Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Gotterdammerung  (Read 30737 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Ch.2: A moment of Silence
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2012, 11:55:31 am »

Wesley was slightly taken a back, "I.. I didn't do anything! What are you talking about?"

Mica taps Wesley on the head.
"I meant, how did you stitch yourself up so easily?"

After listening to his response, goto plane.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2012, 02:12:42 pm »

Renard mumbled something under his breath, and went to the beach and started gathering scrap, and branches. He would take as much as he could carry with him, and when he finished he headed off after those leaving for the nose of the plane. "Looks like I'll do it on my own, all I need to do is get a connection strong enough to have a conversation with Jackson, and we can get out of here. No wait, why the hell do I want to save those going for the same job as me, I've never trusted anyone and I'm not going to start now.' Renard thought before kicking a small piece of scrap metal out of the way and continuing towards the nose of the plane, or whats left of it.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2012, 04:25:07 pm »

Wesley was slightly taken a back, "I.. I didn't do anything! What are you talking about?"

Mica taps Wesley on the head.
"I meant, how did you stitch yourself up so easily?"

After listening to his response, goto plane.

"Oh, I'm a Doctor, kinda..." Wesley stood up, whinced a little, "Or I was one, once.  Why are you injured?"
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2012, 06:25:54 pm »

"Look, Guys..I'm just not sure sitting around waiting is the best idea. Sure they might find the crash site, but as long as we leave an easily followed trail we can also be found. I don't think we should split up though, so I'll go with whatever the majority of the group decides. My vote, is for get moving towards civilization."

Travis begins muttering to himself about dirt bikes and how they'd perform in the jungle while he huddles under a tree and tries to stay mostly dry.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »

Richard is laying back against a tree with his eyes closed. As he hears the others getting up and moving he calls out.

"You guys sure it is a good idea to go out in this rain. Tropical climates and all. Bad to get too wet too long. I think we should wait it out where it is somewhat dry." That said he does open his eyes and stand up.

Of course. A fire might not be a bad thing if this rain is going to last much longer...

Richard searches around for any halfway dry branches Take 20 on search for 22 total.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:27:05 pm by Criptfeind »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Dawn Breaks
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2012, 02:31:32 pm »

[Ashley Search=autopass]
[Richard Search=autopass]
[Eri Spot=autopass]

The party moves on-hoping to find cover in the nose of the plane...

Ashley keeps an eye out for more equipment...

Abby's Briefcase is found, battered and broken open against a tree. Her papers and documents are soaked beyond recognition, and her extra clothes have been scattered about.

Travis finds his own bag hanging from a tree-it contains most of his clothes, rain soaked and foul smelling. It seems they were dunked in rank jet fuel...he discards it, grimacing.

Richard makes sure to snap some heavy branches from a nearby trees as they walk-not completely dry since that would be physically, but not submerged either. He tucks them under his coat

Eri is the first to spot the Nose of the plane-looking more or less light a metallic mushroom now, it still serves as a poor shelter. The entire team gets to work shoring it up, though, and in no time at all, it's 'home'. Richard actually manages to get a fire going, to everyones surprise. It won't last long, but the meager heat is welcome, especially for drying out clothes.

Jim, the poor Pilot, is taken from his seat and extracated from the impaling branch with some muttered prayers-he's placed under a sheet of dark plastic.

The party spends it's first night together-talking quietly, listening to the storm howl away outside. Eventually, even the most alert succumb to exhaustion, and sleep claims them all...

Act 2, Scene 1

...and...cut. Good work everybody! Nice shooting today...but, we need more action, more drama, more danger. I wanna see some blood spilled.

A new day dawns...The Weather is sweltering, but certainly not deadly-there's even a light breeze. The Sky is finally, perfectly clear....

You all wake up hungry, thirsty and well rested.

(Eight hours Night Rest: Healed +1 HP, +8 NL damage)

Eri Arloest

Well armored from the elements in your comfy sleeping bag, you snooze the night away in comfort.

You have a dream where you are under the ocean, but not drowning-for one, you are not even afraid of the water, and it's not a nightmare. You seem to have developed a fish like tail in the dream...it generally gets more bizarre from there, before you wake up slightly confused.

Your stomach growls, and you think of your trail rations-Llywn baked them herself, and her cooking skills are...let's just say she should stick to her day job.

About 4 bars makes a meal...which means you have two days of food with you. But the others will no doubt be hungry as well.

