Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42918 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 26 - O, Pinky, Where Art Thou?
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2012, 11:20:05 pm »

No skill gain from a 7?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2012, 11:24:17 pm »

Also, now all I need is a diamond the size of a fist.  I'll get that deeper description up- you want appearance, background, or both?

Search for the pinky, then head back around to the back of the warehouse.  Explain plan (below) as we go.

"Here's the plan- if we go back around to the back of the warehouse, I can get us inside with magic.  It'll be nice and quiet, though I can't guarantee we'll end up in an empty room.  Once we're in, we'll find Becker and deal with him.  Any thoughts?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2012, 11:47:16 pm »

No skill gain from a 7?

Don't so easily find my mistakes!

I'll update it now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2012, 11:50:52 pm »

If it makes you feel better, I first thought your "player" comment was a fourth-wall breaker.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2012, 12:19:36 am »

It doesn't... I was trying to be funny!   ;D

I'm a failure as a GM....   :'(

Also, now all I need is a diamond the size of a fist.  I'll get that deeper description up- you want appearance, background, or both?

Both would be great, but appearance is really the thing I want if both would be too much of a hassle.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:25:43 am by Baradine »

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2012, 01:15:06 am »

"Sorry that I failed so utterly.  I'll do better next time, really!"

First off, I Summon my Fuzzy Demon, Ricky.  I can't be going around without my "exotic pet", now can I? Then, ask around to see if anyone knows who that drunkard is.

Spoiler: Character Detail (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:16:40 am by Morelli »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2012, 01:27:10 am »

Find quartermaster, explain that I'm his new assistant!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2012, 02:41:36 am »

Surprise came across Kira's face as she found herself staring face to face at her kinfolk. She decided that the best way to settle this, was to speak as fast as she could and to explain the situation.

And to also manifest a wind shield around her that would deflect the arrow, if fired.

"Please don't shoot! I'm not trespassing in anyway, uh, I mean trying to trespass...

"Can't we talk first?"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2012, 06:47:41 am »

Go back to the library and find a book on the easier to cast enchantments. Preferably defensive.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2012, 07:17:00 am »

Practice casting minor water animus, with a focus on trying to get it to be more intelligent.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 27
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2012, 02:29:00 pm »

Turn 27

Search for the pinky, then head back around to the back of the warehouse.  Explain plan (below) as we go.

"Here's the plan- if we go back around to the back of the warehouse, I can get us inside with magic.  It'll be nice and quiet, though I can't guarantee we'll end up in an empty room.  Once we're in, we'll find Becker and deal with him.  Any thoughts?"

|  It takes a bit of time, but you find your pinky.  It seems like it's a bit shorter than before, but hey, it's intact!

Anyways, you explain your plan to Janna, and she doesn't seem to have a problem with it.  |  You sneak around to an unguarded back section of the warehouse.  |  You  summon your portal perfectly, it only taking a minute.  |  Unfortunately, the best room you can find within your radius has three thugs inside.

You gain +3 to Very Short Range Minor Portal!  You gain +2 to Regnum Prodigium!  You gain +1 to Manipulate Portal!  You have mastered Very Short Range Minor Portal!  It can be used in combat, taking two turns to cast (1st turn, declare spell, 2nd turn spell activates)!

((As a side note, when I say mastered, I don't really mean mastered.  You can further improve the spell, but you have to specifically focus on an area to improve for it to gain experience.  You gain a new tag (effect) for that skill every ten exp.  One could, theoretically take a level 0 spell up to over 100 exp, and that would make it equivalent to a level 8 spell or so.  There is no cap in experience, it simply gets harder for you to gain experience for that spell.  However, there is a downside.  When you train a spell that has 10 exp or above, you gain no experience for the magic skill.))

"Sorry that I failed so utterly.  I'll do better next time, really!"

First off, I Summon my Fuzzy Demon, Ricky.  I can't be going around without my "exotic pet", now can I? Then, ask around to see if anyone knows who that drunkard is.

Spoiler: Character Detail (click to show/hide)

|  You summon Ricky, and it quickly perches on your shoulder.  Afterwards, you go information digging.

| You find a wealth of info in the bartender.

"Yeah, that's Udyr.  He lives in the village two minutes from here.  You couldn't miss his house, it's the silly pink one.  You should be careful, though!  He really is a member of the Reds.  Those guys aren't ordinary bandits."

You gain +3 to Summon Fuzzy Demon!  You gain +2 to Everto Voco!  You have mastered Summon Fuzzy Demon Ricky!  You no longer need a roll to summon him.  He's still useless in combat though.

Find quartermaster, explain that I'm his new assistant!

You quickly find him.  He's a short, old man, who looks at you in disdain.

"Hmph.  There are some ruffians who rented some materials, but they haven't returned it yet, although it's far past the due date.  Go and find Hanmal Lis, and get my stuff back!"

Surprise came across Kira's face as she found herself staring face to face at her kinfolk. She decided that the best way to settle this, was to speak as fast as she could and to explain the situation.

And to also manifest a wind shield around her that would deflect the arrow, if fired.

"Please don't shoot! I'm not trespassing in anyway, uh, I mean trying to trespass...

"Can't we talk first?"

|  The elf listens to your plea, and lowers his bow.

"Speak.  Tell me why you trespass in the Gladed Forests."

Go back to the library and find a book on the easier to cast enchantments. Preferably defensive.

Given that you have a book on it, you just read your own.  The only ones that don't take any preparation are the temporary ones.  These are all the defensive enchants you can find:

Repel Arrows

Repel Weapons

Elemental Shield

Repel Darkness

Repel Light

They are all level 1 except for Repel Weapons, which is level 0.

Practice casting minor water animus, with a focus on trying to get it to be more intelligent.

|  You practice your spell, and it responds to your orders a bit better.  You still have a ways to go before you could call it sentient, though.

You gain +2 to Minor Water Animus!

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Janna: She's looking at you in a bit of awe, but it's fairly well concealed.  No doubt she's never seen a portal before.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  She's somewhere, that's for sure.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside a warehouse identified as the main base of Becker.  Who is totally not James.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside a in the process of getting wrecked inn.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2012, 02:42:44 pm »

((Oops, I thought my book only had ritual enchantments. Hurray!))

Cast repel arrows on my armor, then track down Ochita.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2012, 04:43:21 pm »

"Let's do this."

Enter portal, and Arcane Pulse the closest thug and Weak Push the next closest one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2012, 05:00:39 pm »

Try to find a safe place to practice magic.

Then attempt to summon a helpful imp. It worked so well last time!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:54:08 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2012, 05:06:21 pm »

Try to find a safe place to practice magic.

Then attempt to summon a helpful imp. It worked so well last time!

Since you actually have skill in a different type of summoning magic, why don't you try that instead? (Like, summon a raccoon or something)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21