Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: What is the best...Film?  (Read 30120 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best...Fruit?
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2012, 03:29:22 pm »

Also, Vodka (which I usually hate) inside a melon is awesome, can't taste anything other than melon and you get completely pissed if you eat enough of it :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2012, 03:43:29 pm »

The nutritional value of apples is all in the peel, and no one eats that. Oranges, on the other hand, store all of their nutrition in the delicious, delicious fruit.

Oranges are the best, and nothing will ever change that.

I don't know who you are, that you don't eat the apple peel. I don't understand it.

Oranges are great, it's a fact, but they just don't match apples when it comes to versatility. Just like the humble potato, the apple is at home in almost any dish.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2012, 03:51:17 pm »

The nutritional value of apples is all in the peel, and no one eats that. Oranges, on the other hand, store all of their nutrition in the delicious, delicious fruit.

I don't know who you are, that you don't eat the apple peel. I don't understand it.

Oranges are great, it's a fact, but they just don't match apples when it comes to versatility. Just like the humble potato, the apple is at home in almost any dish.
According to my half-remembered French class six years ago, the word for "apple" is "pomme", while the word for "potato" is "pomme de terre" - basically translated into "apple of the earth".
So your comparison is more accurate than you might have known :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2012, 04:07:19 pm »

According to my half-remembered French class six years ago, the word for "apple" is "pomme", while the word for "potato" is "pomme de terre" - basically translated into "apple of the earth".

Works the same way in Austria: they call potatoes 'erdapfel'. Which means, quite literally, earth apple.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2012, 04:30:26 pm »

Guys, I was wrong

I was so wrong.

The Best Fuckin' Fruit in the world?

MIRACLE FRUIT

God yes. Amazing stuff.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2012, 04:53:36 pm »

So your comparison is more accurate than you might have known :D

See, I thought I remembered something like that from my high school German, but then I looked it up and saw that potato was "kartoffel". But then I remembered "pomme frittes" were french fries, so it all made sense again.

Apple of the earth is a really great name, too, just on its own.

MIRACLE FRUIT

I do not trust this... miracle fruit.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »

Miracle fruit is a kind of berry that messes with your taste buds and causes sour things to taste sweet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2012, 05:10:18 pm »

They actually did a study/show on the top 100 best fruits in the world based purely on nutrician.

Watermellons got in second I believe but I cannot remember what got first.

So I present

Watermellons!

SWALLOW THE SEEDS DANG IT!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2012, 05:11:20 pm »

NO THEY'LL GROW INSIDE ME
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »

NO THEY'LL GROW INSIDE ME
EMBRACE YOUR NEW MASTAHS

Watermelon is the boss!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2012, 05:46:16 pm »

Miracle fruit is a kind of berry that messes with your taste buds and causes sour things to taste sweet.

Yes, yes. The very reason for my distrust.

(It actually sounds amazing)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2012, 06:07:09 pm »

There's actually two kinds of miracle fruit. The other has... the exact opposite effect, strangely enough.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2012, 06:50:46 pm »

This thread has inspired me to go to the store and get one of every type of fruit I see.
Probably only seven at a time, weekly, so as to avoid anything going bad.
I have not experienced enough fruits.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2012, 06:51:54 pm »

I have not experienced enough fruits.
:D

None of us truly have~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 06:56:00 pm »

This question is too difficult. I like: bananas, apples, strawberries, mangos, oranges, and grapes the best. Oh and tomatoes of course.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28