Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 13)  (Read 15482 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 4)
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2012, 06:55:04 pm »

Mason looks down the cliff looking for a path down.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2012, 11:05:43 pm »

"We should wait here for a minute to ambush any reinforcements they may have called."
Ardan attempts to retrieve one or both bolts if possible.
Soaplent green is goblins!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 03:04:14 am »

"We should wait here for a minute to ambush any reinforcements they may have called."
"Huh. You's got a point 'ere. 'At way, we can get more loots!"
Bob hides in the bushes, dragging one of the dead goblins with him to use as an improvised throwing weapon.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 04:42:54 am »

Sneebus will gladly agree with the 'hide in ambush' plan, quickly stuffing whatever loot he'd managed to claim into his sack before finding a good hiding spot a little way from the others. Clutching his now-bloody fork in one hand, he will stifle his mad laughter at the prospect of more loot with the other.
>Finish looting, find hiding place a little way from the others to wait for any reinforcements.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 08:10:17 am »

"Ok...why don't we just get inside and hide the bodies? These bloodstains would be fairly, hmm, obvious?"

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41:43 am »

"Ok...why don't we just get inside and hide the bodies? These bloodstains would be fairly, hmm, obvious?"
" 'Ey can't see dem bodies when's they're dead!"
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2012, 07:28:15 am »

" 'Ey can't see dem bodies when's they're dead!"

Olaf turned to reply to the Dwarf-type, but then realized something.

Time.

"Right, right. I get yer point. Let's finish this fast, then. We'd not want to wade on high tides soon."

Get that Whistle, and any weapons that have a long reach on the goblins.

Get their boots, my size.

Actually, loot their clothes and store it in the backpack.

Then go hide along with the others in ambush, and try to discern who we're looking out for. Body figure, shape, weaponry...the like

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2012, 04:25:55 pm »

((Bump! :) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2012, 06:37:20 pm »

Turn 5

Check the goblins for loot.

These goblins were not especially well-equipped. The goblins were each dressed in ragged clothes, and had a single, blunt knife strapped to their waist. Both of the goblins had a whistle as well.

Get that Whistle, and any weapons that have a long reach on the goblins.

Get their boots, my size.

Actually, loot their clothes and store it in the backpack.

Olaf acquires a whistle and the goblin's shirts, pants and belts (they were not wearing anything on their feet).

>Attempt to claim the posessions of the goblin I stabbed, shoving anything of (possible) value into my sack. Whine if anyone else tries to take anything.
>Finish looting, find hiding place a little way from the others to wait for any reinforcements.

Sneebus obtains the other whistle and a blunt knife, then hides behind a bush.

Mason looks down the cliff looking for a path down.

Mason approaches the cliff. The path ends abruptly, and he peers over the steep edge. Many fist-sized crystals dot the cliff's surface. Down below, waves crash violently, and Mason's stomach sinks a little when he sees the opening of the Crystal Cave, a nondescript opening about fifteen feet down the rocky face. Mason can see a piece of rope hanging out of the cave's opening down below.

That's pretty fair to go down on a wet stone cliff. In other news, Mason's nose is looking lovely today.

Ardan attempts to retrieve one or both bolts if possible.

Roll to Search [3]
Ardan is able to successfully locate one of the bolts, though the other has disappeared among the crystals.

Bob hides in the bushes, dragging one of the dead goblins with him to use as an improvised throwing weapon.

Obtained one goblin corpse. Bob is now crouched behind the bushes, which easily hide his smallish self.

A few minutes have passed since the goblin's were slain, and no goblin reinforcements have yet arrived. It is doubtful that anyone more than thirty feet away could have heard the whistle over the crashing of the waves.

Spoiler: Inventories (click to show/hide)
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 5)
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2012, 06:45:30 pm »

((0-0 Yes that is a lovely nose.))
Mason saw the opening and sighed, it was never easy. Then an idea hit him in his large bulbus nose, he turned to the others and asked "Who has the rope? and who wants first loot pick?" he finishes with a flourish.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2012, 06:51:44 pm »

Sneebus's gnomish ears perked up at the mention of loot.
He popped out from his hiding spot, glancing cautiously around before patting the rope coiled around one shoulder.
"What's all this, then? Ya got loot for me?" He looked Mason over skeptically with his one eye. "What's the plan?"

((Apparently I'm incredibly impatient.  :-[ Sorry Flaming Dorf! Also, the picture reminds me of that easter egg in some WW2 FPS. I've forgotten which it was.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2012, 07:03:53 pm »

Mason speaks to everyone “The entrance to the cave is down that cliff” Which Mason gestures to “Whoever gets down there, and manages to get most of us down too, gets first pick of loot, when we first find it.” Mason slyly smiles, now his risk of dying had slightly decreased.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 07:23:10 pm »

Sneebus toddled over to the edge and glanced over, his wrinkly little eyebrows knitting together in consideration.
"Huh... Reckon mebbe I'll head down there first, find a way so's all you others can get down!"
He dropped the rope from his shoulder with a heavy thud and began uncoiling it. "Right, here, hang on ta this, yeh?" He grunted, nodding to the others as he knotted the rope around his waist and placed his 'trident' between his teeth. 'I always wanted to try this... Hope it works!'
>Tie self to one end of the rope, then tie the other end to the biggest, sturdiest looking person- probably Bob.
>Then take a running leap over the edge and swing/abseil into the cave, with fork held in teeth in readiness for dramatic effect.
Booze is Life for Yoink

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 07:30:39 pm »

Mason looked for somthing sturdy to tie the rope to so the loot hungry dogs, wouldn't sail off the cliff, keeping the fact he got second pick secret for now.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2012, 07:43:28 pm »

Thanen sighed at the presumptuousness of some of his mates. Stupidity to talk about first and second pick when every adventurer knew the rule was actually "who got the thing first and managed to keep it".
"Well, keep yer swingin' in ropes, I'm gonna search for another way."

The tall man then took Fletcher and started to look for a better spot to get to the cave.
"Ey boy, let's help me 'ere, would ya?"

Search for a safer entrance to the cave. If not possible, tie the rope to a stone and descend anyway.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10