Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111]

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 91960 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #1650 on: November 23, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »

As I informed Shoot, I am quitting from my position of Sub-Gm and also from the game.

Like I did anything anyway.

Toodle-ooo.

* filiusenox bows.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 23, 2012, 08:04:53 pm »

YaK players, we have made an important decision just recently.

As the players just realized in the IRC, Azthor has, for all intents and purposes, won. With all adversaries eliminated, nobody stands in his way to the throne - Edgard and Harald are effectively doomed, statistically.

After much deliberation, we have decided to stop the game here. Yes, of course, it was not as long a run as usual; yes, of course, the game can still go for a while longer... But we feel it should not.

In You are King II, the game reached its climax at the coup against Laythe in Talama. The game itself lasted a year longer, but we never managed to get it going at a reasonable pace again - the last four seasons were, as a rule of thumb, agonizingly slow and boring. We have decided to end YaK III here and now, when we feel it has reached its height, instead of dragging it on and on until it slowly dies of simple lack of things to do. A parallel we found was that of a knight dying at 30 with a sword in his hand, instead of at 60 of old age. It was a fantastic run - much better, I believe, than You are King II - but we feel like it's time to put an end to it, and start again - this time with even better game mechanics.

We made many improvements from YaK 2 to YaK 3, and we will make many new improvements this time around. Namely, a faster game pace (with more frequent income) and a different setting should make things more interesting, and we are thinking of implementing systems that should prevent time shenanigans.

If you wish to contribute, we invite you to talk it over in IRC, on the #yak3 channel, where we'll be discussing.

I will remain the GM for the game, if you people still want me, but we are still deliberating on what the setting will exactly be (currently favoring a kind of fantasy roman setting, with the same accent on politics).

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 23, 2012, 09:06:50 pm »

As the players just realized in the IRC, Azthor has, for all intents and purposes, won.

Well to all those who have missed this true gem, here a highly exaggerated form of it:

The IRC Chat

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 23, 2012, 09:34:25 pm »

As the players just realized in the IRC, Azthor has, for all intents and purposes, won.

Well to all those who have missed this true gem, here a highly exaggerated form of it:

The IRC Chat

I love you man, for this vid alone.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 24, 2012, 01:00:43 am »

I cried a little laughing...this was awesome
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 24, 2012, 08:52:44 am »

This was indeed awesome.

I find it interesting to see the difference between what happens in YaK and what happened in HOTRS after the backstab. But it sucks that I always join game a turn before they end.
Next time I4ll show you!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 24, 2012, 01:03:03 pm »

<3 Ghaz's video. Sheer, bloody awesome.

Also, I liked YAK2 better. But I'm biased, since I was apparently winning. Hell, never knew you could win Yak.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 25, 2012, 01:50:28 am »

I didn't backstab anyone.

I killed them front-on.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 25, 2012, 10:46:48 pm »

<3 Ghaz's video. Sheer, bloody awesome.

Also, I liked YAK2 better. But I'm biased, since I was apparently winning. Hell, never knew you could win Yak.

Believe me, it was a shock to me too.  I'm weirdly proud of you guys for actually winning it.  o_0
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 25, 2012, 11:04:42 pm »

Believe me, it was a shock to me too.  I'm weirdly proud of you guys for actually winning it.  o_0

Some people were disheartened/frustrated after Az's plan emerged from the depths of darkness, so we probably wouldn't have enough major players to go on with the game even if we wanted to continue.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 26, 2012, 03:17:51 am »

Actually, can we have a summary? What was Azthor's plan, except from leading the rebellion?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 26, 2012, 07:50:56 am »

I somehow would have liked to see the end of it...i feels like that weird Twilight-thingy my sister told me about:
The moment before the big end battle everybody just goes:

"Nope, that was actually a not so fun idea lets go home and drink some tea instead of chopping each others heads off..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 26, 2012, 09:20:58 am »

Your sister was right.

There was n- [REDACTED]
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111]