Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 264861 times)

Haiphong

• Bay Watcher
  • I... Wot?
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet
« Reply #915 on: July 26, 2024, 08:36:26 pm »

Overrides are a TWBT thing, which was a third-party way of adding graphics that is no longer supported since there's an official graphics engine now. The most you can do with TWBT assets in v50 is just to reuse the images and write new graphics files to implement them.
The character table should help you figure out what tileset number/position maps to each object, if that helps.

Yeah.
And sorry, I partially used the word "override" to describe using an alternate Font, though I am using both the TWBT version and the one without as references.

Thank you for the link. I can use all the help I can get X'3
I will give it a try.

I'm also looking into if I can use LUA stuff to overcome some of the issues the game is having in generation and otherwise creature behavior. Indigo mentioned Creatures eating other Creatures (like Piranha plants ect) being a problem, but I am sure there's something one can do with DFHack that will solve it.

Just it's hard to fully understand the depths of what I can access and how from just the surface. I can code just fine, it's the interaction with the code that I can't see that leaves me confused. I have to browse other people's mods and try to reverse engineer it until I understand what it does and then figure it out from there... I guess.

That seems to be how everyone does it lol.

Haiphong

• Bay Watcher
  • I... Wot?
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 11, 2024, 08:57:00 am »

By the way, unrelated to updating but rather the mod in general...

Unlike Toads, Koopas won't grow faint from the darkness, but they still aren't dwarves and staying underground for months on end will cause them to move and work slower.  However, if you tough it out and keep them underground until they become cave adapted (1 year), they will begin to improve and ultimately wind up stronger, tougher, and more agile than their above-ground counterparts.  They will still become nauseous from the sun though, and they'll lose these bonuses if they go outside, so altogether it might not be worth the trouble.

I never found this in the raws, unlike for Toads and Goombas. Did it get removed?
Also it's a shame the Retract behavior had to be removed from them, if I'm reading that right... It seemed to work in Adventure Mode though.

zeddy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 17, 2024, 08:51:37 pm »

Alright, so I've uploaded what I've got so far for the Stonesense graphics pack.

It can be found here

This is still a work in progress, most creatures are included but a lot still need to be worked on some more. There are definitely some graphical issues, especially with the trees. Any feedback or recommendations would be appreciated, I would really love to see how other people's fortresses look with this graphics pack.

Hey! It seems the capital letter naming scheme in the files of this pack is inconsistent. IE, the XML files ask for stuff along the lines of "koopa_ROTMK64.png", but the actual filenames are usually stuff like "koopa_rotmk64.png".

This is all fine and dandy... on Windows, which doesn't have a case sensitive file system. On other operating systems, this stonesense pack is non-functional due to the inconsistent capitalization of files. I'd suggest using a more consistent naming scheme. There's no reason that this pack should be Windows only, when both DF and ROTMK are cross platform  ;)

I may eventually fix it myself, but I've never worked with stonesense before, and I figure you understand this pack better than I do lol.

Edit: it seems a lot of the XML files have some error which crashes on linux. I'm not sure why they do this, but the first culprit I've encountered is "entity_rotmk_allies.xml". A lot of the other XMLs starting with "entity" also cause the same problem. I don't believe this is a case sensitive issue like before, and unfortunately stonesense isn't printing any error message.

Edit 2: Oh also some actual feedback about the pack! The giant mushroom raw modification that the stonesense pack recommends turns giant mushroom logs brown instead of white. I was really confused why my white buildings suddenly turned brown haha!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 12:33:38 am by zeddy »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]