Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42746 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 39, Two Sides of the Same Coin
« Reply #270 on: August 15, 2012, 08:09:03 pm »

See if I can find someplace to pawn off my loot, and maybe shop around a little.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 15, 2012, 08:13:14 pm »

I guess I spend the next two turns preparing to get spell lists, then.

Read 5 and 6
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 15, 2012, 08:14:17 pm »

Read 5 and 6

Nope.  I think Five has some info.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 15, 2012, 08:15:11 pm »

"This currency is weird. What kind of ruler puts...the face instead of the state?!"

Head north, be grumpy.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 15, 2012, 08:46:26 pm »

"Sounds like the dragon is here. Just remember to treat it as being one step below a god and we should be fine."

I shall go meet the dragon, bow respectfully before it (Out of its path!), and wait for it to acknowledge us(me) before looking up. If it ignores us(me), I'll call out to it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 15, 2012, 08:55:51 pm »

"Dont you mean a step above a god? Anyway, I really hope that this goes well."

Bow along with Nirathi, and generally be very respectful
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 15, 2012, 11:32:20 pm »

Find a training area.  Once there, unsummon (banish?) Ricky, then summon him again, this time trying to put more power into the spell.  Ricky will eventually be capable of combat!  Probably more capable than myself, really.

"Praying for good fortunes probably wouldn't be appropriate, now would it?"

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Misfortune Strikes
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2012, 03:02:33 am »

Hey, guys, I'm sorry about this.  I am going to be moving to my dorm in college, and I believe internet access will be few and far between.  I may be able to get on every day, but if I can't I want to put this warning out, and ask for a favor.  I may be able to get a turn in before tomorrow (When I move), but I doubt it.

Anyways, on to the favor.  Tiruin, Irony Owl, you're both in the games I'm in (Excluding RTZ).  Those games being Einsteinian Roulette, Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams, and Roll to explore.  I know I'm asking for a bit, but could you guys take care of my character?  It's not really that big of a deal if you don't, as I'll be PMing the GM about it anyways.  However, if you guys do generously accept my favor, all I ask is that you just have me attack with my spells, for the last two.  For Einsteinian Roulette, if a new mission comes up, could you try and enroll me in that?  Again, this is just a favor so as to make it easier on the GM's.

Important Note: Roll to be a Mage is not being discontinued.  I'm merely giving a warning that my internet access may be sparse for at the most two weeks.  Hell, I may even be able to get regular internet tomorrow.  Anyways, I thank you kindly for your patience.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2012, 03:56:04 am »

Good luck with your stuff, and yeah, I'll help your characters not die so much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2012, 07:29:54 am »

Help...with your character?

SURE! :D

Also, Roll to be a Mage is fun, to note.  :P Perhaps I'd copy this note you made in a year or so when I'm nocturnally busy.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 40 - Once More, With Feeling
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2012, 03:47:12 pm »

Turn 40

Well, here we go again.  Nirur Torir hasn't replied to my PM yet, but everyone else has, so let's get this show on the road.  If Nirur doesn't reply, you're in charge of his character, Ochita.  If he hasn't replied by the end of your mission, he'll be booted, and the person next in the waitlist will join.

Anyways, this game'll last till January 28th, so let's go!

Zerus frowned a little. Erm, that was a little excessive.

Well, nothing to be done about it now.

Search bandits and camp for loot. Attempt to use Voice Magic to sing a beautiful dirge.

| Well, it isn't quite beautiful, nor a dirge, but you manage to sing a rather slow song.  The power of your voice compels the wildlife to come and watch you, enraptured.

Seeing there is no danger around you, you begin poking at the bandit camp.  |  You manage to find 30 gold pieces and two -Iron Longswords-.  However, you also manage to find that last of the three bandits, has woken up. |  The man tosses his gold and long sword to the ground, and runs off screaming.  You have now found 45 pieces of gold, and three -Iron Longswords-.

Zerus has learned Vox vocis Vox, Voice Magic!  Zerus has learned the spell Charm Lesser Being, a level 0 Vox vocis Vox spell.  It allows the caster to dominate critters such as rabbits and mice on demand.  Zerus has gained 5 exp to Charm Lesser Being, 4 exp to Vox vocis Vox, 2 exp to Somes quod Animus and 1 exp to Body.

See if I can find someplace to pawn off my loot, and maybe shop around a little.

You manage to find a pawn shop.  You'll get much less than the optimal price for your loot here, but at least it's all in one place.

Read 5 and 6

Whilst this is not particularly a spell book, and more of a manual, it does have a small list of weaker spells, rather perfect for you, really.

As per before, you'll gain the spell list when you've finished the book.

"This currency is weird. What kind of ruler puts...the face instead of the state?!"

Head north, be grumpy.

| Your grumpy mood makes some people mad, but not enough to hurt you, and one kind fellow upon the road shows you the direction towards Darius, and you arrive there rather quickly.

What now?

"Sounds like the dragon is here. Just remember to treat it as being one step below a god and we should be fine."

I shall go meet the dragon, bow respectfully before it (Out of its path!), and wait for it to acknowledge us(me) before looking up. If it ignores us(me), I'll call out to it.
"Dont you mean a step above a god? Anyway, I really hope that this goes well."

Bow along with Nirathi, and generally be very respectful

| You manage to find the dragon, landing in the middle of the city.  The second you find it, you both drop to the ground, and bow before it.  Knowing it is impolite to speak first, you wait.  Staying on your hands and knees for two hours | is nothing for you two, and finally, the dragon speaks.

"Out with it.  I do not have all day."

Find a training area.  Once there, unsummon (banish?) Ricky, then summon him again, this time trying to put more power into the spell.  Ricky will eventually be capable of combat!  Probably more capable than myself, really.

"Praying for good fortunes probably wouldn't be appropriate, now would it?"

| You banish Ricky, and then summon him again with as much power as you think is safe.  You still don't think it's ready for combat, but it does have some visible legs now (three on each side), instead of simply being a ball of fluff, so it's a start.

You gain 6 exp to Summon Ricky.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Adult Force Dragon: He's staring at Ochita and Nirathi with a bored expression.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  In a town located somewhere in Ggryymirr.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.   In a town located somewhere in Ggryymirr.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  She's somewhere, that's for sure.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Excavator of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, inside the Archaeological Guild.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild.  Also inside the Mage's guild.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:55:08 pm by Baradine »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2012, 04:35:52 pm »

Sell the longsword, dagger, and both leather armors; afterwards look for a book shop.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2012, 09:49:31 pm »

Read chapter 7 and 8!

I forget... after this turn, how many turns do I have left before I must go on a mission?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2012, 09:55:54 pm »

Read chapter 7 and 8!

I forget... after this turn, how many turns do I have left before I must go on a mission?

Well it was every fifteen turns, starting at turn 35, so you have ten turns left.  Specifically, turn 50 is when you have to go get a mission (You just have to go get one, you don't have to be on one by that point).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2012, 10:01:16 pm »

((Just a reminder, I take absolutely no responsibility for the armageddon drake currently thinking about eating Nirur and Ochita. :P))

Return on my giant flying crow to inform the guild that the bandits have been taken care of. Use Voice Magic to sing a cheerful magic tune on my way.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21