Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92011 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2012, 08:36:08 am »

Could anyone link me to the main link of the IRC? First time I'm using it and...I'm quite lost.

/server irc.freenode.net
/join #YaK3

Here ya' go  ;)

That never worked for me.  Use this LINK
Tyvm :))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2012, 11:58:02 am »

Player: Yoink.
Position: Brothel Master (In Stormstead).
Full name: Habarre.

Bio: A rather suave, swarthy-skinned fellow with wiry black hair, not too tall or imposing but with
wary eyes and an angular face reminiscent of a predatory bird, Habarre wears a moustache of the
most awe-inspiring proportions to accentuate his darkly handsome appearance.
Born the bastard son of a Selenid peasant girl and a passing soldier of unknown descent, Habarre's mother
carted him amongst the many camp-followers of the army his father belonged to, until the latter's death from infection.
Shunned by her family for her immoral behaviour, she took her child and wandered the land as a vagabond,
relying on what she could beg or forage before eventually joining up with a band of gypsies, doing all those
less-than-appreciated things gypsies are known for.
By this time Habarre was approaching adulthood, and his mother, not wanting the life of a gypsy for her son,
took him to Eldanic lands and eventually managed to secure him a place as a small-town herbalist's apprentice; not exactly
glamorous but she had passed on more than enough herbal knowledge to the boy, and he had a secure place to live.
His mother simply said her farewells and disappeared back the way she came.

The boy excelled in his work, impressing the apothecary with both his knowledge and his eagerness to experiment.
The old man worried, however, at his student's great interest in narcotic substances... But then, none of the
other boys in this tiny village had any interest whatsoever in working for him, so he mostly kept his mouth
shut. Habarre, swiftly growing into adulthood, proved himself an able businessman, securing far more profitable
deals for the herbalist in and around the town, securing better prices with suppliers and even, on one notable
occasion, convincing a trader from some far-off land to part with a monkey in exchange for curing his terrible
dental problems. (The creature was intended as a test subject for new pharmaceuticals, but thanks to the old
apothecary's soft heart ended up as a pet.)

With his silver tongue, good looks and head for business, Habarre became an upstanding citizen of the town,
making friends, improving his skills and expanding the apothecary's business until they supplied the entire
region with remedies, (Not to mention bedding half the nubile young females in the town) and as such it was
quite a surprise when the young man decided to move on.

Not content with supplying drugs to some Eldanic backwater, he set his sights on no less than the very capital
of Windheath: Stormstead. Packing a satchel with some rations, herbs and alchemic supplies, and saying a
heartfelt goodbye to the apothecary, Habarre set off to make a real fortune. He was just turned 21,
and was already taking after his mother's side in a way- despite looking like the mixed-blood mongerel he was,
the young man was firmly a Selenid when it came to cutthroat bargaining, coercion and underhanded deals.
Upon his arrival in Stormstead he quickly asked around, tracking down and purchasing a run-down, disused
warehouse and hiring a team of cheap labour to renovate it. After that, it was just simply a matter of tracking
down some local "talent" (i.e purchasing a batch of discount slaves) and 'The Drifting Chemise' brothel held its
not-so-grand opening just in time for the coronation celebrations.

Traits or resources:
Skilled Apothecary: +1 to identifying/sourcing useful herbs and processing them into narcotic substances.
"Heavens no, I don't touch the stuff myself! But one puff of this stuff and they can't get another dose quickly enough."

Dat 'stache: +1 to all charisma rolls, as well as negotiations, bargaining etcetera.
"Yea verily, his was the moustache of legends. Spoken of in hushed voices across the land, 'tis the mightiest of facial hair."

((Sorry for the horrid formatting, I typed it out in notepad first. :-\ Is this okay?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2012, 12:03:14 pm »

Since you have been in YaK before and your previous passage was excellent, I won't ask you what are your plans. Jump right in, Yoink.

The same goes for you, Araph. You know how the game is played and your previous experiences with it were outstanding; jump right in.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »

"My god, that moustache.  That moustache could kill a man, and he'd die gladly."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2012, 12:33:38 pm »

I can hardly believe I actually managed to type all that out at almost 4AM in the morning... I hope I didn't ramble too badly.
Anyway, hope that's all in order; I will certainly be looking to hire some leg-breakers security at some point! And I will look into those new business rules in more detail after I get some sleep. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2012, 12:34:09 pm »

Dat 'stache: +1 to all charisma rolls, as well as negotiations, bargaining etcetera.
"Yea verily, his was the moustache of legends. Spoken of in hushed voices across the land, 'tis the mightiest of facial hair."[/left]

Best. Trait. Ever.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2012, 03:34:08 pm »

"Yea verily, his was the moustache of legends. Spoken of in hushed voices across the land, 'tis the mightiest of facial hair."[/left]

Best. Trait. Ever.
This must mean all kinds of social rolls, including intimidation!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2012, 04:55:09 pm »

I have an important political question that I doubt can be answered IC. Are the Haegar united into kingdoms or are they decentralized tribes and federations?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2012, 05:01:42 pm »

Must know that too :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2012, 05:04:47 pm »

They ae divided into tribes and clans.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2012, 05:11:55 pm »

Is the castle on the opposite of the Northwatch border inhabited?

And sorry for lack of posting, power problems and weather have been popping up...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:36 pm »

Its up to GMs if its inhabited or not.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2012, 05:49:48 pm »

If they follow actual Viking-era Norse politics, you'll see lots of clans with primarily loyalty to familial ties rather than chiefs and kings; peace is achieved by marriage or by wiping out the other side.  Constant feuding between different clans, but with clans pledging loose allegiance to a thane or king mostly to join in on foreign raids and to band together against a foreign enemy.

From the viewpoint of a thane or king, he will mostly be pressed into a lot of raiding of his neighbours or foreign powers in order to keep paying off his immediate subordinates so that they don't kill him and take his throne.  All in all unstable, but if you piss off enough people they can form a strong enough alliance to cause trouble.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:00 pm »

Is the castle on the opposite of the Northwatch border inhabited?

And sorry for lack of posting, power problems and weather have been popping up...

There's a reason the King asked your char the situation on the border. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2012, 06:00:59 pm »

I missed my bus by posting my last post lol

Btw what is the value of the money? I have some idea but I don't know how far what would get me where.

Like, what would Hounds and Wolves get me or silver, etc.

Also how much a proper tip would be lol
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:04:10 pm by knightedskull »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 111