Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: BYOLoLC - Requiem cast'd, everyone dies  (Read 72166 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia!
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2012, 11:48:11 pm »

And until your next post after this one, you have no vote on them, not pressuring them or anything but stating an opinion.
Ok.
Restate: What kind of scumhunting are you trying to pull?
The regular.
You firstly voted Toaster on an...unstable foundation and you aren't pushing those suspects of yours?
I'm now focusing on OB.
What did you hope to gain by claiming how much health points you have?
Nothing. I kinda wanted to prove that knowing the HP is absolutely useless.
Also...
Are you even trying to scumhunt, or to only answer questions and direct us to do the scumhunting for you? Also, you would be lying for no reason if the second and third question puts itself in view.
Or...you're getting attention for some reason.
Yes. Though if I didn't answer any questions you would all jump on me for that. I'm not lying.
Also notice that the theory discussion has died down.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:18 pm »

Zombie:
Good job. Now do you see why
Listing the precise damage needed to kill everyone helps the scumteam target their damage abilities.
Listing the precise damage everyone already took helps the scumteam target their damage abilities.
are different?
I've already said that one requires a little guess work. Why are we still discussing this? I thought you wanted to stop talking about the HP thing.
Speaking of which, why would you claim your HP to stop the HP claim theory discussion, only to continue discussing it? Your reasons don't add up at all.
So its different. Why didn't you say so otherwise? This is unrelated to whether or not you should claim.
I'm pretty sure I did. A while ago, actually. Right here:
The difference is that the plans are less accurate because they don't have the exact numbers. The result is essentially the same.

Also,
why would you claim your HP to stop the HP claim discussion, only to continue discussing it? Your reasons don't add up at all.
PPE:

I'm now focusing on OB.
Focusing...what, on me, exactly? You're not scumhunting or pressuring me, from what I can tell.

I kinda wanted to prove that knowing the HP is absolutely useless.
Spoiler: .GIF (click to show/hide)
You haven't done that at all. All you've done is given people a number of times they have to hit you until you die. At this point, I'm trying to figure out how someone managed to remove so much of your brain while leaving your ability to post behind.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2012, 12:02:26 am »

The difference is that the plans are less accurate because they don't have the exact numbers. The result is essentially the same.
No they are not.
Focusing...what, on me, exactly? You're not scumhunting or pressuring me, from what I can tell.
I do my best.  >:(
You haven't done that at all. All you've done is given people a number of times they have to hit you until you die. At this point, I'm trying to figure out how someone managed to remove so much of your brain while leaving your ability to post behind.
Oh no someone is going to kill me.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2012, 12:14:57 am »

I do my best.  >:(
Then could you surmise why Orangebottle and perhaps Toaster are scum, to you?

Oh no someone is going to kill me.
And I can't get how you concluded this one, again.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2012, 12:24:15 am »

Zombie:
why would you claim your HP to stop the HP claim discussion, only to continue discussing it? Your reasons don't add up at all.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2012, 12:26:18 am »

PotL:

-snip-
Hapah:
Your total amount of scumhunting today amounts to an entire wopping zero.  All you've done is answer and give RVS questions and throw around a couple of FoSs in the same post as an random vote.
I'd grant you that, though I did chat with OB. Why did you single me out when Tir and NF hadn't posted today?
Quote from: PotL

-snip-
If they're suspicious enough to warrant an FoS, then they're suspicious enough to warrant a vote, why did you use you vote for an RVS question, when you're apparently suspicious of two people?
The thing is, I'm not really sure about either of them anymore. I disagree with Orangebottle, sure, but I can see where he's coming from. ZU really just confuses me. I don't think he's scum, but something does seem off. Maybe Toaster's jester idea has merit?

PPE: Oh god three FOUR FIVE I GIVE UP COUNTING more posts! DAMN YOU TV! I'll read in the morning, I need to look at the BYOR.

ZU: So your case on OB/Toaster is gut, and you pulled that certainty number out of nowhere?

