Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 265443 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Returns! Update 0.32: Power Star Missions
« Reply #345 on: September 21, 2013, 12:11:14 pm »

Looking through the raws, I noticed that INTERACTION:FAINT_MW, which is used when fleeing, has no end timer, whereas INTERACTION:FAINT_FOREVER_MW ends after one month. Seems slightly backward to me.
Whoops, you're right.  It'll be fixed for the next update.

Ravenous Space Kobold

• Bay Watcher
  • May all fall to the glory of the kiwi bird!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 24, 2013, 05:43:13 am »

Oh, before I forget, do shyguys need any labours activated to pull things out of the portal?
They need the plant gathering labor enabled.
Because they get Subcon Vegetables out of the portal.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 24, 2013, 06:48:28 am »

Oh, before I forget, do shyguys need any labours activated to pull things out of the portal?
They need the plant gathering labor enabled.
Because they get Subcon Vegetables out of the portal.

Only for the 'look for food' command.  The other ones don't use any labors.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Returns! Update 0.33: Powerups and Star Missions
« Reply #348 on: September 25, 2013, 07:17:50 am »

New update!

This one is mainly a bugfix update - the Star Beacon's reactions are more reliable, some materials have been moved from the inorganic file so they shouldn't show up in preferences, etc.

As for features: Toads have a new building, the Toad House.  It gives them more control over powerup storage - you can now choose which plants to seal off.  There are more powerups too: the Metal Mushroom and the Golden Mushroom.  One makes you as hard as iron, the other doubles your speed.  The 1up Mushroom has been changed as well: eating it will give you the ability to revive one corpse.  Leave the coffin of a beloved citizen outside the dining room and bring them back to life with full health!

Enemies drop special yellow coins now.  While not too valuable on their own (each coin has a base value of 1), 100 of them can be traded in for a Power Star at the Star Beacon.  Request missions now give yellow coins instead of star pieces, so they can be added to your stockpile of coins obtained from enemies.

Koopas have a new potion: The Potion of Brute Strength.  Whoever drinks it will double in size, have all of their physical stats doubled, and be rendered immune to most status effects, and unlike the Super Mushroom, it doesn't wear off.  But there's a catch, of course... while having one Brute is fine, two or more occupying the same area of your fortress are prone to lashing out at each other or flying into a berserk rage (the probability is lower if there are non-Brutes around, but it can still happen).  So an army of Brutes is right out.  You might want to give it to your landholder to make sure they don't die so easily (remember, Koopas require a living landholder to build an army), although it's worth noting that the Brute potion also removes their sense of fear... and since landholders are also responsible for laying down justice, it doesn't leave much hope for criminals who get the hammer.  Which is, of course, perfectly Koopa.

You can now find ? blocks, both underground and flying around above ground.  All three races can open them up at their respective Crafts workshop.  They often contain powerups, powerful weapons, coins, or several of the above.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Returns! Update 0.33: Powerups and Star Missions
« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2013, 06:37:04 pm »

Doo doo dee dee doo...

Ah, hatchlings.

My civ seems to be full of burnt umber skinned Toads with yellow spotted caps.

I like that there is a Yoshi caste for each color available in the DF palette now.

Edit: BTW the Yoshis' new abilities are coming in handy. I embarked in a blessed area and it seems to be reviving the dead for some reason. The Yoshis just love to eat undead body parts.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:16:05 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2013, 05:15:13 am »

Edit: BTW the Yoshis' new abilities are coming in handy. I embarked in a blessed area and it seems to be reviving the dead for some reason. The Yoshis just love to eat undead body parts.
Well, not exactly... the body part eating interaction actually reanimates the dead body parts for a single frame before destroying them.  Sometimes you get messages if a Toad is watching when it happens.  No actual zombies are happening here.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 27, 2013, 11:12:24 am »

Well, not exactly... the body part eating interaction actually reanimates the dead body parts for a single frame before destroying them.  Sometimes you get messages if a Toad is watching when it happens.  No actual zombies are happening here.

Well shoot. I guess guess I should keep the Yoshis away from my butcher's. Lol.

This is good to know though. I thought the Yoshis were saving me, but they were really just having an all you can eat buffet!  :P
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »

One thing. Just ONE thing. PLEASE add 'Male' to the caste name of Yoshi males so we know which of the two kinds of 'Black Yoshi Eggs' we want to cook...

ZubatZubatZubat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2013, 08:23:49 am »

A few general questions:

1) How does one process fuzzbushes?

2) How does the gardener's station work?

3) How can you control bonfires?

4) What things produced with imaginary components disappear and what things don't?

5) Why don't shyguys get access to meat on embark?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 10:43:26 am by ZubatZubatZubat »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2013, 11:43:58 am »

One thing. Just ONE thing. PLEASE add 'Male' to the caste name of Yoshi males so we know which of the two kinds of 'Black Yoshi Eggs' we want to cook...

