Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The future of my Dwarf Modding is in your hands. Should I:

Keep this thread, and only release the RAWS for what I do.
- 0 (0%)
Keep this thread, but package all my works into a single mod, to overlap on a DF Install.
- 0 (0%)
Package my works into a full mod, and start a new thread for that purpose.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Delioth's Inventions  (Read 10377 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Delioth's Inventions
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 08:34:16 am »

That would make flamethrowers one-use, though--once given to a dwarf, no one else could ever use it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 11:36:28 am »

Another reaction could be made at a seperate workshop that would convert the 'flamethrower dwarves' into normal dwarves, and give the flamethrower back, although it would take some management to only allow a flamethrower dwarf to use it. This system of 'outfitting' and 'unoutfitting' could be translated into many really cool ideas, like a medic dwarf a la Team Fortress 2, or mechanically-enhanced dwarves with enhanced skills, either single/groups of skills, or even a general all-around skill boost. We could even make the dwarven superfish even more dwarven and make specific ones of our choosing spit magma WHILE they crap iron.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 10:22:49 pm »

Won't work; you'd have the flamethrower dwarf staying a flamethrower dwarf until his initial transformation wore off. Also, even if you got around that, dead flamethrowing dwarves would also be stuck to their weapons.

Some sort of implant would work better.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 12:29:57 pm »

Simple Solution: Transformations don't require an end time, so they stay indefinitely. Second, add a 'drops on death' item, the flamethrower.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 01:21:57 pm »

I want a megabeast that resurrects every cut of limb as a clone of itself. I dare you to write this. It will be killable only be dwarves with blunt weapons, but will overrun your army if you approach it with swords/axes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 01:24:44 pm »

Simple Solution: Transformations don't require an end time, so they stay indefinitely. Second, add a 'drops on death' item, the flamethrower.
Then you can't bury the dwarf!

I want a megabeast that resurrects every cut of limb as a clone of itself. I dare you to write this. It will be killable only be dwarves with blunt weapons, but will overrun your army if you approach it with swords/axes.
That does sound like Fun, but how would it only raise its own limbs?
Sig

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 09:16:16 pm »

It has an interaction that can only target CREATURE_ID with itself as the creature, and IT_REQUIRES is FIT_FOR_ANIMATION. This way it can only target itself, but not itself while alive. All bodyparts count as dead, and do fullfill both requirements. I would write it myself, but modding has to wait a bit. Just thought the idea sounded like fun, and since he askes about suggestions... the bodypart would have to be animated and then transformed into CREATURE_ID. It will be fun they said.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lazerlatté

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 09:18:15 pm »

Hey Delioth, is there any way you can throw together some medicine for me? I want some meds for healing wounds and bruises and some painkillers(if you're too stupid and have to ask what they do then don't and get outta video games in general) and perhaps a rare miracle pill that regens lost body parts. And they all have to be available in most markets/shops. Wait... Is... That even possible?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 10:11:14 pm »

they all have to be available in most markets/shops. Wait... Is... That even possible?

My guess is yes, that is probably kind of easy to have them sold at markets, if it is a product of cooking, say. I have no idea if . It shouldn't be too hard, but more difficult to do it with Dwarf mode, except with some workarounds. With Dorf mode, the Medic dwarf would be the best.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 10:16:14 pm »

Actually... it is really difficult till impossible to mod in what you just wrote. Giving NO_PAIN works, speeding up normal healing works, and regrowing limbs works with transformation, but you have to make this in drink or custom cheese form, and it will be very hard to get a specific dwarf to eat or drink a specific thing. These is no way for a dwarf in pain to be clever enough to automatically choose the painkillers. Also, why do you insult the modder you ask things from ? ^^

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2012, 09:09:26 am »

Actually... it is really difficult till impossible to mod in what you just wrote. Giving NO_PAIN works, speeding up normal healing works, and regrowing limbs works with transformation, but you have to make this in drink or custom cheese form, and it will be very hard to get a specific dwarf to eat or drink a specific thing. These is no way for a dwarf in pain to be clever enough to automatically choose the painkillers. Also, why do you insult the modder you ask things from ? ^^

Likely the suggestion is more targeted towards adventurers
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2012, 11:08:27 am »

I have the death things now. They are immune to fire, and they should animate lost limbs and then resurrect them to full creatures of themself. Tell me if it doesn't work properly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Help us write a story!

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 11:24:26 am »

I have the death things now. They are immune to fire, and they should animate lost limbs and then resurrect them to full creatures of themself. Tell me if it doesn't work properly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is it possible to have certain limbs become certain things?
On our SS13 server we have a modified Changling mode in which the arms and legs when torn off of you, come to life and attack people, so I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to have something similar to this.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

BlueSam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 12:53:40 pm »

How would you make hook swords? Like these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_sword

Not sure if they should always be a pair, so you could have a spinning-linked-weapons attack, or just one, to use a shield. Using to hold or disarm is probably impossible, but would surely be cool.

Also, if I just add these weapons to the raws and don`t asign them to any civ, can they still be made by moody dwarves?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 01:18:01 pm »

Slightly off-topic:
On our SS13 server we have a modified Changling mode in which the arms and legs when torn off of you, come to life and attack people, so I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to have something similar to this.
BayStation 12, right?

How would you make hook swords? Like these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_sword

Not sure if they should always be a pair, so you could have a spinning-linked-weapons attack, or just one, to use a shield. Using to hold or disarm is probably impossible, but would surely be cool.

Also, if I just add these weapons to the raws and don`t asign them to any civ, can they still be made by moody dwarves?
It will be makeable by moody dwarves.

What about a whip sword? Sword canes? A sword that fires projectiles? Katanas, kukuris, rapiers, and so forth?
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5