Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: DnD Eberron, Using Maptool  (Read 31048 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DnD campain! woo.
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2012, 07:59:55 pm »

@Urist: I suggest you start sprucing up the OP if you want to get more people invested in this game. Give a rundown of the campaign, house rules, player list, system, maptools/D&D version, etc.

Also, can I suggest the following house rule for our more squish members?

Pretty much, we all get the Heroic Durability feat for free-that gives +10 HP, and our first HP roll is always counted as max. One of my former GM's uses this, and we all agreed it was fine.

That really decreases the chance of some monster one shotting the wizard. :P

I'll do that in a bit. Also, nice rule dood.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2012, 08:05:00 pm »

I think I would appreciate having more than 5 max hit points  :P
Soaplent green is goblins!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2012, 09:06:27 pm »

Reserve me a spot would you? I would make a sheet now, but I need to do my animation project first. I'm thinking of doing a cleric, since they always looked tempting to me, casting and heavy armor in one package. Good stuff since we need a toughish person of some kind.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2012, 09:14:22 pm »

Reserve me a spot would you? I would make a sheet now, but I need to do my animation project first. I'm thinking of doing a cleric, since they always looked tempting to me, casting and heavy armor in one package. Good stuff since we need a toughish person of some kind.

Reserved.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2012, 03:44:03 am »

If Factotums (Dungeonscape; short summary is they have every skill as a class skill but aren't that great at anything other than skills) are allowed, I'd like to take that last spot. I haven't played Eberron or used Action Points before, but I have some 3.5 experience.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2012, 03:57:00 am »

I'm watching this. Never played 3.5e before, but I'll start looking up the rules and if you need a substitution at some point I'd like to jump in :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2012, 04:24:28 am »

If Factotums (Dungeonscape; short summary is they have every skill as a class skill but aren't that great at anything other than skills) are allowed, I'd like to take that last spot. I haven't played Eberron or used Action Points before, but I have some 3.5 experience.

I just wanted to use core, but i'll look it up.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2012, 04:34:11 am »

I'll give you a short summary on the most important points.

*BAB growth is decent; they top out at +15/+10/+5 at level 20. Likewise, saves (in order of Fort/Reflex/Will) top out at +6/+12/+6. They gain 1d8 HP each level.
    *They get 6+IntMod skill points per level; every skill is a class skill. Additionally, they have Trapfinding (can disable any trap, like a Rogue, as long as they make the skill check).
    *They have training with light armor, shields (except tower), and martial/simple weapons.
    *They use a system of points known as Inspiration Points per encounter that allow them to do various things, usually in conjunction with another point-based feat. For example, Opportunistic Piety mimics Lay On Hands or Turn Undead and has a few uses per day, and takes one Inspiration Point to use. IP resets to max every battle, but tops out at 10 points.
    *They can cast arcane spells (max level 7 at Level 20) but the way they do so is kind of complicated and I never bothered with it before. >.>
    *At 3rd level they gain their IntMod to Str/Dex checks and Str/Dex-based skill checks.[/li]

That's about it, but I can expand a little more if you want me to.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:36:15 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2012, 04:38:51 am »

I'll give you a short summary on the most important points.

*BAB growth is decent; they top out at +15/+10/+5 at level 20. Likewise, saves (in order of Fort/Reflex/Will) top out at +6/+12/+6. They gain 1d8 HP each level.
    *They get 6+IntMod skill points per level; every skill is a class skill. Additionally, they have Trapfinding (can disable any trap, like a Rogue, as long as they make the skill check).
    *They have training with light armor, shields (except tower), and martial/simple weapons.
    *They use a system of points known as Inspiration Points per encounter that allow them to do various things, usually in conjunction with another point-based feat. For example, Opportunistic Piety mimics Lay On Hands or Turn Undead and has a few uses per day, and takes one Inspiration Point to use. IP resets to max every battle, but tops out at 10 points.
    *They can cast arcane spells (max level 7 at Level 20) but the way they do so is kind of complicated and I never bothered with it before. >.>
    *At 3rd level they gain their IntMod to Str/Dex checks and Str/Dex-based skill checks.[/li]
That's about it, but I can expand a little more if you want me to.
[/quote]

I don't know, seems complicated...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2012, 04:41:29 am »

The only really complicated thing is how their spells are organized. I never got that, so I just didn't use them. As for the rest, it's pretty easy. They play like a rogue, mostly, just with a few general-use abilities instead of stealth-based and backstabbing abilities. Not quite a front-line fighter, but they can substitute for one in a pinch... which is pretty much the motto of the class for everything. XD

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2012, 07:21:32 am »

I have a friend with a factotum character, though not in a game I've played. I hear that they basically end up lowing lots of skills and shooting things with compound bows for good bits of damage, which they can increase by spending these inspiration points they have. (They always reminded me of Ozymandias from Watchmen because of the int to fighting ability thing.)
Soaplent green is goblins!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2012, 09:59:26 am »

I'm afraid that you're gonna have to be a bit paitent with my application. I've got important uni stuff on this week and then I'll be free to play. I'll get my application submitted in about 3 days time, 4 at most. Just need a few clarifications first though:

What timezone are you in? What time are we doing this thing? Are we using maptools or something else? Can someone clarify what it's like to be a cleric in eberron, so I know how I should act? Do you guys want a spellcasting dude, a melee focused cleric or a buffer that goes into melee or something?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2012, 10:11:12 am »

You can act how ever you want in Eberron. That's sorta it's thing.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2012, 10:25:56 am »

You can act how ever you want in Eberron. That's sorta it's thing.

Pretty much that. The powers that be care not about you, mortal... Rather, divine magic comes from the cleric's own faith, rather than their would be deity.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2012, 10:31:51 am »

Only like four of the gods have any proof they even exist anyway. Unless you count the 'gods' like the undead elves and the... other undead elf.

Huh, I just realized that undead elves are really good at turning themselves into almost gods.

Hey Azthor, what do you think? Silver Flame: True god or fake god like the elves?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12