Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: My love for Bay12  (Read 14229 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: My love for Bay12
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2012, 11:26:38 pm »

DF filtered most of the assholes, and by now there's enough people on the forum of the maligned persuasions to gang up and beat on any troll trying to bash them. Like, how many homosexuals do we have? Like, 10-20? Enough to keep "fag" from being used legitimately, trolls don't like being ganged up on. And that's not even counting the the freelancers who help out anyone!

Plus, we all feel so indebted to Toady that when he sends us a warning message it hurts as bad as getting told off by our mother.

Oh yeah, and we're all the kind of people who see "supervillain" as a legitimate profession with openings, so.

tl;dr Bay12 is awesome, nice, and very dangerous.
Actually, the reason "fag" isn't used is because

a) internet slang isn't, for some reason, current here
and b) pretty sure Toady would come down like the hammer of a righteous god if it were used as an insult.

The mandate is chillitude. That is the Bay12 way.

I think Loud Whispers and ThatAussieGuy are real world supervillains. Also, Martin, of Morul fame. I think they have skull shaped island bases...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2012, 01:17:54 am »

I would never say that I 'love' this site, but it's the only forum I can stand to frequent. In other words, lurk like a filthy pervert.
Hello Hunam

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2012, 01:22:40 am »

In other words, lurk like a filthy pervert.

Honestly, if I were to lurk, that's the only way to do it.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2012, 12:41:48 pm »

~snip~
So we're Internet Fremen, and this is Sietch Tabr?
I am okay with this.

I can get behind this.

and b) pretty sure Toady would come down like the hammer of a righteous champion hammerdwarf if it were used as an insult.

FTFY
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2012, 01:17:16 pm »

Bay 12 is the one place where internet society breaks down and fails to exist properly. Other sites have embarked into the wasteland of the internet searching riches, fame, power, and lulz, but then they come.

Internet society never fails as long as there is internet. I would say rather that it is not a wasteland. It is a sea.
A sea full of many places, island hubs of activity with spirit that never dies. That no matter what your view or opinion, you can find someone else who has equal mindsets.
And the converse is true.
And admist this sea, many are lost, thrown to the sharks or maybe find a way to reap the rewards of surfing this sea.
Many islands are lost.
Many islands are founded.
And here in bay12, we make damn sure well our island stays classy.
Bay12 being the best forum out there? Maybe, more likely not.
I can say this though; that there are very few places where the digital embodiment of humanity actually manifests in a positive manner, in a way that is actually enjoyable to be a part of.
And for that, I love it.
I would err on the side that instead of islands in the seas of the internet, each community/forum is an ark of varying sizes...

Some of those arks can be behemoths... but just shells of its former glory...
Some arks are constantly expanding, hulls and bays added to it as its population grows.
And sometimes, arks sink into the depths of the seas, never to be seen again... though, sometimes, someone would try to dredge one up and restore it.

Between these arks, you have smaller vessels, sub-communities that travel together, docking at various other arks, as they visit.  And even lesser, but more numerous, small crafts holding 1 or 2 passengers that dot the horizon, as they travel the interwebs...

Islands... I'd think would be rarer... signifying permanence... I'm not sure if those even exist on the internet.  Nothing is unsinkable...

Well... waterworld or space... but a heck of a lot more populated....

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2012, 01:50:23 pm »

Islands get eroded by the sea with time. I think the analogue works well here too.

Ziga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2012, 02:27:46 pm »

well we can say this, bay12 is awesome...disturbing at times but a good mix of the 2 and many other things...that is why i love this forum
What catastrophic changes in elf society changed their tile from E to e?
Goblin snatchers stole their Shift-key.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2012, 02:36:07 pm »

Islands get eroded by the sea with time. I think the analogue works well here too.
Point, though, it just seems more epic for the internet to be populated by hundreds of thousands of behemoth sized floating bastions of varying sizes that grow and shape themselves differently all the time...  and sinking/turmoil is a bit more imaginatively fun...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2012, 02:49:49 pm »

and b) pretty sure Toady would come down like the hammer of a righteous god if it were used as an insult.

c) The bi/homo/trans/a-sexuals immediately swoop in and crush the offender. It happens enough that anyone seriously using that word immediately learns its not acceptable. It works on most people, other than the trolls.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2012, 05:20:46 pm »

c) The bi/homo/trans/a-sexuals immediately swoop in and crush the offender. It happens enough that anyone seriously using that word immediately learns its not acceptable. It works on most people, other than the trolls.

Yeah, those f-

It's sad that people don't even use profanity the right way these days. Most people who spurt that word left and right probably don't hate gays as much as, say, an angry southern rancher.
Hello Hunam

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2012, 05:38:43 pm »

That's the crucial bit, however. In modern internet lingo, 'fag' simply means 'someone I dislike'. It's a part of the reclamation process; the word loses its meaning and its capacity for harm.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »

I doubt the actively fight for part. There's a difference between caring for and not being bothered by.
Hello Hunam

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2012, 05:57:43 pm »

I doubt the actively fight for part. There's a difference between caring for and not being bothered by.
Eh, I do remember last time it happened there was quite a lot of fight for in that thread. I think a couple of people got muted for the personal attacks on the creator.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2012, 05:59:39 pm »

Eh, I do remember last time it happened there was quite a lot of fight for in that thread. I think a couple of people got muted for the personal attacks on the creator.
Yes, but I doubt that includes 'most everybody'
Hello Hunam

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2012, 06:00:13 pm »

did someone mention fighting

i heard fighting and now i'm here
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12