Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131222 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2012, 03:44:35 pm »

The Blauritter shan't be attending the tournament (May or may not actually be true.)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:56:03 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2012, 09:00:12 pm »

While Drachengrab's lord would like nothing more than honoring his new liege through a trial of arms, he is simply too old to keep up with the young lords. In view of that, as well as his status as the last member of his dynasty, he shall name a champion to representate him on the tournment.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:09:37 am by Azthor »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2012, 12:16:40 am »

The King blinked at the latest unwelcome news. Apparently Lord Zedderous had died in a freak boating accident...

"A Gaff hook swung by his clumsy and soft headed cousin swept his head clear from his shoulders, apparently." He later confessed to his brother, with a shrug. "Guess I'll need a new logistician."

The King declared the traditional hour of mourning that evening-which was more so observed, becase the bars of Stormstead were required to hand out one free shot of River Spirits in honor of the departed to every 'grieving' citizen.

In other news, a new drink sensation became popular not long after-"Zedd's Surprise". Advertised with the tagline 'It'll knock your block off'.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2012, 05:57:22 pm »

Elric lay against the wall in the shade of a tree, clad in his armor, arms crossed over his chest, his eye on the nobles that kept their distance from their opponents, the flames of loathing licking at his heart blooming into full out hatred of the haughty men at the fact.

He pushed himself to his feet, striding over to look them over before suddenly calling out, "Any of you want to practice before the fight or are you just going to sit around beforehand?"

((Bump. Let's get some RP going...sheesh...))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:02:51 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2012, 06:22:31 pm »

After the meeting...

With everyone leaving the meeting chamber, Edgard approached Theor Blackshield.

"My dear Comte, we were talking about some interesting things the other night, but we were interrupted. Would you join me for a meal? we could finish our discussion then. My chambers in the keep are big, but I prefer a place closer to the river."

-----------------------------

Orders for spring:
Recruit 1 PG regiment (I Heavy) and 1 in Arborvent (Archer):  -3d
Purchase a manor on the southern bank of the main river, just across from the Stormstead Isle. Fortify it. -3d

establish pearl route from Arborvent to the capital. -2d
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:42:28 am by Ardas »

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2012, 06:38:13 pm »

Theor raised an eyebrow and pondered for a brief moment what Edgard probably want from him.
"Well, a few morsels would not hurt. But I can't quite remember... What was our discussion again?"
Of course he still knew the facts, hell, maybe he was drunk, but not that wasted... He was just curious what would be his answer.

Orders for spring:
Recruit 1 PG regiment (I Archer) and 2 regiments : -3

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2012, 06:47:38 pm »

Kylila sneaks the supplies she stole from the mutineers, as well as the horses, to the manor. Certain that her distinctive appearance and fighting style is more than enough to identify her should anyone see to find her, she enters in the tournament in the category of melee, under the simple alias of Dagger.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2012, 07:54:05 pm »

The tournament began during a sunny afternoon, with the sound of a cheering crowd supporting the various participants. Preliminary games had left only nobles from the kingdom and a few hedgeknights in position to participate. The first competition was archery, done early so that neither the sun nor shadows would bother the competitors. The wind was up and extremely irregular that day, making the competition particularly challenging and - some would say - mainly based on luck. Everyone had a small target with a simple scale - green, blue, red, each gradually smaller.

Richard and Cyril, reputedly the kingdom's finest archers, were the first to shoot. Sadly, during both of their shots the wind changed direction quickly, and they only scored blue near the red. It was not that day that they would find out who was the best at long range shooting. Henry and Theor followed, and were lucky in that there was no wind; they both scored a perfect red. Those in the crowd near them whispered that they seemed surprised by this outstanding performance. This was too hard to beat for the following participants, apparently; although the wind settled down, all the others scored blue near the green, except for the champion of Drachengrab, who did not manage to hit the target.
Henry and Theor shot once again to determine who would win the first competion; and that time their luck ran out and revealed their real skills, as they both hit the green at the target's limit. They shot a third time; Theor's arrow did not hit the target, while Henry's touched the green near the blue. Henry won and earned himself fifty crowns, but some in the crowd whispered that they had only been lucky to get through the first round, and that their betters had deserved to win.

Archery was followed by jousting. It was decided that the jousting would begin early in the afternoon, but that the finals would be at dusk, to add suspense.

The first round pitted Richard against Theor. They met for the first time in a great crash, and both of them broke their lances, to the delight of the crowd. They charged once again at another, and in a very narrow duel Theor knocked the Prince off his horse, barely staying horsed himself. Edgar and Osir followed, and the Duc of Arborvent did a splendid performance, beating Osir with ease while saluting the crowd. Harald and Renart went next, and they charged three times before Renart finally fell and Harald was declared the winner. A knight named Rusty faced the champion of Drachengrab, and the former beat the latter with ease. While knocking the champion down, Rusty's lance splintered and a part of it got through the knight's mail and into his shoulder. He was later examined and the bit was removed, and he seemed to be well, for a while.

