Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Gotterdammerung  (Read 30739 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Ch.2: A moment of Silence
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2012, 04:11:34 am »

((Jim had a family! D:

Also, nice work on the details on my pack.  :P))

Eri nodded at Renard's comment, satisfied that her training didn't let her down - especially with the aged equipment she was using. At least the needle was sterilized so as to prevent tetanus.

But wait...wasn't this the time for introductions?

She had forgotten to tell them her name, again!

Wait...was that Ashley? And...her range pack with her?

Eri stood up and moved over to her. "Hiya Ashley, um, nice...weather we're having."

Great, not the best introduction. Straighten up.
No, segue! Move on to a better topic.

"Aaaand by that, I mean thank you. For finding my bag, and other things for our shelter."
Smooth...

She picked up her pack, checking the contents as she did so. And as she did so, she spotted faint silhouettes peeking from the jungle edge.

Post-Epilogue

"We seem stranded on an island with only what we've brought, and a few more piles of baggage and kits. All we have is all we have."

She looked at the rest from her position - sitting right next to a shady palm tree. "Does anyone have flares or such? We could use them to start a fire, better than trying to give off our location in this stormy weather.

"And...does anyone know how to fish? I only know a few plants that grow along the Malaysian coastline that are edible, but the problem is, where exactly are we?"

Check that compass.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:18:45 am by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2012, 04:38:48 am »

"I have a flare gun, but only one flare for it. I think we'd better save it incase a plane fly's by or something."

Ashley rubbed her forehead for a bit before continuing.

"Well, I'd rather not stay out here in the storm for much longer, I say we should find proper shelter. We could head back to the nose of the plane and use that as some kind of shelter, or we could head down the beach to a shack I saw when we were going down, but it's pretty far from here I'd say. Maybe the nose of the plane is the best bet for shelter for now? I also saw a road by some cliffs that probably leads somewhere, so we can find that tomorrow or something..."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2012, 04:45:02 am »

((Question: Who's that "Author" fellow? o.o))

Mica sneaks up to behind Wesley and says in his ear, "You better now?"

The desired effect was Wesley jumping as he is startled.

The sneaking-upon was done after Wesley is done with his wounds.

(If needed, Move Silently +8 :P)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:57:26 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2012, 04:49:36 am »

((Judging from the books in his trunk, I'd say it would be James, the NPC.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2012, 07:38:22 am »

Take 20 on Spot.

Search the nearby vicinity for any roads or any signs of civilization//natural shelter or structures, possibly sources of growing food and such. ((Am I doing it right?))

Eri's ears perked up at the mention of roads and houses nearby. She was really excited on the event of a search and find plan, especially in a storm like this with all the debris around.

It was just like childhood once more, but with the wounds, pain, sadness, gloom and chance of death being oh so real.

"I could volunteer to search for those areas, or perhaps any places for edible food."
She brushed off another water drop on her forehead before moving off near the forested area.
"I mean, anyone would've heard a mayday signal from our pilot. He did make one, right?

"Oh, and I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Eri Arloest."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:24:19 pm by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2012, 11:22:25 am »

"Ashley. And don't bother looking for roads. The only one that I could see before we crashed was the one by the cliffs, and that was some distance away from the beach. It had guardrails, so it must be at least well traveled, so we could catch a ride there hopefully."

Ashley stretched her back and pulled her windbreaker closer.

"What I'd do to get out of this weather..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2012, 12:00:29 pm »

Ashley compares her bags. The survival pack actually can't carry alot of weight without losing it's sealed bouyancy...she'll have to carry both, or only the lightest things.

Eri looks at her compass. The needle is spinning around in aimless circles at high speed. That's very...odd...she looks into the distance, but the storm and nightfall are too heavy to see anything but jungle.

Mica sneaks up behind Wesley.

[Mica Sneak 14+8=22 Vs Wes Spot 11+3=14]

The Doc is lost in thought, and taken completely by surprise.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:02:59 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2012, 12:01:19 pm »

Wesley jerked foreward a bit from shock, he grabbed his side and groaned a bit, "Yeah I am, or I was ugh.."
He looked up at the young woman, she looked somewhat familiar, but he was never good with faces.  "I'm uh.. I'm Wesley by the way."  He offered his non-side grabbing hand to shake.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2012, 05:42:28 pm »

"If you go scouting I'll come along, I need something to distract me." Renard said as he entered the makeshift shelter, he spotted the locked case on the ground and quickly picked it up. Taking it he said, "I'll be right back, I have ... something to do." with that he left the shelter and headed off a little ways before sitting down in the shade of a tree. He quickly turns the dials, and with a slight click the case pops open, and reveals a few things inside. An ID, a cellphone, a laptop with an internet card, and a few other things, nothing much but it was pretty much the entirety of his belongings in this one small case. With that he closed the case back, and sat back against the tree with a sigh as he thought, 'Not sure if its a good, or a bad thing this survived the crash, it'll weigh me down a bit and that computer has somethings people would leap at the chance to get.'

With that done he returned to the shelter, and spoke up "I think my laptop still works if we can get it an internet signal I can call in a favor and get us out of here within a week at the most. Did anyone see anything before we crashed that could help, or are we going to need to jury rig something up to boost the signal?"

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2012, 08:38:19 pm »

Travis was pacing nervously. He didn't like this, didn't like it one bit. It was one thing to experience a plane crash in North america, but out here, it could be far worse.

"We can't stay here, we've got limited supplies and I for one, am no extreme survival nut. I do my hunting and gathering at a local supermarket. Better we strike out now, and try to get back to civilization, while we've still got the strength to do it. Besides which, we have an appointment to keep."

But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2012, 09:18:35 pm »

Mica looks at the hand Wesley offered, then tentatively grasped it, before jerking it away like it was a live wire.

"What did you do? And what are you?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2012, 09:23:36 pm »

Wesley was slightly taken a back, "I.. I didn't do anything! What are you talking about?"
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2012, 09:53:03 am »

((Bump! You guys need to figure a path to follow together. Put your votes in bold. Otherwise, continue to RP and I'll keep rolling your minor actions if you have them.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2012, 10:08:00 am »

((I was waiting for someone to reply or do something decisive! Fine, I'll do it...))

After sitting still for awhile, Ashley had enough of the rain and wind on the beach and stood up, dusting herself off.

"Look, we can't stay here or we'll freeze to death from the surf and rain. We need shelter of some kind, at least for tonight. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sure we could use the wreckage of the plane as well as whatever we can find in the jungle as stuff to make a shelter of some kind.

I'm heading to the nose of the plane, if you want to come with me, now's your chance. We can go find help in the morning, after this damn storm is gone."

Head to the wreckage of the nose of the plane without waiting for the others and check it out for the possibility of making it a shelter of some kind. Look for useful stuff on the way there. (Take 20 on the search check.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2012, 10:09:55 am »

Eri shook her head, this would not be a good idea to stay at the shore.

"So by looking at you all, I'm guessing that we didn't lose anyone important," their faces seemed indecipherable in the rain, "Other than making a shelter by the seaside, could we just forge our way in a...better environment? Like, there? In the jungle?

"And we could just haul the scrap over there. Where it is dryer. And less open to the sea.

"Ashley makes a good point."

((You ninja, Zako.))

Follow Ashley, and if possible...um, take 20 on a Spot check for a viable location deeper in.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17