Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244955 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2013, 07:24:13 am »

I actually just barely got a Pressure Point mod last night.
Melee is going *puts on sunglasses* smashingly well.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2013, 07:41:35 pm »

Is anyone interested in a bay12 clan or some void missions runs because A: I can't do the void runs solo and B: the new pricing system will let use make a dojo without insane grinding.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2013, 08:21:24 pm »

I wouldn't mind having a Bay12 clan to run with!

Hmm... May have just created a Bay 12 Clan. Currently crafting dojo key.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:32:36 pm by Knave »

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:48 pm »

Alright just so you know I have 8 or so formas rotting around if you need any to build stuff.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2013, 02:43:49 pm »

All right so if anyone is still playing this I'm going to start a clan if you want in sent a friend to Lightforger22 in game and I will invite you after the key is done I have enough formas to get a research lab going right off the bat. Also what do you guys want the name to be as bay 12 is taken.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2013, 09:11:59 pm »

Alright if anyone is playing at this just post your warframe name in the thread and I will send you a invite I got all the labs up and running for the clan and research for energy weapon is going on right now.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2013, 12:17:42 am »

I know it's a little hypocritical say now but....

Man they nerfed THE FUCK out of the costs for building. I'm running a 10 person? clan, and I can afford to build everything myself with oodles of mats left over (after dropping $30 on platinum so I don't have to farm for eternity to earn Forma, something I said I wouldn't do. ><)

I mean, I wasn't playing enough as it is to meet tough reqs. But 1500 credits to build something? I have 500,000. 1050 alloy? I've got 30k. I guess in the end it doesn't really matter, but a two person clan can build everything without even specifically farming for it (other than the Forma.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2013, 01:39:42 am »

All right so if anyone is still playing this I'm going to start a clan if you want in sent a friend to Lightforger22 in game and I will invite you after the key is done I have enough formas to get a research lab going right off the bat. Also what do you guys want the name to be as bay 12 is taken.

I think there is a Bay 12 group already, hence the name is taken, yeah?
I got nothing

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2013, 06:26:26 am »

So this game seems pretty sweet. Ingame name is Jelletje, feel free to invite me to the bay 12 group.

I completed all the mercury missions but now I seem to be stuck on the first venus one. Completed it about 4 times but the proceeding ones remain locked, what gives? It completed normally now, bizarre...
Also, how do I unlock my powers?

Finally warframe reccomendations! I took mag as starting frame, the trinity, saryn and nyx seem interesting as well. I prefer high accuracy weaponry with high skill ceiling, if that's relevant.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:04:47 am by Jelle »

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2013, 12:09:56 pm »

You should have cards for them in your warframe mods section.  If you don't, then you'll have to farm them.  Or DE has a secondary skilling system for new players.  Once you get enough affinity points on your frame, you should be able to equip them.

Pretty much everyone has a rhino, frost, or vauban.  Rhino is absolutely fantastic, best generalist frame in-game imo.  Frost is broken for grineer and corpus missions.  Vauban is broken for infested missions.  All the frames you like are GRRLS!  But they're all good.  The only frame I would suggest not even building to try is banshee.  Godawful health and shield stats and skills that are effectively useless in defense and non-stealth missions.  Even in stealth, you can take loki instead.  You might want to wait on frost if you find groups to do void missions with; there's a frost prime frame in the void.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2013, 01:13:50 pm »

Well that's precisely it.  For sonar to be great, you need to get lucky and have the point be somewhere you can even shoot.  Meanwhile, other frames have CC and damage skills that can clear or stall entire rooms.  Maybe I'd like her if I potato'd the frame, but her skills are too situational for me to bother with when I only have 2 other frames.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2013, 06:41:01 pm »

Mind adding me on the Bay12 group? Name is micelus.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2013, 06:57:01 pm »

Invites send if any of you want to do arid fear missions clan or not, send a whisper to me I have some keys laying around.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2013, 06:58:58 pm »

Personally, I prefer the melee Warframes like Excalibur, Ash or Rhino. As was said, their abilities are effective at clearing whole waves of guys and/or helping you stay alive.

That said, all the caster classes (except maybe Mag) synergize really well with the group, and I think they're almost necessary to do Defense Missions beyond Wave 15. I suppose they maybe fixed it by now, but I watched a Nyx literally mind control an entire wave of Infested on Wave 15. We just sat back and watched all the Ancients beat the shit out of each other while we had to literally do nothing.

So yeah, in terms of personal performance I think the Melee frames are superior. (With Excalibur being the easiest to use and the having the most straightforward, straight up damage abilities.) In terms of group performance, the Caster frames are better.

I prefer high accuracy weaponry with high skill ceiling, if that's relevant.

This has almost zero to do with Warframes and pretty much everything to do with Weapon choice. Warframes and their powers are weapon-agnostic; their powers and statistics do not synergize with your weapon choice hardly at all. Sure, Loki is useful for people who like sniping because you can pop invis and shoot without being bothered. Or using Banshee and a Sniper weapon (although it sounds like it's highly random whether or not get you the full benefit out of it.) And yes, most of the Caster Warframes (except Frost and a specific way to play Trinity) are more flimsy so you can't play as recklessly.

But generally all powers do one thing that has no bearing on shooting your gun. And weapon choices aren't restricted by Warframe.

My "high accuracy, high skill ceiling" friend prefers the Lex as his main weapon. It's basically a hand cannon that does ridiculous damage on crit, but you have to pick your shots and be methodical. Powers.....they just don't work like that. The only real "skill" in using powers is say, Excalibur's Super Jump. It requires skill to use right because the jump trajectory is so silly that you'll often misjudge where you need to jump from, making the whole exercise pointless. MOST powers don't require a great deal of aiming, timing or judgment on when to use them. Half of them are AOEs, self-guided or self buffs. There's usually your "Cheap" 25 Power ability that's meant to be spammed (Pull for Mag I think, Slash Dash for Excalibur, Shuriken for Ash.) Then you typically have 1 to 2 utility powers. (Smoke Bomb, Teleport for Ash, Radial Blind and Super Jump for Excalibur.) Then you'll have an ultimate that will take most of your power for some big, AoE damage effect. (Blade Storm for Ash, Radial Javelin for Excalibur, and typically whatever crazy AoE powers the Caster frames are packing.)

The Warframes are all very balanced, in the context of PvE where they all kickass in their own highly specific way.

The Warframe you probably don't want to play is Excalibur, as their powers are very straightforward, require little skill and truly, Slash Dash is the only power worth equipping IMO. Straight damage to all targets in a 30x5 meter radius, you just pass through bad guys AND you're invulnerable? It basically renders Radial Blind useless for anything but rezzing, because Slash Dash does damage, hits everything in a path bar nothing and can be spammed to get you out of trouble in a flash.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:44:08 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »

Sure. People hardly play. The clan was formed in a whirlwind of two weeks when everyone is playing. But there's still a couple people doing things and a nice clan hall with all the research.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 133