrance.

>Attempt to phase through door and wall!

>...Then circle the keep, scanning for entrances and checking to see if my companions have discovered any.
"Well, whoever awakened you may have left a few surprises to discover."
Attempt to phase; search for entrances (1d6=4, 1d6=5)
You concentrate on phasing out. Doesn't seem to do the trick. You guess you aren't that kind of undead. Scanning for other entryways, you spot a rope hanging from the western wall... but wait, that's so rotten, it couldn't even support Larry's mother. "You mean parent. Look up. That Baradine guy climbed the mountain slope and got onto the wall. If you're lucky, he'll open the gate from the inside. Otherwise, that's our entrance, too."

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2012, 02:44:14 pm »

Try and find a way to open the gates, if not:

"Hey, could you throw me up a rope?  I could tie around something sturdy, and you guys could climb up.  It would certainly be easier than trying to climb the mountain face like me."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2012, 03:32:21 pm »

Clamber up mountainside and into the keep.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2012, 03:49:22 pm »

Hesitantly throw Baradine the rope.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2012, 05:07:17 pm »

Hesitantly throw Baradine the rope.

I might not need it, so I would recommend posting another action as well in case I open the gates.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »

"Hurry," Trael calls up over the keep's wall, "Open the gate! There is no time, no time..."
He walked over and stood, motionless before the gate. He wasn't fidgeting or shifting his weight or any other human habit, but he was certainly emenating a feeling of impatience. He wanted this over with, he wanted to find what had brought him here. And deal with it.

>Wait impatiently for Baradine to open the gate!

>If he takes too long, go climb that wall.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2012, 10:29:37 pm »

Grunt, and move over to Trael's side for companionship.

Sharpen Axe with Rock.

Try to discern any noticeable marks from the gate that would give an idea on what we would face inside.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45