Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 64970 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 totally has a trailer now
« Reply #480 on: October 23, 2013, 10:30:09 am »

Many thanks, Mech. It's appreciated ;)
Love, scriver~

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 29, 2013, 05:04:03 pm »

Apparently blood and gore dlc will be released in a few days.

I totally called it.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »

Anyone try the Radious Total War mod compilation?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2000-Radious-Total-War-Mod/page2

Supposedly "fixes" RTW2 Total War and makes it playable. Improves battle AI (which early on was so stupid looking in the videos I watched) and a ton of other stuff.

If anyone has tried it, worth buying RTW2 on the steam winter sale for this?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2013, 03:18:45 pm »

I'm always surprised when people tell me the game's broken. I'm not doubting they've had problems, but for me the game started out working (if flawed) and just rolled out with polishing in patches and free DLC. Guess it's just really good luck.

It's worth buying, mod or not. It's a game with a lot of missed potential and some flaws, but it's still enjoyable enough for me to have sunk plenty of hours into it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2013, 04:24:31 pm »

I never really had any problems myself. But I have a pretty damn good computer, so I don't know if I merely didn't experience the problems. The only thing I dislike is the removal of the family tree, which was quite annoying. I also wish they actually put some more personality into the historical battles. I mean... look at all the trailers. Why couldn't they use those as the introductions instead of those stupid speech bubbles.

Other than that I like it.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 03, 2013, 06:01:08 pm »

Between the utterly retarded AI (admittedly it has never been great but this is a pretty major step back), blink-and-you-miss-it battles, obtuse political system, flat out lying in trailers/interviews, imbalances in the naval battles (transports are still among the best ships to use), plethora of 'magic' abilities, pointless/minuscule general/legion development, gate torching etc etc this is easily the worst Total War game I've ever played.

This is the only game (out of at least a hundred) that I regret purchasing this year.

The province system is kinda cool though.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2013, 01:41:17 am »

I'm always surprised when people tell me the game's broken. I'm not doubting they've had problems, but for me the game started out working (if flawed) and just rolled out with polishing in patches and free DLC. Guess it's just really good luck.

It's worth buying, mod or not. It's a game with a lot of missed potential and some flaws, but it's still enjoyable enough for me to have sunk plenty of hours into it.

Agreed. I held off on buying Rome 2 because Shogun 2 left such a bad taste in my mouth. There are some pretty obvious oversights in Rome 2 (the family system needs to be thrown out and redone from scratch, for example), but it's one of the most fun games I've purchased in a while and it makes me hopefully for the direction of the series after the awful Shogun 2.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 26, 2014, 02:30:00 pm »

I thought this looked interesting, and I kind want to play it. Sadly I have mac.
Anyone know how to get this to run on mac? Thanks.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 26, 2014, 02:42:14 pm »

You are doing two things wrong here.  Expecting to be able to game on a Mac, and planning to buy this game.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 26, 2014, 02:45:39 pm »

You are doing two things wrong here.  Expecting to be able to game on a Mac, and planning to buy this game.

understatement. of. the. year.

Tell me, what can we, as a community, do to show you your better off with ANY OTHER TW GAME GAME? Self mutilation? A montage of the destroyed computers RTWII left in its wake? Maybe the a funny picture explaining the loss of my childhood happiness?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 26, 2014, 02:48:02 pm »

I thought this looked interesting, and I kind want to play it. Sadly I have mac.

I don't think the game is mac compatible, and it has some pretty hefty system requirements.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #491 on: January 26, 2014, 03:00:31 pm »

Honestly? I never ran into any real AI problems or game breaking bugs. I've seen videos, but never seen it in my games. The game works fine for me and is fun mechanically. From what I've played, it's a decent game.

It's just not a very good Total War game. It feels more like a Total War clone, like it was designed by people who only had a description of the Total War games and didn't understand what made them so enjoyable. On it's own merits, I genuinely do think this is a decent game. But I don't think it holds up in context of the series.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:09:31 pm by MorleyDev »

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 26, 2014, 05:47:17 pm »

If you never had any AI problems of game breaking bugs you obviously never played the release build :P

I think the best for me and my mate was... 8 turns before the game desynced playing multiplayer.
Magma is overrated.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 26, 2014, 08:38:22 pm »

I don't think the game is mac compatible, and it has some pretty hefty system requirements.

Yeah, while possible with older games, there's no way Rome 2 is going to run on modern Mac hardware.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 26, 2014, 09:07:39 pm »

Dual-boot Windows 7 or Windows 8 via Boot Camp.

Yeah, while possible with older games, there's no way Rome 2 is going to run on modern Mac hardware.

The Mac Pros that we've LAN'd Rome 2 on at work with maxed settings would beg to differ :P I also have buddies that play Rome 2 on iMacs and MacBook Pros, albeit not on maxed settings.

grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41