Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92165 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #645 on: August 08, 2012, 02:23:00 am »

I'm still unsure as to whether I managed to convince the merchants of the city to attend my meeting. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 08, 2012, 03:04:11 am »

Question: do I still have any wine?
Question: would it be possible to ever tame an ice drake? Or raise one from childhood and slowly raise it domesticated at least. Ya know, just for a point of curiosity.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:06:10 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 08, 2012, 03:13:24 am »

I think an Ice Drake is just a little OP.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 08, 2012, 03:24:29 am »

Nah, they can't even breath fire. They aren't even a match for a well-armoured knight....I'd compare their dangerousness to a well-built lion or even an average wolf.

EDIT: Also something that has been bugging me. Ice drakes are immature dragons, yes? If that is the case that either means a population of full-grown dragons is dwelling in the ares somewhere hidden from sight, or ice dragons can breed while immature. Neoteny? Or maybe Fire Drakes can breed?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:30:50 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 08, 2012, 04:39:50 am »

Unless Dwarmin has anything to say to my character then he has just spent the rest of this time in a local inn, but not the Iron Hound, too much happens there
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 08, 2012, 04:56:51 am »

Player: Pandemix
Position: Knight under the Service of Northwatch
Full Name: (Sir)  Elyrion Ashantir

Description: 25, Black hair, Blue Eyes, Stands 5'9 tall, mostly seen in the dark brown cloaks of the rangers with a chainmail underneath.

Bio: Elyrion was born into the north of the country, his father being a low-grade noble without lands who was roaming the country as a free knight an dhis mother a commoner, he is still not a bastard though as his father legitimately married his mother, noones knows why he would do such a thing effectively lowering his state in the society by not going in any political bonds. However, he continued to roam the lands searching for opportunities to increase his rank and maybe gain a fief. He grew up in this travelling society until his father was hired by the current ruler of the Northwatch (If that's okay for that player).

His further life was pretty much the same as the one of every male noble, learning the rules of court and training with the weapons of a knight soon followed, Elyrion showed exceptional skill in the use of swords, especially in the use of a sword and a dagger as a defensive weapon which is a not very often seen combination these days, many people preffering a actual shield. His skills in the usage of a bow are a bit more than decent.

In his later years the lord of the Northwatch saw his expertise in fighting and decided to hire him, he provided him basic equipment in form of a horse, chainmail, sword, shield and spear, being pretty surprised as Elyrion said he would not need the shield. And so he was called to the Northwatch court acting as one of the bodyguards and assistants to the lord, caring about smaller problems for him such as dealing with villager's problems that the Lord did not have time for himself or being sent out to messager jobs.

He is still hoping on once being granted a fief by the lord of Northwatch, however, he does not believe that this will be done in the next few months. He has recently been granted control over a small regiment of militia's to train them properly in case of a war.

Traits:
Two Hand fighting style: +1 on melee related attack rolls with swords or weapons likewisely used such as scimitars, falchions or daggers in the defense.

Army:
Personal Guard

Heavy Edited repost
Also, who is the current lord of Northwatch?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:38:38 am by Pandemix »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 08, 2012, 05:34:23 am »

Just a reminder for those willing to be a knight under a player noble; remember to check with them for funding during character creation: you don't want to be stuck with a 2d/year without a source of income.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 08, 2012, 06:04:20 am »

Hey Pandemix the pact could use crafty Hedge-Knights! :D

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 08, 2012, 08:38:06 am »

Also, who is the current lord of Northwatch?

You wish to serve the borderland of the Northwatch, saer? Will you accept being Renart Lionel's vassal?

There are many other lands that need PC vassals. I currently have adwarf's Trent as my Ranger Commander.  :P

Though, if you wish to be a knight under my command, this will end up...pretty fun. Indeed.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 08, 2012, 09:02:51 am »

Azthor, didn't you already hold open court in your place? Because if the answer is yes, we're not allowing you to do it again this year. Open courts are useful for fluffing the different noble holdings and stuff, but they're also alot of work.

Now, to my knowledge there are only two people who do not have held open court: me and Dragor. Once that's done, or if Iituem leaves before he gets time of holding open court for me, I will roll for summer.

Until then, post your final spring actions in the thread. These are all recruitments of troops. If you posted such a thing earlier, post it again there. In my post for summer I'll put all training times for everyone in a spoiler. If you do not post it before, then sucks to be you, you'll have to wait a season - unless you have a very good excuse. I'm gonna give people a day or two, of course.

Also, I would appreciate if you people would keep up to date holdings in the character thread. These holdings include money, troops, parcels, cities and trading routes.

Pandemix: it looks good to go, apart from one problem: your traits. They essentially give you a +2 in fighting, and I try to avoid giving people power like that. Try to find something else.

I think I'll let you discuss with the different nobles here if people are looking for a hedge-knight. Taking a border fort like Northwatch may be tempting, but it's unlikely that there will actually be a war over there, as far as things are looking right now. So I suggest that you talk with that with the different people here; maybe you'll find a better offer than Tiruin's.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 08, 2012, 09:09:01 am »

And know that Renart, though living near the Haegar, is reluctant to go into open war with them.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15:25 am »

We seem awfully short on rebels, well thats gonna change
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 08, 2012, 09:34:21 am »

We seem awfully short on rebels, well thats gonna change
Indeed. Tiakath has some ambition...
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 08, 2012, 09:36:14 am »

Dammit Azthor I'm still waiting for you to respond to me :|
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 08, 2012, 09:37:48 am »

Alright, if anyone has a need for a hedge night state your business here, if Tiruin already has one it would probably be better to go to another guy who may need it. I'm also after advice from somoene (thanks again) changing my stuff, removing the duel trait and instead making my Regiment a Personal Guard.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 111