Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: BYOLoLC - Requiem cast'd, everyone dies  (Read 72112 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia!
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2012, 12:07:30 am »

OB:
1. Still a fallacy.
2. I did. How should I interpret it?
3. An element of guessing changes the game significantly.
4. Thanks for not bothering to actually refute these arguments though.

PPE
Hapah: Said before, 90 was just a random number.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2012, 12:36:17 am »

Tir: I've never seen a Jester that won by getting NK'd. Do you have an example?
. . .

No I don't, mistake in comprehension again. Jesters can only win by being lynched...

Anyway.

ZU: Could you then explain, in the simplest and most comprehensible of sentences, why you seem to be confusing ideas and why aren't you explaining yourself in-depth? Is it due to Real Life or...anything? Can you restate why OB deserves your vote?

NF:
On the Subject of ZombieUrist: I think he might be a jester. I find it difficult to believe that someone would make the post he's made and not want to be lynched or killed. He's even posted his HP for us to all see how many times we have to hit him to kill him. Also, with posts like this (primarily the "Oh no someone is going to kill me", he's practically begging to be killed and is expressing his total disregard for his own wellbeing. This strikes me as jestery without actually overplaying it (which kills the gambit for most jesters).

What leads me to believe that there can be jesters is the fact that occasionally in LoL you get people called "Feeders" who intentionally get themselves killed to troll their own team. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Dariush labeled someone as a "Feeder" AKA a jester-type role.

Dariush/Modman: Are Third-Parties a possibility?

If he answers with "Yes", my argument stands. If "No", then Zombie is just bad.
So of all the roles you believe ZU to be, Mafia scum isn't one of them? Why did you take ZU's HP claim point blank?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia! (1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED)
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2012, 02:22:14 am »

Two unvotes and one vote change, so no votecount for now.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2012, 02:26:03 am »

So of all the roles you believe ZU to be, Mafia scum isn't one of them? Why did you take ZU's HP claim point blank?

He's too bad to be Mafia scum the way I see it. He would normally have his buddy to guide him before he walks off the steep end like he did. I took the HP claim point blank because I don't see a reason for him to lie about it.

Jesters need to be lynched to win. Pfp.

Let's not forget that this is a non-traditional Mafia game. Normal rules may not apply. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that the Feeder-Varient of a Jester just needs to die, regardless of the method.

My head is pounding, no more tonight.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2012, 02:39:38 am »

OB:
1. Still a fallacy.
"I think something's a fallacy" means jack unless you can actually prove which fallacy it is and why it's scummy to commit said fallacy. My god, I actually have to explain this? It should be common sense.

2. I did. How should I interpret it?
You should- oh wait, I already explained this:
This is the most disgusting misinterpretation I have ever seen. Read the context you moron.
Toaster:That information's far too useful to the scum, to let them know who to target for kills. We shouldn't give scum the ability to know who will die when targeted and who won't just for the sake of transparency.
I was referring to this post.

3. An element of guessing changes the game significantly.
Zombie:
why would you claim your HP to stop the HP claim discussion, only to continue discussing it? Your reasons don't add up at all.

4. Thanks for not bothering to actually refute these arguments though.
Just admit it, you have no case and all you're doing is trying to distract me so that I'll back off.

Unless you'd like to summarize that case, as I've already asked you to.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2012, 09:10:01 am »

OB:  Fine.  Unvote for now, but I'm watching you.

Hapah:
ZU: You've attempted to derail a legitimate (I'd go so far as to call it necessary) discussion on game mechanics, claimed with near-certainty that Toaster and OB were the scumteam (even though Toaster was attacking OB right before you made that post?), made the oddball HP claim to try to stop the HP discussion entirely, and then keep poking OB with it. I can't tell if you're a Jester, a very preoccupied townie, or very not-subtle scum.

Two issues here:  Just because two players are attacking each other doesn't mean they're both scum, so don't discount his argument on that point.  Second, why are you sure enough to vote him if you can't tell what he is?  Two of your three possibilities would make him a bad lynch.

Actually, this brings up another thought.  I figure most of us have some sort of damage ability.  What if we try to use them as a second lynch?  If we agree ahead of time to damage someone, we should easily be able to kill them.

As an example, why doesn't anyone who was planning to use a damaging ability do so on ZU (taking care of him very well if he's a jester) and we lynch someone else today?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2012, 09:28:36 am »

He's too bad to be Mafia scum the way I see it. He would normally have his buddy to guide him before he walks off the steep end like he did. I took the HP claim point blank because I don't see a reason for him to lie about it.
Well, other than putting the question of him being scum, you suggest two other alternatives.

RiA, if so.

And if his buddy didn't do such, then I suspect ZU has a...counter-attack skill of some sort? Barbed shell and all that 'return-attack-when-attacked' thing? Anyway, if that was the case, then I now wonder why ZU is flailing around...

