Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The future of my Dwarf Modding is in your hands. Should I:

Keep this thread, and only release the RAWS for what I do.
- 0 (0%)
Keep this thread, but package all my works into a single mod, to overlap on a DF Install.
- 0 (0%)
Package my works into a full mod, and start a new thread for that purpose.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Delioth's Inventions  (Read 10380 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Delioth's Inventions
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 04:02:40 pm »

As of now, I have the whole thing working, except that the dwarves don't put the whiskey into the barrel after the reaction.

Any help?
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 04:55:26 pm »

Why don't you just say
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:FISH_DORF:DRINK]??

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2012, 04:58:50 pm »

Trying that right now, will see if it will put the bloody whiskey in a barrel.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 08:25:07 pm »

Ok, I've given up on the idea of the milk to booze, it just won't work for me. I even searched the forums and copy-pasted a reaction that another person used that worked perfectly, and they still wouldn't put it in the barrel. To compensate, some of the fish now lay unusual eggs, as in bars of iron, bars of coke, bars of pearlash, rock crystal, and logs. Also, a caste of them shoots webs.

I'm just waiting for someone to tell me to make them give a masterwork candy weapon on death.

Also, I'm going to add tusks made of ivory and see if I can make their scales steel. These mofos are going to look badass (must remember to prefstring that...)

Is there anything else? Maybe give them dragonfire breath? Make their horn of pure candy? Give them a single gold tooth?

Also, here's the current raws for them. Please proof them, someone, so that I know if anything is wrong in case I don't get to testing it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Help us write a story!

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 11:40:59 pm »

Ok, I've given up on the idea of the milk to booze, it just won't work for me. I even searched the forums and copy-pasted a reaction that another person used that worked perfectly, and they still wouldn't put it in the barrel.

It looks like you were trying to define the material inside of the male caste, instead of for the entire creature. You also put a plant token ([DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]) into a creature's raws, which won't be recognized.

Honey bee mead related raws with color coding:

Quote from: Honey bee raws from creature_insects.txt
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HONEY:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen honey bee honey]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:honey bee honey]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling honey bee honey]
      [STATE_COLOR:ALL:AMBER]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:6:0:0]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
      [EDIBLE_VERMIN]
      [EDIBLE_COOKED]
      [EDIBLE_RAW]
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MEAD]

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MEAD:CREATURE_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen mead]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:mead]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling mead]

Quote from: mead reaction
[REACTION:MAKE_MEAD]
   [NAME:make mead]
   [BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_M]
   [REAGENT:honey:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HONEY_BEE:HONEY]
      [UNROTTEN]
   [REAGENT:honey container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:honey]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY]
      [FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER] barrel or any non-absorbing tool with FOOD_STORAGE
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:honey:DRINK_MAT]
      [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
      [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:BREWING]

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 11:45:12 am »

Okay, I went in and copied the raws for honey and mead straight from the honey bee and put it into the fish. Check.

I copied the reaction for mead down, and renamed things in both the fish and the reaction, making sure that the parts Da Vinci highlighted were equal(red=red, etc[but not actually colored]). Check.

I  give the dwarves the make whiskey reaction properly. Check.

I test by genning a world and making an embark where everyone is a brewer and I brought 200 of the extract used for making the whiskey. Check

I build stills and tell the dwarves to make whiskey. Check

Dwarves make whiskey, and proceed to not put it in the barrel. This has been my problem.

Also, Da Vinci, I just noticed that I had left that plant tag in, but I had actually taken it out of my raws as I was trying to get it to work... Sorry for leaving it on here. Here's the raws for the fish's milk and booze, defined in the whole creature, and the reaction used for it. ANY HELP is welcomed, I really want this to work and I can't figure out why they won't just put the stuff in a barrel.

Code: [Select]
Creature 'milkable honey'

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HONEY:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen alcohol]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:unrefined alcohol]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:alcohol vapor]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:CLEAR]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:1:0:0]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:WHISKEY]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WHISKEY:CREATURE_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen dwarven whiskey]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:dwarven whiskey]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling dwarven whiskey]

Reaction

[REACTION:MAKE_WHISKEY]
   [NAME:make whiskey]
   [BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_W]
   [REAGENT:honey:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DORF_FISH:HONEY]
      [UNROTTEN]
   [REAGENT:honey container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:honey]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY]
      [FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER] barrel or any non-absorbing tool with FOOD_STORAGE
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:honey:DRINK_MAT]
      [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
      [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:BREWING]
Help us write a story!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 11:58:19 pm »

For anyone who's reading and hoping that I'm going to come out with something new and amazing in the coming weeks, you're in for a treat, because I'm out of town Monday-Friday for the next few weeks, and Monday-Thursday the few weeks after that, excluding July 4th. I'll see if I can get something released in that time, but don't hold your breath, or you might experience !!FUN!!

That is all.

P.S. If anyone wants to take some of the things I have done and make them better, feel free. I think that my adamantine and steel fish aren't working, and if someone can get the abandoned whiskey project to be put in a barrel, you will be much appreciated.

