Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Most unexpectedly deadly animal encounter.  (Read 13915 times)

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
Re: Most unexpectedly deadly animal encounter.
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2012, 12:39:16 am »

Giant keas.  I expected them to steal things, not fly down first a ramp and then a staircase, into my fortress dining room, and start killing Dwarves.
This. My poor starting seven nearly got their asses handed to them by a bunch of giant kea, that then flew on their merry way with my wheelbarrow and seed barrel.  >:(

Also, anything with hooves == murder on legs.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Shmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2012, 01:24:14 am »

I once had a berserk merchant donkey kill some two dozen dwarves. And I thought it would be easy to subdue it - just send in some unarmed draftees, what can go wrong...
S = k*log x(rope reed fiber socks)x

Alloran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 04:32:20 am »

I'm having issues with Boars recently. In a map with both badgers and carp, boars are my problem.

Also "I used to be an adventurer until I took a capybara to the knee" makes me giggle, and I'm sorry.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 04:39:44 am »

...and then there's the Giant Sponge, a.k.a. "Unkillable King Hell God Emperor Animal of Death"...
I pity the fool what tries to sip a drink from a river near one.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2012, 05:58:31 am »

In Adv. my guy stopped at a river to take a drink.

A crocodile came out and ripped his head off in a single turn.

Damned bastard.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2012, 08:07:00 am »

Rhesus Macaques. My God. They're killing people for reals:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surinder_Singh_Bajwa
 :o

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2012, 10:43:53 am »

weregecko once mauled some of my dwarves pretty bad before turning into a dwarf, but special mention has to go to...

A panda. My militia captain attacked it and was left in a pool of his own blood and vomit.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2012, 01:14:16 pm »

I had someone die to a rhesus macaque once.

Also, while the caravan was leaving my (now rage-quit) fortress, a peach-faced lovebird kicked the butt of one of the marksman.  Took an axedwarf to get it off him.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2012, 01:59:58 pm »

Playing as minimally-modded kobolds. Giant wolverine comes along out of nowhere and hit-and-runs seven of my citizens.

I'd sic my beasts on it, but the giant war leopards refuse to go near the thing.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2012, 01:17:03 pm »

Pretty old one. One of my first adventurers, went out into the wilds. Found a herd of wild horses. And I thought "Oh, something that does not have fangs, claws, swords, or sharp edges of any kind. I'll go train on them!"

One kick, skull caved in. I learned respect for the hooves then.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2012, 03:34:23 pm »

I had someone die to a rhesus macaque once.

Also, while the caravan was leaving my (now rage-quit) fortress, a peach-faced lovebird kicked the butt of one of the marksman.  Took an axedwarf to get it off him.

I put a bed in my cistern. Took an axedwarf to get it out.

Now, on to serious matters: Giant thrips.

They wrestles my iron-clad dwarfs to death. Throws be damned! I lost my best swordsdwarf to a tree.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2012, 03:40:33 pm »

I lost my legendary everything adventurer to the animal called the ocean. The adventurer that I've been working on for a year. FUCK IT I'M SAVESCUMMING
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2012, 03:48:35 pm »

The sponges, oh god, the sponges!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2012, 04:10:52 pm »

A groundhog. Murdered my adventurer. Because one little nibble caused them to pass out from the pain. It ate their face for two days and two nights, before they finally bled to death.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2012, 10:51:22 am »

Giant moles!!! As soon as I breach the caverns they rush into the fort and start murdering EVERYONE!
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6