Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: The HARDCORE RTD II: Turn 12 (Join Fast Any Time) 24 Deaths and counting!  (Read 22531 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The HARDCORE RTD II: Turn 1 (Join Fast Any Time)
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 10:30:36 pm »

This was going perfectly, her weapon would now be totally lucky.

Smooth.

Keep vigil, attack anything that tries to lure me into any trap.

If not, she begins memorizing the landscape and examines her surroundings.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 10:57:58 pm »

-A NAME: Glorp
-A GENDER: N/A (Gelatinous cube)
-ONE SKILL: Dissolving organic matter
-ONE ITEM: An iron dagger floating in the middle of Glorp
-A BACKGROUND: The dungeon's supply of adventurers seems to have died out for some reason, so Glorp left.
-Your FIRST ACTION: Ooze around aimlessly
Soaplent green is goblins!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 11:44:36 pm »

Heal myself. That alligator shall witness my Lord's awesome power and be converted!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 12:27:04 am »

-A NAME: Steve
-A GENDER: Male
-ONE SKILL: Amateur Magic
-ONE ITEM: Trick Deck of cards (The trick is that it explodes.)
-A BACKGROUND: Steve was never accepted by mainstream magician society and so has created a plan to ascend to godhood and show them what true amateur magic is all about.
-Your FIRST ACTION: Find an elephant and make it disappear.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 07:30:26 am »

-A NAME: Gertrude
-A GENDER: Female
-ONE SKILL: Axe-wielding
-ONE ITEM: A steel axe
-A BACKGROUND: Gertrude is the first female lumberjack grandmaster, and recently learnt that her disciple Beatrix was slain by a renegade mollusc lumberjack who professed to follow the Way of The Wrong Axe. Gertrude has set out to seek revenge and enforce the will of the Right Axe, thereby restoring harmony to nature.
-Your FIRST ACTION: Axificate the nearest sentient being with my axe!

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 10:27:35 am »

As the shutter shades of freshness slid through its incorporeal form, the vaporous Wraith of Swag realized that it was now so fly that it was literally a hovering spectre capable of flight.  Its mad flow had improved exponentially, due to the flowing nature of its wispy ethereal existence.

Severing the spirit from the physical sphere had made it more powerful than the simpleminded MC had ever imagined was possible. As the Ghost of Gangsta, the Wraith of Rhyme, the Spectre of Swagger, the former MC finally had a close enough connection to the afterlife to commune with the greatest power of all.

"Hear me, BASED GOD, and grant my request for infinite swagger, so that I may stunt upon all whom attempt to catch me riding dirty"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:33:02 am by agentorangesoda »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 03:42:56 pm »

Turn 2

Wow, I sure do see the same people in my RTDs a lot. Do you guys just play every single RTD or do I have a fanbase? Heh. Anyway, in the spirit of good fun, I'm not going to set any hard and fast rules, but could you in general refrain from making a character just like another character you had immediately after it died? On the same note, if it's busy, I'd generally like it if you waited a turn or two after dying to make another character. Again, not a hard and fast rule, but it makes things easier.

Imakuni - Mikael Philps: You promptly jump in the pond and begin swimming laps. (2+1) You are nearly bitten by the alligator lurking in the water, but you're too fast. After several strong, glistening, shiny laps, the alligator goes back to lurking dejectedly. There's not really any ladies around, but the birds and other small animals drinking from the pond are impressed. Somehow though you feel less awesome, as if your awesome were drained to another place. But you shrug it off.

Nirur Torir - Juan: You're on fire, but, that's no obstacle for Science, right? You begin to gather sticks from the trees. (1) The trees catch on fire, and so do your sticks. In fact, you're quite so much on fire that you just up and DIE. No matter how much wishful thinking you apply, death (your own anyway) is an obstacle for Science. Your legacy does go on though: you've gathered enough sticks to make a very large fire of yourself, which begins spreading to the dry grass at an alarming (to someone not already dead) rate.

Remalle - Robert: You realize that baskets are simply not enough of a challenge for you. You conspire to weave an entire suit of grass, and what a glorious suit it will be! (2) However, when you go to gather grass, all of the grass is ON FIRE. Determined to finish your task, you ignore the pain of grabbing burning grass and take it underwater with you, BURNING YOUR HANDS HORRIBLY before extinguishing the flames. You're underwater, and you've got grass now, but your hands aren't much good.