Inventory
Scrap Metal Pry Bar, in left hand (Improvised Melee Weapon, does 1d4 Blunt or Piercing Damage. Looks like it will be bent out of shape only after a few solid strikes.)
2xFirst Aid Kits (Attached to belt)
Range Pack (On back)
-Compass
-Penlight
-Binoculars
-Trail Rations (24)
-Sleeping Bag

Richard Dockson Jr
You don't sleep very deeply that night-you prefer to stay at least partially alert-and you keep watch over the others.

When morning comes, the fire had died down to ashes....and the storm has finally passed. Before anything else, on instinct, you take your gun out of the case and begin cleaning and drying it out. A jam at a bad time could mean one less Dockson in the world that needs them, Sr. used to say to you. The jungle will likely do that anyway no matter how good you clean in, so you intend to get the most use as you can.

In any case, cleaning your gun takes your mind off your stomach. There might be some leftover food in the Dockson case, but it's not something to rely on.

Quote from: Richard Status
(20/20 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Life Jacket, Being worn: +10 to Swim Checks, Can Take 10 even when threatened

Dockson Legacy Expedition Case, Strapped Over Shoulder (Can hold up to 10 pds of equipment, but the case and it's contents will count as weightless if Richard holds it. Extremely difficult to break into or damage by ordinary means. It contains a sundry of random equipment and trinkets Dockson Sr gathered in his travels-Richard can occasionally pull plot-needed items from it's depths with a search roll.)
-Zip Tie Cuffs (25)
-Chem Light Sticks (5)
-Compass
-Binoculars
-Flashlight
-Multipurpose Tool
-Lock Release gun
-Beretta 93R (Semiautomatic Pistol, does 2d6 Ballistic Damage. Currently unloaded. Looks to be in pristine condition.)
-Spare 9mm Beretta Clip (20 rounds total) 

Renard Brosac
Renard wakes up with a splitting headache, and a dry mouth. He stumbles into the brush outside the shelter and dry heaves his last meal-oysters. Yech.

His hands are shaking, and Renard comes to the idea that he could really use a drink right now, just to calm his nerves. No bars in sight, though...

Quote from: Renard Status
(16/18 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Inventory
Locked Black Briefcase (5 digit code)
-?
-?
-?
-?
-?

Ashley Lockman
Ashley sleeps well enough-she's been in worst spots-and is only occasionally troubled by dreams of an ominous Hans Dellinger promising to add her to his 'collection'. Creepy bastard.

She wakes up in time to see Renard stumble out of the shelter. By the look of him, and what you heard last night, it's not hard to deduce he hits the bottle pretty hard, probably taking the first steps to being an alcoholic. He might become a liability soon enough.

You realize remotely that you are hungry-but you don't have any food on you. You wonder who else might be hiding some...

Quote from: Ashley Status
(18/18 HP remains)
Inventory
Survival Kit (On back, Providing +10 to Swim Checks, Can Take 10 even when threatened)
-1xFlare gun (1 Round ammunition)
-3xChemical Light sticks
-1xCompass
-1xMultipurpose Tool
Day Pack (on shoulder)
-Pocket Flashlight
-Casual Clothes
-Cellphone
-Flashlight
-Duct Tape

Rachel Fergusson
You wake up, had on your pack, knife under. Everyone seems to be rousing themselves. Your stomach rumbles, and you recall you've got quite a stash of chocolate and granola energy bars in your pack-at least 2 and a half days worth of food. Sharing will deplete your stocks pretty quickly though.

Quote from: Rachel Status
(17/20 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Inventory
Day Pack (On left shoulder)
-Flashlight (Battery 100%)
-Trail Rations (36 bars)
-Rope (30 ft nylon)
-Knife (1d4 piercing damage, 19-20 crit range)

Mica
You wake up with your head on Wesley's shoulder-apparently you were watching over him in the night, and you more or less slept against each for support. Hmm, awkward...

You notice two things. Most of everyone is awake, and you're getting hungry.
Quote from: Mica Status
(17/20 HP remains)
Carrying Nothing

Abby
Abby wakes up with her brothers close by-apparently he spent the night guarding her. Now, she can't really move from her position without bopping him on the head, since he's a notoriously heavy sleeper...

He mumbles something in his sleep. "...watch out...I'll pile the hay up Abby, and you then you let go...trust me...right..."

Quote from: Abby Status
(16/16 HP remains)
Inventory

Travis
Travis dreams of women...naturally. Then A woman. Slim, Asian, well built-with brililiant almond eyes. She beckons him forth.

"Come along the beach, Travis. I'm waiting for you...come to my home..." She says, cheerfully.

When Travis awakes to the sound of a busy camp, he vividly remembers the dream.

Quote from: Travis Status
(14/17 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Carrying Nothing

Wesley
You dream that night, of Ferrah...but her image is cloudy and indistinct. You don't want to remember that day.