Okay.  I wonder, though, if there's a way to change the name of a creature's egg without changing the name of the creature itself.  I have other reasons for wanting to do that.  It kind of grows on you, eh?

A few general questions:

1) How does one process fuzzbushes?

2) How does the gardener's station work?

3) How can you control bonfires?

4) What things produced with imaginary components disappear and what things don't?

5) Why don't shyguys get access to meat on embark?

1) Fuzzbushes are basically the replacement for pig tails in VDF.  Process them into thread at a Farmer's Workshop, then make them into cloth at a Loom.

2) Well, it's really more of a leftover of my early experimenting with piranha plants.  It lets you 'cheat' to get new piranha plant breeds in climates that they wouldn't normally develop.  The details were pretty esoteric from the start though, and now that I look at it, it probably won't even work now that their life cycle has been redone (oh yeah, forgot to mention - P. plants breed now, though it takes about 1 and a half years for them to mature and they will only breed once in their life.) So just ignore it for the time being.

3) With great difficulty :P  Save them for when you are willing to possibly sacrifice a Shy Guy to break a siege.

4) All of them disappear eventually, unless they are used in a construction (walls, floors, stairs, or ramps).

5) I have no idea, I'll check up on it.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2013, 01:12:04 pm »

Playing as toads this time to see what's up.  Made a militia of three to protect against beasties, the RNG named it 'Pokers of Virginity'.  Toads aren't as innocent as I thought, heheh.  And now, to actually contribute to the thread, I will think of some random suggestions...let's see...well, you could adjust toads so they have a bonus to 'peaceful' skills and a penalty to 'aggressive' ones, to further bring home the fact that they are NOT fighters.  Masterwork has all those casts with different learning skills, but I can see a normal toad learning how to bake a cake faster than learning how to kill a man.  For flavor you can make it so Shyguys have a bonus to learning liar or something, as well, since they're all pranksters.  Can't think of a skill Koopas would be inherently good with other than hiding in shells, which is an ability so yeah...Oh and I still support my earlier suggestion of adding a fast-growing mushroom that gets processed into blocks to simulate mushroom houses.

Edit: First caravan, the wagons nearly TELEPORTED onto my depot.  Toads apparently have access to warp drives.  That, or Yoshis are the best pack animals ever programmed into DF...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:16:13 pm by b_knight286 »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2013, 01:57:36 pm »

Playing as toads this time to see what's up.  Made a militia of three to protect against beasties, the RNG named it 'Pokers of Virginity'.  Toads aren't as innocent as I thought, heheh.  And now, to actually contribute to the thread, I will think of some random suggestions...let's see...well, you could adjust toads so they have a bonus to 'peaceful' skills and a penalty to 'aggressive' ones, to further bring home the fact that they are NOT fighters.  Masterwork has all those casts with different learning skills, but I can see a normal toad learning how to bake a cake faster than learning how to kill a man.  For flavor you can make it so Shyguys have a bonus to learning liar or something, as well, since they're all pranksters.  Can't think of a skill Koopas would be inherently good with other than hiding in shells, which is an ability so yeah...Oh and I still support my earlier suggestion of adding a fast-growing mushroom that gets processed into blocks to simulate mushroom houses.

Well, they do have certain personality ranges that affect behavior - Toads have low anger values so they rarely throw tantrums or go berserk, but they also don't tend to get 'enraged' bonuses in combat.  They also tend to have low willpower, so they give in to pain easily, making them very vulnerable if they get hit - they CAN learn to fight though, thanks to their high agility and strength.  And Shyguys have very low straightforwardness so they tend to be good liars.

We'll see about mushroom houses once the next DF update allows for giant trees - Toady said that there will be giant tower-caps in the caverns, so I expect there will be some code that allows trees to be mushroom-shaped.  (Some biomes already have giant mushroom forests.)  Toads can already use warp pipes to (slowly) produce wood or stone, if your biome doesn't have any available.

Edit: First caravan, the wagons nearly TELEPORTED onto my depot.  Toads apparently have access to warp drives.  That, or Yoshis are the best pack animals ever programmed into DF...

Ah, this glitch again.  I don't know what causes it.  Sometimes random spots on the ground catch fire when it happens.  It's pretty rare, so lets pretend its a 'feature' until I can figure it out.  (Given the number of monsters that explode or breathe fire in this mod, you should be building fire escapes into your fortress anyway).

(I blame Doc Brown.)

JumboDS64

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2013, 08:25:53 am »

Are you gonna add things from Mario and Luigi: Dream Team at some point?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2013, 09:08:38 am »

Are you gonna add things from Mario and Luigi: Dream Team at some point?

Possibly, if there's a good place to put them in.
Dream World, huh?  Like a reimagining of Subcon?  Maybe Shy Guys can get something from there...

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2013, 11:25:06 pm »

I personally hate everybody who voted no on the poll.  I like playing koopas and would REALLY welcome a raw-trimming...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62