IronyOwl - Salwir: Another hideous mollusk creature climbs out of the pond. Like the last one, this one is also you. Don't think about it too hard. Now above water, you seek to empower yourself by taming a vicious land beast. (4) Fleeing from fire, a lion has come close to the water. The beast, able to smell your Awesome Pheromones, knows that you are a creature of the water. In exchange for access to the safety of your domain, it will serve you. You mount the beast.

Spinal Taper - Pime Taradox: (4) Whatever a time-sphere is, you erect it. For the time being you use it to ensure that no grass catches on fire within your small sphere of influence. Somewhat without warning, your left leg vanishes.

Tiruin - Fortuna: You keep vigil. You see that a grass fire is starting by the pond, and in the distance, there are elephants stampeding towards you. (1) In a very brief stroke of pants-on-head retarded reasoning, you figure that the elephants are trying to lure you into their stampede, and rush to attack them. Though your valiant weapon slays a few elephants, this only angers the herd and you are SQUASHED INTO A PANCAKE, just like in Tom & Jerry, but with blood everywhere.

EveryZig - Glorp: Being a gelatinous creature with very little mental faculties, you do what you do best: Ooze! (6) And damn, do you ooze good. You ooze over some corpses, growing in size. Then you ooze straight into a lumberjack. Uh oh, this one's a fighter! It manages to cut a bit of you off with its axe. Probably a good time to work on that flesh dissolving stuff...

HmH - Nathan: (6+1) You chant. You shake your staff. You HEAL! Your leg grows back, as strong as it ever was. You even convert the alligator to a follower of your healing magic (it figures it can get lots of free legs). This isn't entirely true though, you saw another gentleman's leg vanish. Not that you're going to tell him why.

Flintus10 - Steve: You're determined to show off your shit. Defiantly, you march to the stampede of elephants. (4) You throw a trick card at one of the elephants and it completely disappears (in a burst of guts)! (4) You manage to avoid the few elephants still stampeding.

lawastooshort - Gertrude: You stand for a moment, trying to choose a sentient being to axificate. Without warning, a giant slime suddenly oozes over you! (4) You take a good swing with your axe, still suspended in good, and manage to remove a chunk of the slimy creature, but you aren't free yet!

agentorangesoda - MC Fly Money: "Hear me, BASED GOD, and grant my request for infinite swagger, so that I may stunt upon all whom attempt to catch me riding dirty!" (6) The GREAT BASED ONE hears your call, and you gain Swagger. The damned souls of the darkened place watch in awe. The Dark Prince takes one step back and, dons his aviator shades and bites his lip. You think -for a moment- that you saw fear in his un-veiled eyes. "Give up!" he says, "This Throne of Inferno is the product of all my Swagger, I cannot be wrested from it!"
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: The HARDCORE RTD II: Turn 2 (Join Fast Any Time)
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 03:44:41 pm »

"Ah, bloody hell! Moi leg! Which one of you wankahs did that?"
Revert the passage of time to restore my leg.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:27:26 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 03:50:28 pm »

Ride THE AQUALION to display my glory!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 03:56:44 pm »

Ingest the ooze, thereby taming it!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 04:22:25 pm »

"FEAR NOT, brave man! I shall INFLICT my Lord's GRIEVOUS BLESSINGS upon your WRETCHED BODY!"

Turn the Crippled Gentleman into a Legzilla.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 05:05:57 pm »

It was all leading up to this. The final moment that would determine whether this genuinely fresh to death swaggermancer would ascend to OG glory or be lost to the sands of rhyme. With this new power invested in him from the most holy and transcendent Based God, the appropriate chants and incantations of the unique sealing spell of the dark prince flowed delicately into his mind and off of his tongue.

"Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a REALM CALLED INFERNO

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys, they were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in THE PLANE OF INFERNO"

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
License plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to THE EVER IMMOLATING FLAMES OF INFERNO!

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby "Yo, homes smell you later!"
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the DARK PRINCE OF THE LIVING HELL KNOWN AS INFERNO

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 05:38:55 pm »

Use my incredible weaving skills to repair my hands!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 07:13:33 pm »

Use the energy from my dagger to restore my life essence...

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 07:22:32 pm »

Challenge alligator to race, to get my spirits up. Fail to notice burning surroundings.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12