In time, Dawn wakes you with Mica's head on your chest-apparently she was watching over you during the night, and you more or less slept against each other for support. Hmm, awkward...

Groan. Your wounds are healing nicely, but still sore. You'll have to keep an eye on them for infection.

You could also use some food, but doubt there's a Waffle House open around here.

Quote from: Wesley Status
(17/17 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Inventory
Medical Kit (9/10 uses remain)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:13:28 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2012, 03:44:08 pm »

Renard pushed himself back from the brush and shakes his head slightly at his weakness before wiping his face with a strip of cloth and tossing it aside into the brush. Turning towards the jungle he pinches the bridge of his nose, and then starts out into the jungle itself in search of a few thing, 'I need some vines, and a long sturdy branch to make a weapon, then I need to search the plan for radio equipment. I need to get a message to Jackson, at the least if I disappear he can carry on taking care of the Orphanage .. what the hell am I saying I have to live through this I'm not going to give that she-devil the satisfaction of seeing me dead.' With that Renard let his thoughts drift off to more, pleasant things as he carries about his work.

Search for some vines and a sturdy branch, take 20 on the Search roll if possible

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2012, 10:45:16 pm »

Ashley sat up and stretched, straightening the kink out of her back carefully from sleeping on the ground.

"Uhhh... I miss having a bed."

She stands up after a moment and heads outside, shaking herself and breathing deeply. After a moment of this, she turns to the group.

"Well... We clearly need some food and water in us, and could definately use some help too. I saw what looked like a fishing hut with a pier to the east while we were going down, and a road by some cliffs. I'm not sure how far we are from civilization, so if we follow that road, we'll get there eventually but I don't know if we have enough food and water to survive for that long, especially if we are days away from a town of some sort."

She walks around a bit, scratching her nose, before talking again.

"Well, I say we should head for that hut. It must have someone living there, and if theres noone there than at least we have shelter for the night and we could find some useful stuff there too, like food or water or some kind of phone or something. Anyway, hand up who want's to go to that hut for help or supplies?"

She promptly raises her hand, looking at the others.

If we have a majority vote, head for the beach and then use my compass to face the right direction and head for the hut. Reguardless of the vote, search the wreckage for stuff that I can use to make a shelter from thats foldable in nature, like a tarp or large bit of plastic, as well as a strong, straight bit of metal pole that I can use as a walking stick.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2012, 11:35:17 am »

Richard shrugs and puts his gun away.

"I suppose it is better then nothing. Lets try to reach this place."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2012, 03:05:48 pm »

While waiting for posts, I'll do an RP I had for you Cript. Was planning on a Dream sequence, heh.
------------------------------------------------------

"I suppose it is better then nothing. Lets try to reach this place."

Richard says. No one responds. He turns around. His words echo in the dead halls of...wait, Echo?

He's not where he was a moment ago. Instead of the nose of a plane in Malaysia jungle he's....somewhere else. Underground? The walls are now thick, black Obsidian-with eerily natural carvings, with endlessly repeating geometric shapes and unsettling, insect-like efficency. The dusky stone seem to absorb all the light from his meager torch. He brings his gun up, hearing something in the shadows...maybe just a rat.

This is surely a dream, but it feels real. He touches his face, wondering-it feels like his own, same nose, same general features-but older, scarred, more weathered. Reminds him of his Grandfather, in a way.

Something is urging Ricard to move-though he can see neither behind nor in front of him in this impenetrable gloom, he knows he must choose a path. Forward, or back.

He grips his gun tightly-the same gun he was just cleaning, wondering where or when (?) he is, and what to do.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2012, 03:11:23 pm »

Eri stood up after eating about 4 bars of trail food - quite a taste to wake a person up, she decided to bring 8 more with her and to leave the rest at camp.

"If anyone needs food, I've left twelve bars of trail food here. I going with Ashley, but...I hope to take care of something first." she said as she pointed to the figure under the dark plastic sheet.

"Our pilot needs a burial, in the least. And the storm has abated..."

Vote on Ashley, and follow her up!
Um, take 10 to Spot, for any strangeness along the way. If none: then look for a suitable spot, perhaps in the sand or loose soil, that could be used for a grave.

Either way, prioritize finding a resting place for our good man, Jim.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:39:05 pm by Tiruin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2012, 05:50:09 pm »

Richard felt cold sweat rolling down the back of his neck. He walked slowly over to the wall, running his fingers over the symbols. A decision reached he put one foot forward. Then another. Soon he was walking down the dark halls. Searching. Searching for... What?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2012, 07:53:36 pm »

When Ashley mentioned the Beach, Travis nearly jumped to his feet. That dream was so vivid, and he couldn't shake it for some reason he wasnt quite sure of.
Sometimes you just get dreams that stick with you awhile. She sure was pretty though.

