Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47700 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Roll to Progress :: The Joys of the Overshoot
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2012, 09:21:59 am »

Mina lightly rests the heel of her hand on her face, before speaking again.

"Obviously you go to a court of immaterial, impartial and absolute justice. Ie, a paladin's court. They, iron-rodded stiffbacks they might be, will still probably do a much better job than your lord's biased court. The scale of this conflict shall ensure your case won't be thrown out of court."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2012, 10:28:26 am »

(I have GOT to be clearer. I meant the soldiers. However, since this has moved the story, I'm not complaining. We can assume the overshoot put it to the right people or something =v)

Lei relaxed. She had moved things on, as Mina talked about a court of law. Though Lei was not overly familiar with Paladins (she believed them something like holy warriors that went too far), she knew the situation here was well out of hand. This was talk of territory between lords, it was war. On a small scale, but.

Seeing the cloaked figures react to her mental messages, she sighed one of relief. She didn't know what was going to happen, and she knew it could go either way yet. But, to her, it was out of her hands. Too many mental nudges, and she felt like she took away people's freedom, however badly they choose to use that freedom.
Lei decided it was a good time to try out the Pince-Nez. She put them on, looking at the group of soldiers and the 4 cloaked figures as she walked over to them. She stopped at a corpse of one of the redcoated soldiers, and stared, thinking on the man's life and what he may have had.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2012, 10:45:14 am »

(I have GOT to be clearer. I meant the soldiers. However, since this has moved the story, I'm not complaining. We can assume the overshoot put it to the right people or something =v)
((Yeah, that's why I've been careful to indicate exactly who I'm talking about with things in the turns; it's too easy to get confused with multiple factions running around if you don't indicate precisely who you mean. Sort of like how a bastard GM would deliberately misinterpret vague statements, except that I'm not doing it intentionally.  :P))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Sinterous, Burning Man
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2012, 11:18:42 am »

[6] One of the Greenhaven soldiers mentions that they haven't been to a brothel for months, and that he likes the look of you. He offers you a goldpiece to help him sheath his sword.
((Hedric looking girlish is now part of my headcanon.))

Talendir yawned a bit and moved a little closer to watch the developments, getting to a point behind the lines of the remaining soldiers of red, right where the corpses of the stag banner started. If anything, he would at least take a crossbow out of this; he knew longbows took years to master, but a crossbow offered a reliable ranged attack without the need for such training.

In the field of combat, he did not have qualms about looting the dead. When you sometimes fought intervassal wars between bastards who didn't even supply their troops properly, taking your fallen comrades gear was not only seen as a matter of survival, it was also a way of making your companions keep living, in a sort of a way.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2012, 02:22:26 pm »

"Oh, I'd Imagine it is my bleeding business. It is, in fact, my very bloody business. Right now there's demon blood all over it, plus all of what was produced by 'The incident.' Very soon I'm looking toward a battalion, and then a bloody Lich.

I will ask once more, and then I won't be nice anymore. What the hell did you attack these people for? I will take silence and refusal to answer the question as permission to do things most unpleasant. For you, anyway."

He then noticed the cloaked figures. "Oh and who are you guys? I'm trying to do things here."

HP: 26/30
MP: 23/41
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:24:19 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Sinterous, Burning Man
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2012, 03:20:26 pm »

Aero does his best to look intimidating for Derms speech.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:19:00 pm by Spinal_Taper »

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2012, 04:14:00 pm »

((Sorry if this post is interpreted the wrong way.  :P))
Hedric licks his lips, looking at the Greenhaven soldier.
"I'll accept. Have the payment ready after this is over."
He then holds out his hand, accepting the Greenhaven soldier's deal.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2012, 04:14:39 pm »

pffft what
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2012, 04:25:03 pm »

what is this

i don't even
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2012, 05:37:24 pm »

Sinterous looks up and frowns slightly, before carefully putting away the red scroll and taking out the cornflower blue scroll, not really in the mood for that kind of magic at the moment.

Examine the blue sealed scroll.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2012, 06:16:38 pm »

what is this

i don't even
pffft what

:c

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2012, 06:25:50 pm »

what is this

i don't even
pffft what

:C

Wat.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2012, 06:37:32 pm »

what is this

i don't even
pffft what

:C

Wat.
I like how this is going. I mean what.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 17, 2012, 06:49:24 pm »

((I'm just hoping that the soldier means it literally, that his sword is too rusty and needs to be oiled to be sheathed as a metal weapon...

Edit: Clarity...So much clarity -_- ))

((@Sky: Yep.  :P))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:54:41 pm by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »

((Yes, the man has a rusty sword and it must be oiled to be sheathed. o.O))

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36