Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42776 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 36
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2012, 01:17:22 pm »

Which chapter?  All of them, of course!

What's the approximate distances for very short/short/medium/long?

Read chapters 2 and 4.  (If one chapter is one action, just 2.  Also, it'll take me a while to read this whole thing.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2012, 02:03:22 pm »

Read chapters 2 and 4.  (If one chapter is one action, just 2.  Also, it'll take me a while to read this whole thing.)

((A chapter is one action.  And the distances are this:

Very close: within arms reach

Close: Within 20 feet

Meduim: Within 60 feet

Long: 60 feet and up

These are for combat spells, of course.  Your portals have a far different range specturm))

Turn'll be up in a bit.  I'm mildly addicted to Dark Souls right now, and the Four Kings are pissing me right the hell off.  So I apologize if the turn doesn't come till later in the evening.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2012, 02:20:33 pm »

Thanks for the clarification.

Fair enough- one chapter's fine.  I'll read the interesting bits now (Chapter four being the most intersting, but I'll go in order mostly) and the rest after next mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2012, 06:45:47 pm »

And so I am back from my Weeks holiday! Thank you baradine for taking care of my character, and stuffs.

Scout around for anyone who would know any more about magical creatures, failing that the town library. Failing that, just stay with Nirathi
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2012, 04:36:27 am »

Turn will be up tomorrow evening.  My quick typing has pressed some sort of key combination, and it deleted everything single thing I wrote.  Given that the turn was fairly long, I am too tired and too angry to write anything else.  I apologize for the delay.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 37, Fine Reading Material
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2012, 03:08:58 pm »

Turn 37

Everything got deleted, again.  I fortunately managed to save quite a bit this time, but I'm a tad frustrated.

On another note, as some may have noticed, I changed DC to DR during some of the combat rolls.  I did this unintentionally, but I'm going to keep it anyways.  It doesn't stand for anything, but I like the way it sounds better.  I'll get around to changing all the stats and spells later.

((Just how valuable is this return teleport, should I to need to use it before completing the mission?))

Get directions to other nearby settlements, or, preferably, a map from the city hall.
And so I am back from my Weeks holiday! Thank you baradine for taking care of my character, and stuffs.

Scout around for anyone who would know any more about magical creatures, failing that the town library. Failing that, just stay with Nirathi

| You manage to find a map in the town hall.  There are only three settlements in the entirety of Ggryymirr, including the one you are in.  The "capital" of Ggryymirr, Son Ggyyr, is on the other side of the country.  However, there is another town, Deltin, which is less than a day's journey away.

| You find a library in this town, but it is rather small and unkempt, so you don't know if you can find too much info here.

Inspect my room.

It is completely devoid of anything except for necessities.

So there's a bed.

Attempt to increase my speed. Check if I still have my giant crow.

The crow will stay summoned until it "dies" or you dismiss it.  That is how most summons work.

((Please try to be more specific than this.  Do you want a spell, do you want to increase your physical attributes, do you want a better dodging skill?  I'll do a spell, since that's what I think you meant, but more vagueness will just be autofail))

|  You manage to boost your reaction time, along with becoming generally faster.  However, the boost isn't very significant, and it is very temporary, only lasting for fifteen seconds or so.

You gain the spell Reaction Boost!  It is a level 0 spell that let's you retake a single 1 roll, once per turn.  The effects last one turn (the turn after you cast).  You gain +4 to Reaction Boost!  You gain +2 to Volo Plagiarius!

Time for some calming down.

Summon Ricky.  Then, go to the library and search for some books on summoning and enhancing demons.

"Not a soul alive, huh?  Come on Ricky, let's see what we can dig up."
((Jesus, I didn't want to write this again.  But I did.))

| You manage to find a book called "The Beings of Litra".  It is a rather short book, but it has a very interesting passage:

"All demons, no matter how weak, have something called a "Soul".  This Soul is the source of their power, just like how a mage uses his bodily energy to cast a spell.  However, unlike a normal mortal body, the Soul has infinite potential for growth.  This means that any race of demon, no matter how weak their soul starts off as, can become incredibly powerful.  This has created a balance of sorts within the demonic side of Litra, with all 57 races having an Elder that is extremely powerful.  Even the Drakes, the mighty destroyers of Ggryymirr, fall in line in face of the Elders power.