Also, Toaster, that seems like a pretty risky deal there. Where I see it, you ask those with an attacking ability to claim it, their target, and then switch-lynch.

Why do you want to see ZU not lynched this early?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2012, 09:35:18 am »

Toaster: Was there supposed to be a "not" in the first issue/point? It reads really weird otherwise.

brb restart
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2012, 09:49:54 am »

Hapah:
Toaster: Was there supposed to be a "not" in the first issue/point? It reads really weird otherwise.

Why yes, there was.  Derp.

Tiruin:
Also, Toaster, that seems like a pretty risky deal there. Where I see it, you ask those with an attacking ability to claim it, their target, and then switch-lynch.

Why do you want to see ZU not lynched this early?

I never said anyone should claim their abilities nor their use of it, and they indeed should not do so.  What I'm suggesting pretty much has to be informal, since enforcement short of a D1 massclaim (an idea I oppose) is pretty much imposssible.

I want ZU to die at night rather than hang because I think he's a jester.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2012, 10:35:02 am »

Lastly I haven't heard about jesters that need to be NK'd to win.
That would be a martyr.  At least, so I've heard it called here.  I think that's the right name.

With NativeForeigner's theory on "feeders", that sounds more like someone who would want to be killed at night rather than day.  At least, to me it does.  That way they "troll" thier team (town) by drawing attacks at night that could be directed at scum. 

PFP - Need to do some more rereading.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2012, 01:42:00 pm »

Unvote. Will get back into this later, but for now all I've got is that ZU is a waste of time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2012, 02:11:33 pm »

Toaster: Thought so. And sure, it doesn't confirm both of their innocence, but by the same token it doesn't make them both guilty. One of you and OB might be scum, maybe you're both scum, maybe you're both town! I don't know, but ZU led us to believe that he did know. His actions and claims are premature and reckless at best, Jester play at worst.

Concerning "Vigilante Voltron": It's an interesting idea, if a little ambitious. Concentrating fire would make scum work harder for the kills they want, as they couldn't just ding someone for 1 or 2 and finish them off. At the end of the day, though, people are still going to shoot at whoever they think is acting scummy unless they have a compelling reason to do otherwise. And NF is right, massing fire on one target has its own risks: a reflect damage or feedback mechanic seems possible (Rammus comes to mind, for those of you who play LoL). A ZU lynch has risks, a ZU NK has risks, leaving him be has risks! (And I feel like I should thank you, I was thinking about your posts last night while I was winding down for the night and I think I finally figured out how to play early D1).

Shake: I thought Martyrs could just take a level in big damn hero and take a bullet/lynch for someone else.

Meeting now, more later.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2012, 03:27:07 pm »

He's too bad to be Mafia scum the way I see it. He would normally have his buddy to guide him before he walks off the steep end like he did.
Hrm. This wine smells. Skill level has nothing to do with being mafia or not. Besides, there could be any number of reasons that Zombie's acting like he's brand new.
My Sig

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2012, 05:57:52 pm »

So I'm back in because I'm not in any other games anymore. And then I reread.

Hapah:
ZU: You've attempted to derail a legitimate (I'd go so far as to call it necessary) discussion on game mechanics, claimed with near-certainty that Toaster and OB were the scumteam (even though Toaster was attacking OB right before you made that post?), made the oddball HP claim to try to stop the HP discussion entirely, and then keep poking OB with it. I can't tell if you're a Jester, a very preoccupied townie, or very not-subtle scum.
You're voting him despite the bolded part?

More in the morning. I think NF has a post coming tonight? (I don't know where most of you play from/when you're typically on).
Why bring this up?

Toaster: Thought so. And sure, it doesn't confirm both of their innocence, but by the same token it doesn't make them both guilty. One of you and OB might be scum, maybe you're both scum, maybe you're both town! I don't know, but ZU led us to believe that he did know. His actions and claims are premature and reckless at best, Jester play at worst.
You're still not actually trying to determine his alignment.

Shake: I thought Martyrs could just take a level in big damn hero and take a bullet/lynch for someone else.
Maybe somewhere else, but on Bay12 they're third parties who win when they get NK'd.

Shakerag:
With NativeForeigner's theory on "feeders", that sounds more like someone who would want to be killed at night rather than day.  At least, to me it does.  That way they "troll" thier team (town) by drawing attacks at night that could be directed at scum.
They'd probably troll the scum team instead by drawing scum attacks that could be directed at town. I mean, if you were trying to die at night, wouldn't you try to antagonize the group that you know is trying to kill people at night?

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2012, 06:34:54 pm »

Imiknorris:
That last one didn't count because Book's face is a fuckface.
Am I missing something here? Did the extend go through or am I going to have to get violent with the mod?
Why aren't you paying attention? Book's not in the game.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24