Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 13)  (Read 15493 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 2)
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »

"You lot do whatcha want. I'll get 'round behind 'em just incase. So I can, uh, save ya's if they ain't so friendly."
>Sneebus grips his fork trident between his teeth and crawls stealthily on his stomach, breaking away from the group and trying to circle around behind the figures as the others talk to them or whatever.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2012, 06:23:28 am »

Bob gets ready to attack in case combat is inevitable.
(Sorry, lightning storm. Computer processor went boom, didn't have internet for a day (got a new modem today). Typing on mother's laptop, my computer is still shit. :< )
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 07:15:41 am »

"Well, if they're hostile in any way, I'm quite an uninteresting figure, if I do say so myself.

"I'll let my fists do the talking when it gets too...verbose."

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 11:28:50 pm »

Turn 3

Mason looks for a route to avoid confrontation.

Roll to Pathfind [6]
It appears to be possible to circumnavigate the figures altogether by hugging the cliff and ducking behind the giant crystals. However, your group would have to be very quiet to avoid detection, and hope that they do not decide to look your way.

Squint eyes and try to discern more of the figures. If they are aggressive, chop them in half.

Roll to Squint [3]
The figures appear roughly four feet tall, slightly hunched and garbed in ragged clothes. They do not look human, but it's hard to tell - the sun is shining right in Thanen's eyes. Fletcher sniffs the air in the direction of the figures and begins to growl quietly.

Examine the figures, if they appear armed and seem like hostile folk, don't call out. Look like a traveler.

Otherwise: Call out to them and try to get their aid.

Roll to Discern Hostility [4]
They appear to be guarding the caves. Olaf suspects that whoever is behind the crystal wackiness is most likely trying to keep meddling adventurers out, perhaps even employing violence to do so.

Ardan crouches behind a shrub and aims his crossbow at the closer figure.

Roll to Aim [1]
Ardan crouches behind the nearest bush and slides a bolt into his crossbow. Lifting it into his arms, he points it at the figures, aiming it at them with the utmost precision. Unfortunately, a large spider which had been relaxing in the shade of the bush (just enjoying its eight-legged little life) is perturbed by the sudden presence of Ardan and decides to bite his looming posterior, causing him to yelp quietly and pull the trigger on his crossbow. The bolt goes flying through the air and strikes the crystals behind the figures, who become alert and start searching the area around them. They still do not seem to have noticed the party.

Sneebus hits the dirt with a soft thump, apparently entering sneak mode. In reality, all that walking is bloody tough on his little gnome legs. He raises his eyebrows at the others before squinting over at the unknown figures.
>Sneebus grips his fork trident between his teeth and crawls stealthily on his stomach, breaking away from the group and trying to circle around behind the figures as the others talk to them or whatever.

Roll to Sneak Mode [4]
Sneebus creeps up on the figures, a trident-wielding assassin. Hiding behind a crystal, Sneebus realizes that the figures are in fact goblins - green-skinned, ill-tempered, rancid-breathed creatures of devious intent.
"It was probably just a seagull again," grumbles one to the other.
"Shut your trap, Erglob! It wasn't a seagull!"
"It better not be. My quiche is getting cold."

Bob gets ready to attack in case combat is inevitable.

Bob stands at the ready. He can tell right away that the figures are goblins. Neither dwarves nor ogres (nor any combination) get along with goblins.

Spoiler: Inventories (click to show/hide)
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 3)
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2012, 12:39:43 am »

Sneebus peered over at them from behind his rather shiny piece of cover. 'Goblins, eh? Guess the others'll be wanting to kill 'em.'
His thoughts immediately turned more practical. '...Maybe they have some good stuff.'
>Try to ascertain whether the goblins have any valuable stuff!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2012, 12:52:01 am »

Thanen pets Fletcher before going down to one knee and hefting Malice.
"Here boy. I think those figures there aren't up to good stuff as well. Can't tell what they are, though."

The man then looks at Ardan's posterior with a concerned look after hearing the yelp.
"What was that? Are ye hurt?"

If a fight erupts, the man makes use of his superior speed to close in the distance and deliver a half-spin axe swing to the neck of the goblin(s). If not, he prepares to execute the quick attack.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:54:31 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2012, 12:56:28 am »

"Looks like guards to me, ugly ones."

Olaf hefts the hammer in one arm, and flexes his muscles on the other.

Then charge up to the goblins and disarm//lockdown their weapons or appendages to subdue them. Use my pole to push one back and grapple the other one.

Aim for the solar plexus in punching.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2012, 12:59:50 am »

"Heh, heh, heh!" The gnome's face twisted into a leering grin as he chuckled softly to himself. "Looks like they be gettin' a nice surprise, 'ey?"
He whispered this, softly, whether to his trusty fork or some unseen voice in his head is hard to tell.

