Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: The HARDCORE RTD II: Turn 12 (Join Fast Any Time) 24 Deaths and counting!  (Read 22551 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

My eye, My eye!
My blood tastes like pie!
do we still have to rhyme
I'll commit a petty crime.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Curse ye beetles!"
Talwar roared.
He faced down the scum,
And brought down his sword!

His fate as a guardsman,
Was up to will and fate;
He thus knew now,
That it won't be too late.

The bargain was struck,
The deal was done,
It was time for redemption,
And a tinge of FUN.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

Glorp descends from the heavens to eat a random character! They may escape by rolling, but hatin will do them no good.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

do we still have to rhyme
No not really. Just a tiny rap reference will do. Even just a "yo". It's forgetting it entirely that's dangerous...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Dance, yo. All my groupies get in on this too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn when BunnyBob posts. Also, Flintus10 still has an unused god action.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

William Shakespeare:
Item: Quill pen
Skill: Wordplay
Background: The greatest playwright of all time now seeks godhood.

Beware, for William shakes near
If you speak english, you best feel fear,
for first he writes a poem
and the world quakes when he shows 'em

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile

BunnyBob will tame some of the local wildlife to be his minions, dawg.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 6

Whew, almost lost my update-a-day streak there. I've been doing better than the last game, so far. Still waiting on Flintus10's god action. Speaking of god actions, it's interesting to see how the pattern of actions is very different with this game than the last one. Before people mostly chose to change rules regarding ascension, now we've got a post rule and even a one-off action, which is a very different flavor.

Scottsman - WarglGarbl: You blink into existence from the realm that God forgot (or a realm that God's lesser friends trashed in a wild party). You are mass of ever-changing body parts, writhing and making noises constantly. You sort of roll, happenstance-like, into the way of a man with a sword wearing an elephant's skin. (4+1) At that particular moment, not that you intend to, you happen to be gibbering quite loudly. This happens to annoy the bloke quite a lot, and it'll have to do, even though you feel like someone wearing a full set of tailored clothes has more need for disorder than he does. Before you form a mouth capable of apologizing, you're already starting to roll in a different direction... but wait! You FORGOT TO RAP. This has ANGERED THE RAP GODS. (2) A beam of pure FACE MELTING AWESOME shoots up from a crack in the ground and melts every part of you that happens to be a face at the time, REDUCING YOUR MASS CONSIDERABLY.

Remalle - Gimli, Son of Groin: You see a man just sort of picking at a tree with his fingers. Well, that's not how you cut a tree down! You saunter over to him and say, "Hey, let ME show you how to cut down a tree!" (6+1) ...and you chop him cleanly in half with your axe. The vertical way. Not that you actually meant to show him how to chop down a tree or anything; that was a mercy execution for being so hopelessly incompetent at cutting down trees. Back in the day, your father beat you for less. Well actually he never cut you in half vertically with an axe for anything, but he sure threatened to a lot. Thanks to the Bullet Time you've had time to think about this before an errant RAZOR SHARP SOCK falls down and from the man you just violently chopped and GOUGES YOUR LEFT EYE OUT! Good thing it wasn't the whole bag huh?

anailater - Bobbly Dob: After your sudden fall from acrobatic stardom because of the disfiguring injury you suffered in your last show, you decide to turn to a life of poor behavior and misdemeanors. At least, that seems to be what everybody else in your position does. What you really need is some drugs, but since you don't have any you commit VANDALISM. In sheer unadulterated criminal glee at your new plan, you hobble over to where you remember some trees being until you bump into one (you're still quite blind) and start trying to carve "BOBBLY DOB WAS HERE" in the bark with your nails. Suddently SOMETHING KILLS YOU. You don't know what happened, but you do know that you are DEAD.

Tiruin - Talwar: Enough of this running from the forces of nature! You are no coward, you are a GUARD! It is your place to walk along clean, whitewashed towers of order and human might, to make secure the bastions of civilization from pests, predators and parasites. You stop in your tracks and turn on the swarm of hungry, flesh eating beetles, waiting for them to reach you. But wait! Your attention is redirected to a HIDEOUS GIBBERING MASS OF CHAOTIC FLESH! It captivates your attention for a good several seconds before sort of rolling away. (3-1) You defeat the swarm of beetles with your sword, even though they've been nibbling at your ankles for a little while now. In fact you're bleeding pretty bad... but, it doesn't matter. You've made it this long, in the wilderness with only your sword, that won't stop you. You are TALWAR, THE SURVIVOR, a patron deity to all who would bring order to the wilderness.

IronyOwl - Akar: That's right. You're that freakin' cool. Time for a song and dance number. You stand upon a high rock, wherever you found one, and your other animal follows bow to you in procession, for you are AKAR, KING OF THE JUNGLE, most powerful of all the lions, slayer of giant mollusks and elephants. You are the greatest of all the animals, and you know what? That includes those snobby bipeds that think the ability to huddle under straw shacks and wave sticks at things makes them better.

Spinal_Taper - William Shakespeare: You are the great poet Sir William Shakespeare, a 600 born in Europe, but have come all the way to the Savanna, this alien world, seeking inspiration. It is apparently, a world of dancing animals, black and smouldering grasses, poisonous waters, bloodshed, bizarre horrendous monsters, and animals that can dance. It is very different indeed from the few travelers' accounts you have read of this region. This whole time you have been watching from a safe distance, pensively musing on the events that have transpired before you. Now, you set pen to paper. You write a poem (1) and when you open your mouth, you inhale a rather large fly and CHOKE TO DEATH. What a twist! Completely without any subtly or foreshadowing, you muse, much unlike your considerably better plays. Oh well, at least your death won't be a catalyst for all of your relatives to start killing each other.

BunnyBob77 - BunnyBob: When Akar vanishes to the greater cosmic plane to join the Pantheon of the gods, his animal followers are suddenly left without an immediate leader. (6) With nobody potentially willing to lead them, they turn to you. Sure, you're a biped, but at least you're kind of animal-like. You now have a newfound potential cult in your name. Things seems to be going smoothly until A VENGEFUL DIVINE GELATINOUS OOZE FROM THE HEAVENS DESCENDS TO EARTH TO KILL YOU. (2)vs(2) You barely escape, but all of your fur has dissolved. You are now HIDEOUS LIKE A NAKED MOLE RAT.

Now that's better. IronyOwl and Tiruin both get god actions, as well as Flintus10 (I'm trying to decide if it should expire eventually). With 3 rule changes/actions, things could sure change suddenly. So, hang on to your underwear!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In attempting to deal with a 504 error, I double posted, and only noticed just now. Oh my!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:38:28 am by Sensei »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"In hoc signo tenebras vinces. Perseverantia habet mercedem." Talwar said, clasping both hands on the hilt of his sword.

God Action: On a 1, the player won't die, but the preceding roll will be a -1. If it is a 1 or lower, then bad consequences will happen.

2s are not affected in both ways.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:46:27 am by Tiruin »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Name: Johnny momma
Skill: Pistols
Item: A Pistol
Background: A gang member who likes to kill people.
Action:
Yo im a gangsta
You know its true
With this pistol in my hand
I will murder you
(Shoot random person)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile

BunnyBob will have his cult destroy that slime, because there's no way it can rhyme.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

After killing a guy
I feel pretty fly
Now let's use that axe of mine
To ascend to the sky.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

After tasting a piece of the strange rabbit creature, Glorp feels inclined to kill things. He rains acid globs from the sky like a drive-by shooting. (Rolls to hit each mortal, but they have +1 to dodge.)
Soaplent green is goblins!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12