Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 13)  (Read 15445 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 7)
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2012, 01:26:04 am »

Olaf gave the group a one-over, looks like they were complete.

"Right, lads. Time to finish this quest! Whoever has any wood and flint and steel, let's improvise torches.

Whoever has the candle, save it till later."

His gaze leveled on Thanen, "Would it be possible to borrow yer grappling hook, Thanen?"

Begin the venture in the cave.

((Ninja Cael.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2012, 05:52:25 am »

Sneebus stooped to catch his breath, grunted at Thanen's remark and briefly considered shoving one of these annoying twerps- probably Mason- over the edge before dismissing the idea. 'Couldn't decide who to shove over if I was going to. Besides, they're bigger than me... No prizes for guessing who'd end up worse-for-wear.'

He settled for a scowl instead, then hastened fowards, gripping his trusty fork in one hand, stolen dagger in the other. He wasn't in the mood to put up with any more lip. "C'mon, buttock-heads! We's got work ta do!"
He squinted through the darkness as he advanced. He couldn't quite remember why they were here, again, but he was pretty sure it involved valuables. That was enough for him.

>Advance! For loot! If anything jumps out at me, I will stab it! Before retreating back behind my companions, of course.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:54:40 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2012, 06:23:39 am »

Mason decides to level with the group "By the way guys I have to confess somthing"he said"I lied about the loot I just wanted you guys to hurry up"
Mason dodges any attacks to horribly maim him, ang by himself walks between group 1 and 2.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2012, 08:22:47 am »

Being the "strong man" of the group, Bob lights a torch and enters the cave, walking in front of the party to defend the others if it is needed.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2012, 10:11:33 pm »

"Sticking together sounds good, though preferably not somewhere underneath the others next time. The... whatever he is is rather heavy."
Ardan follows the group down the tunnel.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2012, 01:18:44 am »

Turn 8

The group proceeds down the passage, winding downwards into the earth and twisting and turning, sometimes growing steeper and more rocky, requiring careful footwork to avoid slipping, and occasionally passing by murky pools of salt water with no visible bottom. The crystals are numerous here, growing off every available surface and ranging in size from very small to very large. The crystals also appear to be much more vibrantly colored here, taking on an array of bright hues ranging from sky blue to purple to a deep crimson. There is a faint hum, a hissing of energy, almost imperceptible at times, which seems to eminate from the cave itself.

Eventually, after what seems to be an eternity, the tunnel opens up suddenly into a large cavern about sixty feet wide and twenty feet high. The majority of the room is taken up by a deep, clouded pool, bridged by a thin bridge of what appears to be viscous, grey substance. To the left and the right of the bridge are a series of large crystals, all approximately two or three feet tall. Your torches do not extend to what is beyond the bridge, but you can hear faint footsteps growing louder, and a passage outlined by flickering light. It seems someone (or a group of someones) are coming.

Spoiler: Inventories (click to show/hide)
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 8)
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2012, 01:31:44 am »

Thanen rose his eyebrows before whispering hurriedly to the rest.
"Someone's coming, lads! I think we could hide behind the crystals and ambush them if they're hostile."

Hide behind the crystals and extinguish the torch's flame, trying to see what is coming our way.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:36:12 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2012, 01:35:06 am »

Sneebus shrugged. He was in a foul (well, fouler than usual) mood after trudging through these empty caves, the shiny crystals just taunting him over the lack of valaubles. He was just considering trying to break one off to sell later when Thanen spoke.
"Works fer me."

>Hide behind the crystals(and my larger party members), readying my trident for some stabbin' once the potential threat comes into view.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2012, 01:46:11 am »

"Right. We may want to sample some crystals later on."

Hide with the rest, if spotted, attempt diplomatic traveler dialogue!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2012, 07:24:47 am »

"Yes we have to hise come on"
Get behind crystal, On right side, If have a chance attempt to slice a portion of with my bladed staff.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2012, 08:30:41 am »

Ardan hides along with the group, and watches the strange bridge to see if anything happens when whoever is approaching crosses it.
Soaplent green is goblins!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2012, 09:30:09 am »

Bob hides behind the crystals with the others.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2012, 02:04:48 am »

Turn 9

Extinguishing the flame, the intrepid adventures duck behind the crystals before half a dozen goblins emerge from the other passage. Two of them hold torches are search the immediate area, peering nervously into the murky depths, while the others huddle in a small circle and converse in their fast, high-pitched voices. They appear to be settling something, perhaps a dispute - they each take turns drawing straws until one of them emits a shrill yell and starts shaking. The other goblins grab him.

Goblin - Roll to Grapple [3]
Goblin - Roll to Grapple [2]

Goblin - Roll to Escape [5]

The goblin breaks free and stumbles backwards, but the other two have him cornered.

Goblin - Roll to Grapple [2+1]
Goblin - Roll to Grapple [6+1]
Goblin - Roll to Escape [1]

The poor goblin is then tossed by the two goblins holding him into the water, where he lands with a splash and proceeds to panic and struggle. Oh dear. The other goblins start to shamble off from whence they came, chattering and glancing back nervously into the cavern.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 9)
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2012, 02:19:18 am »

"Uh oh," Sneebus grunted, his single beady eye taking in the scene, "Reckon there's sumfin' bad in 'at water."
He glanced over at the others. "Ya reckon we should be gettin' out've here, or mebbe fish 'at fella out?"
Sneebus wasn't displaying kindness, however. He was rather more pragmatic.
"Ya can't nick their stuff if they's underwater gettin' ate, after all."
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 9)
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2012, 07:30:52 am »

Olaf cupped his hands and decided to whisper in his best tone to the others.

"Hows about I leave everything I brought with you guys, one of you using that goblin whistle, and I vault over that nice precipice there?

"Or we can save the goblin..."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10