Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: My love for Bay12  (Read 14246 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: My love for Bay12
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2012, 01:39:28 pm »

Oh, I see now. My 'owned by natives' comment was in reference to the 'poofs' comment by penguinofhonor. Although now that I know we are actually on completely different rails now, how many Americans speak the native language of the land? You know, Cherokee? Or Sioux? Blackfoot? Shit, and we bitch about people speaking spanish here.

Every language other than english pseudo-english ghettospeak have been driven out really. Spanish is the only one with a chance, I think. Perhaps.

I mean, french barely survives in New Orleans, and the local french creole is pretty much dead too.
FTFY.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2012, 02:51:32 pm »

Go to the Chinatowns in them big cities, many people from those areas don't even speak English.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2012, 05:20:02 pm »

Go to the Chinatowns in them big cities, many people from those areas don't even speak English.
waht

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2012, 05:49:22 pm »

When I'm talking to people some of them will interrupt me saying 'that's a big word'.

I think most recently it happened when I used the word "accord" (Not talking about the car brand).

I think some people have it in their heads that America has some established language that oozes pure patriotism when it is spoken and that all other languages don't belong, this of course being a country founded by revolting from the biggest English speaking country at the time and subsequently killing the non-English speaking natives.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »

waht
Seriously, NYC's Chinatown...  well, I actually can't say the same for the other one, but you get the idea.  Chinatown encompasses enough that many of its residents don't even have to learn English to function in society... and the 3-4 times in their life that they absolutely have to deal with English only stuff... ?  They have friends and family to help them with that.

Though, I think that has to do mostly with the immigrant population...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2012, 06:54:35 pm »

I read the first post, go the last page with the thoughts of writing "I love Bay12 too! Group hug!" and I see this. When did you guys derail this thread this much? One of the reasons why I love Bay12.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2012, 06:58:20 pm »

So how many of these patting on the back topics do we average a year now?

I'm sorry but, really. Thinking about it. Being a chunk of the internet that's decent rather than terrible in that it's kept running reasonably smoothly isn't anything to feel great about. This place really could be a lot better, but for the most part we're okay.

How much better that makes it look by comparison is if anything a bad thing for the rest of the internet than a good thing for us.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2012, 07:01:41 pm »

Eh, most forums suck. Ours doesn't. Let's troll the other forums and conquer the internet!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2012, 07:02:04 pm »

None shall interrupt the great circlejerk.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2012, 07:02:38 pm »

Do you demand perfection before being proud of something?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2012, 07:04:09 pm »

Personally I prefer better than average to be proud of something.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2012, 07:04:54 pm »

Internet is a fucked up place. We can be perfect by just writing in a readable English.

Never mind about conquering the internet. Let's do the mankind a service and destroy it!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2012, 07:05:46 pm »

Let's do the mankind a service and destroy it!

NEVER

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2012, 07:06:00 pm »

Internet is a fucked up place. We can be perfect by just writing in a readable English.

Never mind about conquering the internet. Let's do the mankind a service and destroy it!
Whoa, hey, wait a minute, man. Some of us live here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2012, 07:06:19 pm »

Personally I prefer better than average to be proud of something.
But you just said that "good by comparison" isn't something to be proud of. "Better than average" is good by comparison, not by any objective measurement.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12