"Down the beach? Sure, I'll tag along. I'm quite charming, even if I don't know the local language. Besides, we need some help. And if theres people, there might be help.
I also agree..Our pilot was a good man, we should give him a proper burial."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2012, 08:13:52 pm »

Richard tried to think...what was he here for? These God-Forsaken Halls. That's not an idle phrase...

Why?

"...Why are you here, Rich? You think you can save me? Be a hero? Who says I want to be saved?" echoes a voices in response, as if to his thoughts. It comes from everywhere, and nowhere. The voice...it's familiar, and distinctly feminine-exquisite tenor, smooth as silk, an alluring hint of high breeding-possibly British...or Egyptian? You get the idea Royalty would sound like that. But the voice is also tinged with a deep bitterness...a palpable despair. You feel a pang of reflective pity. You know her voice.

That pain you hear...is all your fault.

"...It's too late, anyway. You're too late, Rich. It's done. I broke it.

This world is going to burn. I don't expect any different of you...well, you just keep walking forward, like you always do. Maybe you can stop the Hand from opening the door, for today...but that will only drag things out.

It's almost here. Can you hear the pipers?

Azathoth comes...God have mercy on you, Rich. Because It certainly won't."

The name fills you with unnatural fear. No...not like this.

You run faster. Faster.

There!

A large mirror stands in the center of an otherwise unornamented room-the frame is the same organic obsidian like subtances everything else is made of. But this mirror does not cast your reflection-or the reflection of the room behind it. This mirror...is one way. It's wreathed in shadows-what lies behind, you would not dare to know. For, the people who built this place did not do so to show off their wealth-It's a prison. Weapons ring the walls-spears, bows, halberds, axes, hammers, swords, knives, clubs-every time of weapon imaginable. The bones of those who died driving it back in the last, desperate battle still stand eternally at guard.

And...now...a very fine hairline crack has appeared in the center. You see the source-the ring of Harmonic Crystals that once kept it in stasis are now lying shattered on the ground-their cores of light spilled on the ground (like so much blood) being drawn into the shadows of mirror, their nature, corrupted, parting the way for him to come....the magic that so long held them here, finally broken-by a woman driven mad by grief.

...but by chance, or perhaps Her last refuge of sanity, one last shard remains-a sputtering core of golden radiance. The Last Key. You stoop down, picking it up. It can't hold the field by itself, anymore...but as long as you keep this light with you, the portal will not open completely. He won't be able to come through. As long as you keep the Torch lit.

You look into the mirror. You see yourself reflected, now. It's the face of your Grandfather.

Your reflection steps out of it's prison. Somehow this doesn't surprise you. The Hand of Azathoth can take many forms. It is fitting for it to choose yours for it's final task. He cannot enter, not fully...but had can extend his hand through the gap.

You face yourself. It speaks in your own voice, a perfect imitation...with a subtle mocking edge that cannot be denied.

"...You again? Do you never cease your meddling?

I'll have that crystal from you, sir. Then we can get this whole, unpleasant business...started. Finally. Or I can chase you-and your descendants, if need be.

What will it be? Buy this miserable world a few more decades to limp toward it's own inevitable self destruction? You should be more like your Lady Friend. She understands. I don't wish to hurt you...I merely want to take away the pain. And the Joy. And everything else...

Just give me the Crystal."

It smiles, and you take a step back.

You consider your gun...but pause. There are many weapons here for a reason. The Hand seems unafraid-he wants you to shoot him, it seems. You know, despite his powers, he is still flesh and blood. He can be hurt, killed, and driven back.

Dockson considers which weapon he should use to Kill the Hand? The walls abound-every weapon throughout History. A thousand years of killing implements, the tools men use to devour men. A fitting irony...

Like it or not, if he doesn't kill this Man here, it will do unto him-and the World dies alongside.

Much like your courage, your torch sputters and flickers. But the flame does not die.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:19:23 pm by Dwarmin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2012, 08:36:37 pm »

Richard looked at the hand. Noticing the mocking smile plastered across his own face. Did Richard look like that?  He knew that he could not give that key to the... thing. He could not let Azathoth into the world. But... It wanted him to stop it? He raised his gun towards the head of the monster.

"Why. Do you want me to shoot you?"

Richard slowly moved sidewise, not taking his eyes off the hand. Sliding towards a certain weapon he had noticed upon the ground.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17