Any other modifications would be fine, just if you want to expand upon one of the things I have already done or add to it, I might make a whole mod based on the dorf fish, depending on how 'fleshed out' they become. Also, someone could write descriptions for all the castes and how they came to be, or something. Inventive names are also in order.

Also,
no-one has the right to change the warfish. I rather like them. Unless you make their bones from steel, their horn from candy, and their scales from fire. But no name-changes. Although calling them carp would be an nice joke.
Help us write a story!

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2012, 07:49:54 am »

I've tried your bracers out in the arena, and since they're shields I dual-wielded them...
But apparently they don't defend the hands, or lower arms?

Also I love your modding skillz. Just letting you know.

EDIT: The bracers are definitely shields though, because I just blocked dragonfire with them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:05:26 am by RickRollYou2 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2012, 07:35:32 pm »

Is the alcohol you want to create and put into barrels a bigger stack then 15 ? I noticed that on my custom reactions as well, big stacks (that are fine in vanilla df reactions) are not put into barrels. All raws are correct, but the game just bugs out. It does that since some 31.xx update, because the reactions I used worked fine before.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2012, 11:33:03 pm »

@Meph - This new bit of information may twist my omnipotent arm into reopening that work of the madfish.

On another note, If anyone wants, I've made a race of minotaurs playable, as well as another one made up of things that have a max size of about 1500... I can post the raws for them any time, just say so and they'll be up.
 The minotaurs have many castes, ranging from the standard mino, to ones with white or silver hair which are either tougher or stronger, to diamondbacks which are super-rare and have stats much better than a normal, even berserkers that effectively kill everything when they berserk, but they can get sick and even go unconscious afterwards. They also have a few custom weapons that only a 30-year old diamond can wield 1-handed.

+The small ones, named the smallkin on the other hand, have many castes, and some have their own custom interactions, like the berserker mino. All smallkin have a natural 9 dodge skill, because they're so small. The castes start with the normal ones, and then there are ones that can fly. Above those in that 'line' are deadly terrorwings, which fly and have an interaction that stops enemies in their tracks in 'fear.'
 -On another line, there are snakekin, which have toxic venom which they inject into victims. -Also comes with extra dodge ability and bite ability. They are snakes, after all.- Above them on one hand are the cobrakin, which have an even deadlier venom than the others, along with the other bonuses of snakekin. Psuedo-above the snakekin are the basaliskkin, which have none of the other benefits of snakekin, I just thought they fit, and their special thing is (You guessed it!) They can turn something into stone. (Ok, really they turn it into a dummy creature made of stone, it suffocates, and it drops a statue on death, but the effect is the same.) There's also the strongkin, which are a bit stronger than normal.

+All the smallkin have custom weapons, or rather weapons ,modified a bit to fit them, but new picks were necessary. I also gave them my minicrossbows. They also get 'packages,' which are custom items to be unpacked at either a custom workshop or a craftsman's shop, your choice. They can be unpacked to clothes, wood, and a few other things I don't recall, probably stone and metal. -Tweaking may be necessary to balance these, but a pack of clothes is necessary because I can't get them to show up with clothes on. Same problem with minotaurs. Fixes?

EDIT: Sorry for wall of text, added spaces.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:48:46 am by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 01:04:45 pm »

If you are still looking for suggestions, make a booze powered flame thrower.

Precooked dinners, flambeed with your favorite drink.

Or just burn the hippy elves and their beloved trees.

Bow before the might of dwarven engineering!!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:06:33 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 12:44:58 am »

I was about to tell you that its impossible without a script extender, but it might actually be possible with a machine gun speed crossbow variant that can only have arrows that burn up very quickly. However I'm expecting the 'fuel' (bolts) in the 'tank' (quiver) setting on fire before going anywhere, lighting your dwarf on fire
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 01:52:48 pm »

Not if the Quiver/tank is made from a fixed_temp material, altho there is no why to tell a soilder/hunter what quiver to use.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2012, 08:37:09 pm »

Still need suggestions? I've got two.

1. Put everything, or at least links to everything, in the OP.
2. Make it so that minibolts are cheaper (say, by allowing you to splin normal bolts into double the number of minibolts or something), and railbows are more expensive (a metal mechanism and a bar of the same metal should work well).
3. ...Seriously, get everything indexed. I've barely been able to find other neat stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2012, 10:29:17 pm »

I was about to tell you that its impossible without a script extender, but it might actually be possible with a machine gun speed crossbow variant that can only have arrows that burn up very quickly. However I'm expecting the 'fuel' (bolts) in the 'tank' (quiver) setting on fire before going anywhere, lighting your dwarf on fire
The quick-firing crossbow won't work, they can't handle firing and reloading that fast, but we could do it with an "Outfitter's workshop," which, when given a dwarf and flamethrower parts, turns them into a 'flamethrower outfitted dwarf,' with a dragonfire ability only available after they drink booze (add a syndrome to the booze template which only affects this new dwarf, and gives the dragonfire breath for a duration.) This is the best I can come up with. Or we could make it a flaregun and set the ignition point at that of creatures, 10067. Would require setting the dwarves' homeotherm temp to 10065 to avoid combustion on touch.
Help us write a story!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5