Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: DnD Eberron, Using Maptool  (Read 31055 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: DnD campain! woo.
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2012, 11:40:54 am »

What does 'true god' even mean when there are all sorts of powerful extra-planar entities lurking around and literally anything can grant spells if you believe in it enough?

Now that I think about it, if cleric spells come from faith, could an egotistical enough guy grant himself spells?
Soaplent green is goblins!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2012, 11:48:34 am »

Actually in D&D it is pretty easy to tell what is a god and what is not. Gods have Divine Ranks. Non gods do not.

The thing is I don't know if the Silver Flame ever got stats.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:52:21 am by Criptfeind »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2012, 12:07:13 pm »

I hear that they basically end up lowing lots of skills and shooting things with compound bows for good bits of damage

XD My factotum in the other D&D game uses a couple of Netbook feats that allow him (a human, mind) to wield a Huge-sized high tension longbow without penalty for 6d6 damage per arrow... so you heard correctly. I don't think I'll use a bow this time though. Maybe a reach weapon like a spear or a halberd or something.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2012, 03:42:16 pm »

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=407931

Cora Tealeaf, Halfling Bard, at your service.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2012, 04:02:33 pm »

Hmm, speaking of, what's everybody playing? If Factotum doesn't get approved, I'll try to fill whatever role is left. So far I know we have:

Zako: Cleric, ?
EveryZig: Artificier, Kobold
Evergod41: Bard, Halfling
Dwarmin: Rogue, Kenku
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2012, 04:50:23 pm »

From what I've seen, and depending on what type of campaign this will be, we could use a barbarian, or some other tanky class.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2012, 04:52:40 pm »

Hmm, speaking of, what's everybody playing? If Factotum doesn't get approved, I'll try to fill whatever role is left. So far I know we have:

Zako: Cleric, ?
EveryZig: Artificier, Kobold
Evergod41: Bard, Halfling
Dwarmin: Rogue, Kenku

Yeah, I don't think I wanna allow Factotum, but we could use a tank class. Everyone else is a bit squishy. :P

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2012, 04:55:03 pm »

Also a healer would be nice to have as well. (Especially because certain medium-term plans I have involve the use of healing spells. And not dying in the short term is good too.)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2012, 05:09:54 pm »

Clerics and Artificiers can both heal.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2012, 05:17:43 pm »

OK, I suppose I'll be a Warforged of some sort then. Not sure whether Fighter or Barbarian, but I played Barbarian before and wasn't all about it. >.>
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:38:33 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2012, 05:36:14 pm »

Barbarians traditionally only wear medium armor at first, later upgrading most of the time to mithril heavy armor... Which Warforged can't really do, since they have their armor built in and have to chose at level one and can't change later. Which makes being a Barbarian really really hard, because if you go for the light option later on in the game you will have a lower then normal AC whereas if you take the heavy choice you can't ever use fast movement and you will have non-proficiency penalties unless you get the feat. So. Sub par Barbarian or Normal fighter... And later on of course you will be hurting because other fighters effectively have one more feat then you, once you get to the point where 1,500 GP is not a huge number.

Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess... I hope that helps you chose?

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2012, 05:56:46 pm »

Cript, what about your character?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2012, 06:19:15 pm »

You could always do what my other 3.5 character did and become a warforged druid  :P. (Actually maybe a bit less OP in the long run than normal druids due to the lack of wild enchanted armor, but the idea was too hilarious to pass up.)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2012, 06:21:08 pm »

Barbarians traditionally only wear medium armor at first, later upgrading most of the time to mithril heavy armor... Which Warforged can't really do, since they have their armor built in and have to chose at level one and can't change later. Which makes being a Barbarian really really hard, because if you go for the light option later on in the game you will have a lower then normal AC whereas if you take the heavy choice you can't ever use fast movement and you will have non-proficiency penalties unless you get the feat. So. Sub par Barbarian or Normal fighter... And later on of course you will be hurting because other fighters effectively have one more feat then you, once you get to the point where 1,500 GP is not a huge number.

Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess... I hope that helps you chose?

He should take the cheesy way out and become a Warforged Juggernaut.

As for the Silver Flame, I'd say it is probably a farse, much as Tira may be getting a Divine Rank of 0 out of it.

It is unlikely that Eberron has greater deities at all; it is only a bit more highly powered than Dragonlance, where a level 19 wizard was capable of slaying the whole local pantheon.

Trivia: Ironically enough, Corellon is far more powerful than Ao outside Albeir Toril's crystal sphere. That goes to show how a deity's power is relative not only to its Divine Rank, but the planar battlefield and the deity's inherent power. Likewise, considering his lost eye and hand became major artifacts before he had even ascended, Vecna, in spite of no longer being a greater, is probably amongst the deities with the most class levels.

The "most powerful" deity I am aware of is Jergal at his prime. Even divided his portfolios were still capable of spawning three greater deities.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:31:23 pm by Azthor »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2012, 06:36:59 pm »

As a druid I could be stand in cleric, though that wont be till first level spells, besides, who cares about Cure Minor Wounds...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12