The semi-finals went quickly; Edgar crushed Theor in his first ride, while Rusty defeated Harald just as quickly. The duc and the hedgeknight eyed each other, but they would have to wait till afternoon to settle things.

The following competition was the melee. This one was relatively simple: the participants were placed in a large arena with a sandy floor, and the last man standing won. An unusual participant joined; a woman, from the ampyrian lands. Since she had qualified and women had a good standing in adranic society, she was allowed to participate, but there were a lot of sneers and taunts. There was also a surprising participant: the Blauritter himself, who had come back from his domain to give a good beating to the other nobles and knights.

The battle began with two surprises: Edgar, who was reputed to be quite the swordsman, got knocked out by a powerful blow to the head from Richard, who was not a swordsman but an archer, while the Blauritter himself was taken down by the ampyrian woman. For a moment the crowd forgot to encourage the fighters in a shocked silence, but she was quickly beaten  by Renart, and all agreed later on that she had beaten the Blue Knight only with pure luck. The hedge knight named Rusty, who had been engaged since the beginning with Osir, finally fell to a series of blows to the stomach and the legs, and Renart literally fell on him quickly after, having been taken down by the champion of Drachengrab. As the fighting started to die down, Henry got rid of Richard, who had been doing fairly well (having eliminated Harald by hitting his head with a shield), by bullrushing him and crushing him against the wall of the arena. Both of them heard a sickening noise as one of Richard's ribs broke, but the Prince assured Henry that he was fine - before falling to the ground. Meanwhile, Drachengrab's champion was literally throwing Theor into the air, sending him flying with a monstrous blow. That left two men in the arena; the champion of Drachengrab and Henry. They turned around each other for a while, and the champion finally charged; he dealt a series of massive blows to Henry, deforming his opponent's shield with his fury, before finally breaking Henry's shoulder by going through his defense. The champion won and his leader was awarded fifty crowns, but when he left the arena the knight was holding his shoulder in pain.

He died of infection a few days later. It was the only death in the tournament; an extraordinarily low number of dead, considering.

As dusk fell upon the city, the finalists of the jousting competition met on the field. Edgar and Rusty charged three times; on the third time, Rusty nearly fell, and he twisted his ankle in his stirrups. He would probably limp for the next few weeks, but he decided to keep on going. He made a good choice, for he defeated Edgar in the fourth and final ride, unhorsing him with a square hit on the cuirass. The tournament was over, with three injuries and one dead.

((Everything was done with public rolls, including injuries))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:04:30 pm by Shootandrun »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2012, 08:39:18 pm »

The King enjoyed the competition-he cheered and celebrated with the rest-only wishing he could have been out there, deep down. He spent most of the time in his open air platform, watching the competition with interest. Of note-and perhaps considered bit odd-his Mistress Ria was seated at his side. Not in the Queens seat, which is tradtionally to the left, but in the advisors seat, to the right. If, and When asked, he would say the Advisor was absent the festitivies-and that the least the King could dictate was seating arrangements.

Silently, he was dissapointed some nameless, now dead, champion had taken the pot-and foreigners had showed them all up nicely. In his own estimation, it reflected poorly on his current Nobles. Still, he would have to meet the new champions-especially the Lancer 'Rusty' and the strikingly beautiful female Knight who had defeated Blauritter.

Actions: They were both given summons to meet the King at his palace that evening.

He accompanied his brother out of the tournament on a stretcher after the festivities, Lady by his side.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2012, 01:39:37 am »

Osir was sure that the blonde boy had been grinning as he struck him down. Then again, Osir was laughing like a maniac when he got out of there.

Think of it, a bloodthirsty Haegar noble beaten by a scrawny little boy!

Well, at least he was taking it gently. He had heard some of the crowd practically booing when those strangers went and walloped the best swordsmen in the land, and a woman at that. Think of it, the best warriors in the kingdom, toppled by mere mercenaries! Osir had a good laugh out of that. Gods, if she were a Haegar, she would've been a...jarl by now, after she beat up a few chiefs and their retinues. Shame about the champion, he thought, dying right after he won and winning nothing but glory.

And then his mind wandered. He hadn't won a thing, but then again he wasn't much of a fighter. All those days couped up in the palace was not at all good for a fighter. Obviously, he lost. He nearly fumbled with the bow, actually. He never expected a thing though, he just needed something to do.

After the tournament, Osir had retired to the palace to mend his wounds and rest a bit. Not at all a night for drinking...He wouldn't have the same freedom he had had on the coronation night. His jailors were at his tail again....Least the Iron Queen isn't keeping tabs anymore.

Eventually, Osir decided to do some writing.

