Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: BYOLoLC - Requiem cast'd, everyone dies  (Read 72104 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia!
« Reply #255 on: September 01, 2012, 03:32:50 am »

I vote to claim, preferably claiming HP missing as opposed to how much you have.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2012, 05:34:37 am »

Great activity, everyone.

Hapah: I still don't see the connection between Native saying he'd post later and you bringing it up, unless it's you covering for your buddy.

And do you think that holds true in light of the fact that the scum don't have a real NK?
Sure. If they're playing to win, they should still be looking for people to kill at night.

I don't think I'm good enough to influence in what way people decide to kill me. Either you look scummy and you get lynched, or you look scummy and catch an attack or five in the night. How could you steer people towards one or the other?
The type of scummy that's almost certain to get you vigged: Claim scum and vote yourself.
The type of scummy that's almost certain to get you lynched: Make a massive slip and panic about it.

I vote to claim missing HP. The scum would be able to figure it out anyway from everyone's action claims and basic math, so why not. It also forces the scum to truthfully claim who they target with damaging abilities.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2012, 06:12:49 am »

Zero vote changes. No votecount.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2012, 03:08:12 pm »

Claiming missing HP might be a good idea. I'll think about it at work.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2012, 09:08:55 am »

It's adorable to see how much use the extension is put to. The day ends in approximately 27 hours from this post.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2012, 09:51:04 am »

It's adorable to see how much use the extension is put to. The day ends in approximately 27 hours from this post.
Prod everyone.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2012, 12:39:41 pm »

I think claiming missing HP is reasonable.  That allows math-based evidence to be brought into play without being a dead giveaway as to who has what.

Orangebottle:
Bad town is town, and lynching town is a MISlynch, which is a MIStake.
I disagree.

In the context of this game, does the fact that everyone may be a mini-vig change your opinion any?

Hapah:  Right now, you're my top pick, followed by Orangebottle.  OB I've covered, and I stated my opinion on you here.  Still thinking if you're voteworthy or not.

Since you're so unsure on ZU, who are you sure is scum?

UI:  See comment above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2012, 01:47:50 pm »

UI:

Also reconcile the two bolded statements, please.
-snip-
If I was a jester I'd scum it up, but subtly, so that people didn't realize I'm a jester until I flipped. If I was a martyr I'd hassle everyone so that no matter who the scum were I'd be on their list.
-snip-
The type of scummy that's almost certain to get you vigged: Claim scum and vote yourself.
The type of scummy that's almost certain to get you lynched: Make a massive slip and panic about it.

Quote from: Toaster
Hapah:  Right now, you're my top pick, followed by Orangebottle.  OB I've covered, and I stated my opinion on you here.  Still thinking if you're voteworthy or not.

Since you're so unsure on ZU, who are you sure is scum?
Anyone that is sure someone is scum (I'm looking at you, ZU) on D1 either has a very high estimation of their abilities or one hell of an ability lineup.

I'll give you all my reads, though (in the order in the OP)
Players:

0. NativeForeigner - Hasn't posted a question the entire game. Go ahead, look. Lurker.
1. Toaster - If zombie flips scum, Toaster will be my primary suspect.
2. Hapah - I'm me!
3. Orangebottle - Disagreed on HP claim, but it's just that: A disagreement.
4. IronyOwl - Lurker.
5. Tiruin - Lurker.
6. Shakerag - Lurker.
7. Phantom of the Library - Nothing suspicious, a little lurky balanced by the fact he's had a couple of pretty good content posts.
8. Urist Imiknorris - Nothing suspicious, but pending reply to question in this post.
9. zombie urist - I have not a goddamn clue anymore.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2012, 01:54:16 pm »

Orangebottle:
Bad town is town, and lynching town is a MISlynch, which is a MIStake.
I disagree.

In the context of this game, does the fact that everyone may be a mini-vig change your opinion any?
Not really. As I said, bad town are more likely to make the wrong decisions, and if everyone could be a mini-vig, why should a bad townie get special treatment?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2012, 02:07:57 pm »

Hapah:
UI:

Also reconcile the two bolded statements, please.
I hate jesters and pretending to be one as a martyr would feel wrong.

Also?

Did you ever?

You didn't respond to this, by the way:
I still don't see the connection between Native saying he'd post later and you bringing it up, unless it's you covering for your buddy.

Toaster: You're not sure if your top suspect is voteworthy? Are you serious?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2012, 02:31:45 pm »

First of all, apologies for not posting, Friday was a busy day and yesterday I had a headache amongst other things and couldn't concentrate on anything that required any significant amount of mental focus.

zombie urist
Moreover, why do you think that Orangebottle is scum again? I can't seem to find it.
Look more carefully. >_> Basically he's been contradicting himself a lot and when I call him out on it, he just goes "you're stupid" and dismisses my argument.

Oh, I never said that he was clean, I just never saw you state why you were tunneling him.

Then WHY DID YOU!? And you didn't answer the question fully.
I don't think it would help nor hurt the game. Also to try and stop the theory discussion. Obviously my plan didn't work. I think I answered the question fully. Ask again if you need.

Okay, "If you wanted scum-hunting done, why didn't you do some yourself instead of making a hypocrite of yourself?"