I'm still in for an Extend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2012, 03:03:11 am »

I would improve my hunting tactics and try to nail scum and build a case that causes everyone to vote for them and not me.
Gee, you make it sound so simple.  It's a wonder that anyone who's town gets lynched at LYLO with strategy like that floating around.

I never said it would be successful, but that's basically the only strategy you've got if you've messed up so much that you're about to be lynched. Eyes aren't going to leave you unless you uncover someone who turns out to be scummier than you. If scum's played well and covered their tracks, well, you're probably screwed.

Native: What about a shielding move? Why did that not factor into your decision at all?  Someone seems to have their scum mindset on.

Huh, guess I glossed over the shielding option. Even so, I would still pick the roleblock. I'd rather stop someone completely than risk my target (for the shield) taking more damage than they're protected from. Especially in the later days if I have a fair idea of who's scum. If I had a shield move, they could just target me instead. If I had a roleblock move, I could stop them completely

I'm unsure of what you mean by having my scum mindset on. Given the mechanics of the game, it's just as likely for scum to have any of those abilities as town, so accidentally excluding one (well, maybe if I excluded the kill, but even that's a stretch) doesn't really strike me as anything mentionable. I feel like I might be missing something. So if you think otherwise, could you please elaborate?

On the Subject of ZombieUrist: I think he might be a jester. I find it difficult to believe that someone would make the post he's made and not want to be lynched or killed. He's even posted his HP for us to all see how many times we have to hit him to kill him. Also, with posts like this (primarily the "Oh no someone is going to kill me", he's practically begging to be killed and is expressing his total disregard for his own wellbeing. This strikes me as jestery without actually overplaying it (which kills the gambit for most jesters).

What leads me to believe that there can be jesters is the fact that occasionally in LoL you get people called "Feeders" who intentionally get themselves killed to troll their own team. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Dariush labeled someone as a "Feeder" AKA a jester-type role.

Dariush/Modman: Are Third-Parties a possibility?

If he answers with "Yes", my argument stands. If "No", then Zombie is just bad.

Extend.

Ten hour workdays and a cold have not been kind to me. I caught up as best I could tonight and will make another go at it tomorrow around the same time.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2012, 03:04:05 am »

Extend

Just hoping this net connection would hold up...

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2012, 03:37:55 am »

Dariush:  At one point you said there would be a guaranteed third party.  Is this still the case?
There is no guaranteed third party. Neither is there guaranteed lack of it. :P

Votecount:
NativeForeigner - Phantom of the Library, ;
Toaster - Shakerag, ;
Hapah - ;
Orangebottle - Toaster, zombie urist, ;
IronyOwl - ;
Tiruin - ;
Shakerag - Hapah, ;
Phantom of the Library - ;
Urist Imiknorris - ;
zombie urist - IronyOwl, Orangebottle, Tiruin, Urist Imiknorris, ;

Not voting: NativeForeigner, ;
LurkerTracker link

Day ends roughly nine hours from this post. You need five votes to extend (two more).

Also, to prevent fuck-ups on my part, if you have a vote-related power that should proc today, I would appreciate it if you PMd me closer to day end. I doubt I'll miss anything, but it's still better to be safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:56:42 am by Dariush »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2012, 05:36:02 am »

Extend.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2012, 06:36:10 am »

Extend.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2012, 06:56:55 am »

That last one didn't count because Book's face is a fuckface.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC (signups) [9,5/INFINITYYYYYYYY]
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2012, 07:38:06 am »

Thanks for punching me in the face.
Yeah, I was being mischievous. I'll shut up now. But come on, nine hours warning for D1 day end? Give the guys a break! Let them have at least a 12 hours mod extend if nothing else, what with timezones and all...
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2012, 07:51:07 am »

If I give a 12-hour extend, I'll have to end the day right after I wake up, which means no warnings at all, and it is going to be night everywhere else. Besides, there're already four extension requests.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2012, 08:17:03 am »

That last one didn't count because Book's face is a fuckface.
Am I missing something here? Did the extend go through or am I going to have to get violent with the mod?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24