For devils, however, this is not the case.  Devils have something similar to a Soul, called a "Core".  The Core of the devil can be increased in the same way that a Soul can, but the Core does not have infinite potential for growth.  This knowledge has come from studying the Core of several devils, because there have been no known devils to reach the plateau of their growth.  This means that all the races of devils also have leaders you are very powerful.  However, this does not mean that there is a balance.  The ruling class of the devils, named the Vade, are far more intelligent than their brethren, and have manipulated and fought their way to the top, their excellent strategic skills giving them the boost they need.

Now, onto the purpose of this book.  How an inhabitant of Litra may increase the power of their Soul or Core.  There are three known methods.  First, is the method employed by most demons, the destruction of another living thing, including those of it's on race.  This is the most effective way to increase a soul, but also the most dangerous.  Secondly, the method commonly used by devils, the complete and utter defeat of another.  Although this does not provide as much power as the first method, devils prefer it because it is less "barbaric".  Lastly, is to impart power unto the demon, a method commonly used by the summoners of Litral beings.  This is most commonly achieved by putting more magic power into the summoning."

As Kira finished her statement, a simple wave of awe came over all men nearby - the benevolent kind. Guilt flooded their expressions and...

Well, it was hard to describe how ashamed they were of trying to hurt a girl with a shield and white cloak.

"Does anyone know where the nearest road to Darius is? And...why were you all demanding money from one person, by the way?

"Is there any issue on why you're all here instead of tending to the crops or doing what you'd probably be doing?"

Ask ask ask ask ask!

| They all run off, guilty of the terrible sins they have committed.

You start reading chapter 2, Arcane Defense.  Although much of it is covered by filler and theory you already knew, there are some fairly interesting parts.

"Arcane Defense is often called the Universal Defense.  This is because it has no weaknesses, although it is not overly effective against any one type.  It is generally best to use an arcane sheild when dealing with an unfamiliar magic.

There is a supposed downside though.  Arcane energy does not provide any type of counter damage, unlike other shields.  However, this can still be useful, as it will not damage important cargo or persons.

There are some spells as well.

((As a reminder, you do not need a spell to cast a basic shield.  These are for more powerful shields.  Casting a basic shield, unlike casting a spell shield, does not cost stamina though.  Stamina is something I haven't quite worked out, but it is based on endurance.  Just remember you can't go around casting spells all wily nily.

If you would like me to start putting up the DR for basic shields, I can do that too))

Weak Arcane Armor: Creates a coating of arcane energy around you.  It defends against all attacks, but sufficient kinetic force will still send you flying.  The armor might just take care of that anyways, though.  Autoblocks up to DR 1.  A level 2 spell.

((There are more spells, but everything got deleted again, though I managed to save most of it.  Except for the spells.  I'll put the rest of them up later, just remember to check.))

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  In a town located somewhere in Ggryymirr.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.   In a town located somewhere in Ggryymirr.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  She's somewhere, that's for sure.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Excavator of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, inside the Archaeological Guild.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.  A Healing, Slightly Mangled Right Hand

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:48:12 am by Baradine »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2012, 03:23:38 pm »

See if there are any available missions.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2012, 03:31:16 pm »

"Hey, this says even you have a soul capable of being strengthened, Ricky!  I guess the best way seems to be through conflict.  How inconvenient."

Get a new mission.

((I would like to thank you for having the patience to type all that out again after you lost it.  It is much appreciated.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2012, 03:35:17 pm »

So with the spells, it'd just be a "Learn SPELLNAME from book" to learn it?  Noted.

Read chapter four!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2012, 04:13:53 pm »

Find Ochita. Try to convince him to spend the day walking to the closer town, since this one doesn't seem to get attacked often enough to make waiting worth it. If he agrees, venture forth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2012, 09:46:57 pm »

"I just hope I did something right..."

Kira scanned the surroundings - nothing but dirt, grass and the natural smell of fresh country air. Perhaps Djork wanted her to take a scenic quest instead of the grueling deathtraps seen in the dungeons?

Proceed up yonder road. Take my Bearings to ascertain my direction!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:24 am »

Agree with Nirur, on the way keep my eyes peeled for anything that may encounter us.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2012, 12:07:57 pm »

Fly near destination on giant crow, then walk the rest of the way to the bandit camp, hoping not to be obviously seen in the sky.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2012, 08:47:12 am »

Once you finish that mission you can go drinking with your bird...

... at the crow bar.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2012, 09:32:48 am »

Once you finish that mission you can go drinking with your bird...

... at the crow bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uW47jWLMiY
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21