-You either ignore questions or answer them incompletely or vaguely.
1. No I don't. Point out any questions you feel I have answered unsatisfactorily and I'll go through them again.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113809.msg3564655#msg3564655
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113809.msg3565443#msg3565443
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113809.msg3564662#msg3564662

Now, I will admit that that is less than I remembered, but the fact still remains that you didn't answer several questions.

-I can't find a single instance where you actually scum-hunted throughout the day, the closest thing I can find is you pressuring Orangebottle about why he doesn't want to reveal his HP.
2. Did you actually read my posts?

Oh, I'm sorry, before you started tunneling OB you voted Toaster, because he was scuuuuuuuuum.  Great work on the scum-hunting there.

-Everything you've done lately just screams "lynch me!" and quite frankly I'm happy to oblige you now that I know that we won't lose the game.
3. No.

Oh, that's lovely, I'm so happy to hear that you disagree with me.  The fact was absolutely opaque before this response, hidden behind a veritable fog of uncertainty in fact!

-Oh, and Failure to Deliver here
4. Read through my recent posts.
Still not seeing anything, could you quote it for me please?

Native & Irony:

Could we see some content from you please?

Tiruin:
I asked you a question:
Tiruin:
What are your reads on everyone right now?

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2012, 02:38:37 pm »

Hapah:
Could you elaborate on this? Why would you suspect Toaster if ZU is scum?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2012, 08:34:21 pm »

Native & Irony:

Could we see some content from you please?

Like I said, fifty hour weeks and a cold followed by a fever hasn't exactly been kind to me. I'm doing the best I can with the time I have. Today and tomorrow are my days off, so I'll be a little more active. I'll definitely have a vote out by tonight (PST).

Anyone that is sure someone is scum (I'm looking at you, ZU) on D1 either has a very high estimation of their abilities or one hell of an ability lineup.

I'll give you all my reads, though (in the order in the OP)
Players:

0. NativeForeigner - Hasn't posted a question the entire game. Go ahead, look. Lurker.
2. Hapah - I'm me!
3. Orangebottle - Disagreed on HP claim, but it's just that: A disagreement.
4. IronyOwl - Lurker.
5. Tiruin - Lurker.
6. Shakerag - Lurker.
7. Phantom of the Library - Nothing suspicious, a little lurky balanced by the fact he's had a couple of pretty good content posts.
8. Urist Imiknorris - Nothing suspicious, but pending reply to question in this post.

All I'm seeing here is lurkers and no suspicions other than Toaster, but that's situational. What gives? Don't you have any scum picks?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2012, 11:13:52 pm »

Mmph, thought I had posted earlier...Was wondering on why there were no replies then. Anyway, midterms coming up, would be busy from then on (one day from now)

Voting for claiming hp lost during the night, if any. Not voting for claiming total hp.

Toaster

I want explanations on
It's almost a moot point by now. He's either town and a big distraction, scum and the lynch is great, or Jester/Martyr and we may as well lynch and get on with it (I just hope he's not the kind that kills a voter if he's a Jester. What are those called, SuperSaint Jesters?). Sometimes people step in it so bad that not lynching them is almost not an option (I'm thinking back to NF's misclaim in RL4. He was town, but I'd make the same decision again without a doubt. This isn't as extreme, but the principle is similar)

Oh hey, great logic there!  Zombie Urist!

Oh wait, no, that's dumb.  Unvote.

You're being far too careless and lackadaisical with your vote.  Bad town is town, and lynching town is a MISlynch, which is a MIStake.  Your actions smell like someone wanting to lynch someone D1 just to get through it and see the night.  It is extremely relevant which alignment he is, and your voting him without caring which it is is suspicious as hell.
Because it seems that you hit the 'bad town' mark on ZU and only that from Hapah's post. Did you say anything about other alignments? I don't see em.

I want ZU to die at night rather than hang because I think he's a jester.
What do you think about flailing players and how they can benefit the game?

Also,
Spoiler: As an aside... (click to show/hide)
Does this work in any which way for your alignment?

Phantom
Tiruin:
What are your reads on everyone right now?
Vague and cloudy...
On my target, ZU, I'm unsure if his posts are short due to RL, his playstyle, or for any other reason that is affecting him. But I don't like the gist of what he's posting.
Toaster, ^
IronyOwl has posted little, from THink's lurkertracker, but I've seen other threads he's made (RTD board), and he did state that he's got a lot on his hands at the moment. Vague, and thinking RL hit him.
OB has been targeting ZU with valid points, looks genuine
Shakerag goes in with IronyOwl, Vague and for partly the same reasons, minus any notice of RL.
UI, I'm glad that he's back in to playing and not away as a Rep, seems town-ish to be based on the content he puts in and the points he's making.
NF is vague. RL seems to be hitting him hard.
PoTL has been asking pointed questions in relation to scumhunting, vague but verging on < suspicion due to the content.

Shakerag & IronyOwl: You two aren't voting and...where are you both?

Everyone: Did Dariush answer
Mod: What does a lynch do to a hero?
This, yet?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia! (1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED)
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2012, 11:39:00 pm »

Hapah.

Yup. One is a win (lynch scum), one is unfortunate (lynch town), and one is almost inevitable (Jester, especially if he can win at night).

This post bothers me. Why go for the supposedly inevitable jester lynch instead of trying to find scum? Nothing is gained by lynching a Jester and if he turns out to be bad town, even more is lost. It would be more beneficial to hunt scum instead. Please explain your vote on ZU in detail, who your top scum picks are, and why you're voting ZU instead of them.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24