Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Dwarven Race IV Dwarven Race IV Turn 8: Ramming speed?  (Read 19361 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Race IV Turn 5: Chip damage
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:37 pm »

Driving Focus
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2012, 07:09:14 am »

Driving Focus
And try to scare the boars into moving faster.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2012, 08:00:25 pm »

Driving focus: the racing equivalent of a martial trance. You forfeit your action and your henchdwarf orders to gain perfect reflexes and superdwarven skill. This allows you to avoid more or less anything which is possible to avoid.

Just sayin'...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2012, 08:36:24 am »

Danm int. . . . . . . Then just focus on driving.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2012, 11:44:22 am »

Antlion doesn't seem to come online often.... Not sure how to handle this really. Should I do ai control if they don't come online soon?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2012, 12:25:54 pm »

Antlion doesn't seem to come online often.... Not sure how to handle this really. Should I do ai control if they don't come online soon?
Yep, I say auto them without hesitation. There are enough hindrances in the GM's work already; no need to delay things further by waiting for an offline player.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2012, 01:31:05 pm »

I'll probably only be on once every 24 hours now. Maybe twice, I don't know. But I should post every day, at the very least. Go ahead and auto me if I'm a day late or something.

Remember, my cart (And Dwarf Driver's!) personality is brutal, cunning, and completely devoted to Armok. Just in-case you do have to auto-me.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2012, 05:11:25 pm »

Sorry about the sporadic online/offline thing i had going on. I had to use a laptop for online use and it sucked. I now have my desktop set up so no more problems should arise. that said

Driving trance go!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Race IV Turn 6: Bridge-a-pult!
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2012, 10:49:38 pm »

antlion: Driving Trance Go!
You and your henchdwarves get out and push. You make mild progress. +1 tile 4 new kittens are born.

zomara: Driving Focus
Your boars steadily go onward through the blizzard. +1 tile. No new cats.

wolfchild: Driving Focus
+2 tiles You speed towards the bridge, and make it on, but the bridge raises for some reason, sending your vehicle careening into the air! Your vehicle lands wheels up, and suffers massing blunt damage. You and your crew barely secure yourselves on some handholds, but still suffer some slight bone damage. On the bright side, you passed the finish line. +1 tile. Fortunately for the next racers, the bridge is re-lowered.

HmH: Driving Focus
You safely navigate the zombies. +1 tile. Your henchdwarf takes this time to shoot the Ballsy Ride. The rock bounces hardlessly off the wheels

Tiruin: MARTIAL TRANCE!Eagles will glide as far as they can until the 8th tile. Order the Eagles into the stone chassis. From our point, drop on the undead horde!
+1 tile. You smash into the horde and keep going until you reach a safe are outside the horde. The eagles get inside.

Caerwyn: Offer a prayer to Armok, and promise to SACRIFICE A HENCHMAN TO HIM if he gives my boars the SPEED OF TITANS. Also, just drive normally, since my rage has worn off.
Armok seems to be busy right now, as you get no response. +1 tile.

Announcer: And this races winner is, INSANITY INCLUDED! Your prize will be given once the race is complete.

Evil Glacier:
(S)[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10](E)
Player locations:
Start: Nobody
1: Nobody
2: Nobody
3: Nobody
4: Nobody
5: antlion
6: zomara
7: Caerwyn
8: Tiruin(on ground), HmH
9:
10:
End: wolfchild
Special tiles:
1: There is a pile of money on the ground. -1 to cornering if you want to try and grab some of it, and more penalties for each person who tries.
2: You can see a herd of skeletal elk moving around.
3: Nothing out of the ordinary. Just an empty stretch of land.
4: Covered in ice. Looks slippery.
5: A heavy blizzard is covering this area. It is difficult to see. -1 to ranged attacks, -1 to cornering, and -1 to speed for animals not inside.
6: A heavy blizzard is covering this area. It is difficult to see. -1 to ranged attacks, -1 to cornering, and -1 to speed for animals not inside.
7: More blank land.
8: There is a shambling horde of zombie livestock here. It'll be difficult to get through without clearing a path manually.
9: Other than a small shack, rather empty.
10: A bridge is lowered here, leading into a makeshift fortress. Getting pushed off the bridge(or falling off otherwise) means taking some time to right yourself, and get back into position to try again.

Statuses after turn 6:

Spoiler: zomara0292 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: antlion12 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Persons Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:15:09 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Race IV Dwarven Race IV Turn 6: Bridge-a-pult!
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2012, 12:05:25 am »

HmH: Driving Focus
Your eagles land the vehicle, and safely navigate the zombies. +1 tile. Your henchdwarf takes this time to shoot the Ballsy Ride. The rock bounces hardlessly off the wheels
((My cart is powered by the mighty Cat-Hive, not by some puny eagles.
Speaking of which, a few days ago I have updated my previous post with a question about whether unharnessed Giant Eagles can move faster than a cart. It is yet to be answered, I believe.))

Bomrek couldn't help but admire the way Ardul Irith's eagles were carving their way through the undead. A twinge of regret struck his heart when he saw the bravery of the dwarf he shot down so carelessly... ah, what the hell, it could still be fixed.

"Hey, Ardul, I've changed my mind about letting you lose! Grab the rope, you ballsy son of a bitch! I'll tow you to the third place!"
Order Etur to tie one end of the Terrible Lasso securely onto our cart. Throw Tiruin the other end of the Lasso. As soon as Tiruin catches it, switch to agressive driving.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:08:33 am by HmH »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2012, 12:14:39 am »

Oh, my bad. I'll fix that. Not much will change though because they were speed 3 at the time, and didn't get the extra tile by chance(I rolled). I gotta update at times when I'm more conscious. Your chances of successfully using the rope aren't very good, but still. Also, yes, I suppose eagles can do that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:36:30 pm by Person »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2012, 12:16:28 am »

Ardul heard his kin say the magical words, he wouldn't betray him at all, and the gesture was muchly appreciated - after his only mode of transportation was grievously wounded.

"Great plan, lad!

"Bardul, help the good dwarf!"

Accept his offer, while barreling through the undead horde! Both will tie the lasso to our end of the cart - the one received.

Then we shall drive to aid Bomrek!

((That airliner was my idea! XD))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2012, 01:26:56 am »

IF i can while waiting

repair vehicle
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2012, 07:34:22 am »

Promise the bird all my cats if it can get me second place!
Also, drive with speed on my mind.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:01 pm »

Feed my boars the remaining biscuits, so as to help 'em fight off any zombies if I land near them. Then, initiate Aggressive Driving!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8