Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: The HARDCORE RTD II: Turn 12 (Join Fast Any Time) 24 Deaths and counting!  (Read 22552 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Now that my time powers are quite ill, it's time for them to pay the bill. I think that this plane needs to chill, maybe, this will spin it on a dime, I make part of this world enter bullet time.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:49:58 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Now that my rhyming skill is at the level of ill, looks like it's about time for this time bubble to pay the bill.
Protect me from everything, from noises quite shrill, to even a slime to the grill. In other words, make sure I don't take a spill!
I'm... not sure what you mean there. You do know you get to take a god action now right? Is it... to make yourself invincible? Typically gods just stop existing in the worthless plane of mortals, but, I guess you could hang around if you really want to.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

((I thought I had one last turn as a pitiful mortal.))

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, IIRC you've survived three turns- one to erect your time sphere, one growing a leg, and one getting rid of two extra legs. Yer in the clear! You can still create another character if you want to.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Now there's room I guess I'll rejoin,
Prep yourself for Gimli Son of Groin.

Name: Gimli
Skill: Axedorfery
Item: MY AXE
Background: Gimli is a dorf.  He has an axe.  He will become a god or die trying!
Action: Chop down a tree.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:44:03 am by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((So we have to rap.))

"Curse this fate," Talwar said as he raised his sword to the skies. "If you have any mercy, O Gods. Bless my sword to safeguard my life!"

"Rap it out, yo!"

"W-..." *Audible sigh*

O dear Gods, come hear my call
Bless mine sword to smite them all
May my voice reach unto thine ears above
And bring down intervention, in the name of love!

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

Huh. Things all went to shit pretty quickly there didn't they?  :P
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed. The whole reason I started the first Hardcore RTD was because I was sick of having people languishing in the waiting lists, actually.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

What's a cat without bitches?
He ain't got no pride
Time to look cool and vicious
And get ladies by his side
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Name: Bobbyly Dob
Skill: Backflipping
Item: A bag of socks
Background: No one knows about this man he appears and all goes to shit...For him.
Action:
A rhyme you ask
This is no easy task
Perform a backflip shall I
Hope I don't get stabbed in the eye.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just want to clarify that a freestyle was not a necessary part of the rule. The only explicit instruction was the use of a witty simile or metaphor. Freestyles and other rap related actions were just encouraged as an alternative.  Sorry if I was not clear enough. I did not want to create a rule that would disrupt the play of the game by constraining the players too much.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile

I loved the first hardcore RTD.  I'll recycle my character from, it.
Name:BunnyBob
Skill:Killing
Item:Razor-Sharp carrot
Background:A sentient , murdrerous rabbit. That's pretty much it.

BunnyBob will kill the nearest thing at random. (yo)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 5

So yeah I guess re-reading the pretext to the last turn I did make it sound like you have to rhyme. Yeah, nominally throwing in a "yo" should cut it. Not that rhyming is discouraged. Also, as of this writing, I'm waiting on god actions from EveryZig and Flintus10.

...hey kids, what time is it? That's right, BULLET TIME! *whoooosh*

Remalle - Gimli, Son of Groin: You never did know whose groin you originated from, but you learned axedwarfship from your father, the best drinker in all the west. In his tradition you take axe to wood, chopping down trees just as he taught you. (6+1) You chop down the tree just fine. Nay, with a single strike. It slowly falls and the trunk cracks open to reveal MURDEROUS SWARMS OF MAN EATING BEETLES. (4) You use your stubby little dwarf legs to move out in the field a little ways, DIVE AWAY IN BULLET TIME WHOOOOSH putting a little burning grass between yourself and the bugs.

Tiruin - Talwar: You call upon the gods to bless your weapon! Not sure why everybody likes this gambit, but OK. (3) The gods bless your weapon just a little, out of pity mostly. Incidentally, you are attacked by a swarm of killer beetles. (3) You run, but they're close behind!

IronyOwl - Akar: You strut your lion-u stuff and wave your mane (in bullet time whoosh, it's like Baywatch). (4) Your sheer animal majesty attracts the attention of some birds and small mammals (the ones who aren't currently dead from drinking from the pond or being eaten by beetles) to follow you a sort of congregation. A totally sweet congregation of animal kingdom bitches.

anailater - Bobbyly Dob: Attention audiences! Sir Bobbyly Dob will now perform his signature trick! A backflip- while holding a bag of deadly socks! Can he make it? (1+1) Oh no! He's STABBED OUT BOTH OF HIS EYES WITH THE SHARP DEADLY SOCKS, making him completely blind! Will he ever recover his career from this grotesque injury?

BunnyBob77 - BunnyBob: You brandish your razor-sharp carrot, and swing it randomly. (5+1) By a miracle you exterminate an entire swarm of deadly flesh-eating beetles, by individual blows. There are no longer any beetles in the immediate vicinity, except the ones that are still chasing some fellow wearing a bloody elephant skin.

Huh, I feel like everybody's turn is slightly shorter than it should be. Guess I'm just out of the groove today. WOOOOSH! Quality assurance will assure more quality next time. Also, nobody died. What even is this. You people and your plus-ones.

Scottsman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Name: WarglGarbl
Item: IRS form
Skill: Madness
Background: An entity composed largely of madness. Still thinks tax codes are weird.
Gibber incoherently at nearest sentient.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Gimli grins, brandishes his axe,
He finds the nearest person and hacks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12