>If/When the rest of the party alert the goblins, Sneebus will use the distraction to creep up on them (the goblins) and shank the richest-looking one in the spine, before dragging them away to loot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2012, 03:06:30 am »

Having decided that all goblins deserve a good beating, Bob charges forward with the subtlety that only an ogre can manage.
"I's tired of you's goblin runts! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooom!"
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2012, 08:57:48 am »

Mason stops those who try to attack
"Look we can hug that cliff behind those crystals, they wont see us if we're quiet"Mason stops the attack and takes those who want it up the safe path.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2012, 03:44:52 pm »

((Sorry for forgetting to say beforehand I was going to be off at a family reunion. Also I decided on a color for my character's speech.))

"$^&(# spiders, with their &)@& webs and )@#) creeping and fangs..."
Ardan starts swearing about spiders, and tries to get his crossbow loaded again in time to shoot somebody.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »

Turn 4

Having decided that all goblins deserve a good beating, Bob charges forward with the subtlety that only an ogre can manage.
"I's tired of you's goblin runts! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooom!"

Roll to Assail [5]
Bob rushes upon the goblins with a booming cry. They look honestly surprised that they are being attacked by something very much non-seagull, and do not have time to prepare themselves for the attack. Bob's mighty SKULLSPLITTER removes the shorter goblin's arm in one swipe.

Short goblin : Roll to React [1] (Wait 3)
Tall goblin : Roll to React [2] (Wait 2)
((Damn, haha))

If a fight erupts, the man makes use of his superior speed to close in the distance and deliver a half-spin axe swing to the neck of the goblin(s). If not, he prepares to execute the quick attack.

Roll to Assail [6]
Thanen closes the distance between himself and the goblins quickly and beheads the shorter one with grace and speed! The crowd goes wild!

Ardan starts swearing about spiders, and tries to get his crossbow loaded again in time to shoot somebody.

Roll to Assail [4]
Ardan shoots the taller goblin in the left leg. He stumbles backwards.

Tall goblin : Roll to React [6]
Tall goblin : Roll to Toot [5]
The tall goblin takes a step back and pulls a small silver whistle from a pack at his side and blows on it, emitting a shrill noise which pierces through the sound of crashing waves and echoes throughout the crystals.

Olaf hefts the hammer in one arm, and flexes his muscles on the other.

Then charge up to the goblins and disarm//lockdown their weapons or appendages to subdue them. Use my pole to push one back and grapple the other one.

Aim for the solar plexus in punching.

Roll to Assail [4]
The goblin has been pinned down by Olaf's pole. He cries out and drops the whistle.

>Try to ascertain whether the goblins have any valuable stuff!
>If/When the rest of the party alert the goblins, Sneebus will use the distraction to creep up on them (the goblins) and shank the richest-looking one in the spine, before dragging them away to loot.

Roll to Assail [1]
Unfortunately, Sneebus is a bit late to the party, and all the goblins involved are now either dead or incapacitated. However, something does not quite click in his head, and he leaps heroically upon the goblin being pinned down and shanks him anyway. Now both of the goblins are dead.

Mason stops the attack and takes those who want it up the safe path.

Roll to Intervene [2]
Mason does not manage to convince the party not to attack, though the alternate path is quite scenic and he enjoys the walk over to where the others stand, covered in goblin blood and patting themselves on the back.

You are standing in a bit of a clearing in the crystals, with a thin trail behind where the two goblins were standing leading between two of the largest crystals and down beyond the edge of the cliff. An old sign, no doubt erected long ago, reads "Danger!" in large, blocky letters.

Spoiler: Inventories (click to show/hide)
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 4)
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2012, 03:54:20 pm »

Thanen lets out a low whistle as he examines the damage they caused to the goblins. Nice handiwork on their part, eh?
"Well, let's see if these runts had anything worth keepin'."

Check the goblins for loot.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2012, 06:04:04 pm »

Olaf looked at the goblins, then at the ruthlessness of his teammates with a mixture of admiration and disgust.

"We could've interrogated them, y'know. They seemed like the guard-types."

Get that Whistle, and any weapons that have a long reach on the goblins.

Get their boots, my size.

Actually, loot their clothes and store it in the backpack.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2012, 06:30:58 pm »

Sneebus grunted, scowled and hurriedly attempted to drag the goblin he'd recently stabbed a short distance away, in a feeble attempt to claim whatever loot it had. "'Ey, this one's mine! I saw 'em first!"
>Attempt to claim the posessions of the goblin I stabbed, shoving anything of (possible) value into my sack. Whine if anyone else tries to take anything.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10