He sent off an armed and loyal messenger to the manor he had heard the boy had bought and began to write again.

Finally, the comte sent one last messenger to Osport. He should go there soon, he thought.

Send off a message to the manor of the hedgeknight "Rusty" are currently staying. Once they arrive, the message will be given to them as well as 0.5 ducats. Also, send off a message to Henry.

Spring Orders:
Raise 1 Infantry (Marine, Beserker, PG) -2.5 d

Change: 6.8-2.5 =4.3 d

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:32:59 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2012, 02:39:01 am »

"No need to play coy with me, comte." Edgard smiled mischeviously. "I'm just amazed at how cheaply you sold Blackshield name to Conrichts. With Richard around as Marshal, they will make sure that you don't do anything that they would not like."

He led him away from the keep to house of a friendly patrician, where a lavish meal was prepared.

"I would be the last one to insult your noble and ancient blood, but there are other avenues of getting that duchy title back, you know."

He poured himself and his guest wine in to large goblets.

"Look at our court. Isn't it amazing that no one appears to hold any grudges against Conrichts? Its as if the last 30 years did not happen."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2012, 05:53:33 am »

Lord Stonetree returned home after his meager skills at the tournament. He needed to raise some money badly. His father had to close down the last mine because he couldn't pay the workers anymore but now after all the reperation payments were finished he finally had some cash leverage.

He immediately hired some prospectors who would begin probing for new gem deposits. Meanwhile he sent a Letter to the Duke of Arborvent and Margrave Henry Conricht asking for their cooperation in the establishment of a trade route. One going from the Pact to Arborvent and one going from the Pact to Oathbreaker Fort and then West to the Neighbouring Country.

Letter to the Duke of Arborvent
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Letter to Margrave Henry Conricht
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

_________

Send out Prospectors to find Gem Deposits for the establishment of Mines
if successfull begin immediate establishment of 2 Gem Mines (one Trade Route going to Arborvent and one going to Oathbreaker Fort and then to Drachenklaue) Cost 4 Ducats ( 2 if the other the Duc and the Margrave help carrying the costs)

Raise Personal Guard Regiment

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:55:45 am by Ghazkull »

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2012, 10:35:14 am »

Theor thought for a short moment to punch the Duc's face in. Would be not very wise but, damn, very satisfying. A weasel, of course.

"Well, maybe I sold the name of my family cheap, but I'm a general with the honor to protect the kingdom."
He grinned beastly cold.
"Also, it's not that I want to do the family of Conricht any harm. My duty is to protect the crown. Only when all nobles act together, our kingdom can prosper and is invulnerable to all harms."
 He took his goblet und stirred the wine with one finger. A little bit wary, he nipped.
"Hmm... Heavy and sweet, seasoned with honey? A wine from the south, how interesting."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2012, 10:44:34 am »

The tournament had carried some interesting surprises, and the Fool pondered of the two strangers to the entry; had it been they he had overheard?  He had quietly performed some of the usual juggling and entertainment throughout the festivities, keeping a dully high profile, but afterward changed skins again and ventured out into the city.  If he was to serve his King as anything more than a clown, it was time to start making some real introductions...

The Fool goes out into the city as Valsche Namme again, scouring the taverns in the wake of the tournament for any news of opportunities; especially those with the chance to make serious money with serious risk.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2012, 02:42:26 pm »

"Yes, I imported that. The barrel came with me from Arborvent. "

He took the goblet and drunk from it.

"If you believe that faithful service will earn you your title back, you are mistaken. Whether you know it or not, Conrichts have you on thie rlist of people to be watched over. but instead of banishing you, they decided to chain you up in thier service.
If I were king, I would have done the same to be honest."

He took a piece of meat from the table and started eating.

"But its great that you accepted their offer. That gives us some room for manouver. If you wish to cooperate of course.  after all, I'm the royal Treausrer and watch over all of royal money, whereas you got the army connections."

-------------------------------------------------
After the tournament.....

Edgard was still sitting in his room, while his servant rubbed his arms and back, applying ointment and bandages.

That bloody hedgeknight unseated him. If not for that scumbag, he would have taken the laurels. Alas, gods decided differently. And that stupid melee in the middle of the day just after jousting, he would not have been so tired. It was embarrasing when Richard knocked him out; he could still remember the ringing in his ears and head when the blow landed square on Edgard's greathelm.

He got rusty. Too many women and wine, not enough training. He could match most nobles and men in the kingdom, but clearly, he was slacking. Maybe it would be good to take up some more lessons. Preferably from that hedgeknigt that defeated him.
And that girl that fought in the arena. wasn't she a brilliant piece of work. apparently she was hedgeknight's servant or travel companion. Edgard decided. He will meet that "Rusty" fellow again, preferably for training, and maybe that feisty lady will come along too....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:44:45 pm by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 101