Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63202 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

It's worth mentioning that the pre-release review copies don't include some day one updates that'll be in the game on release, so some percentage of the bugs reviewers are getting should be fixed when we play it.

I expect to enjoy the game.  I know what I like pretty well, so my gut feelings on video games are rarely wrong.  If it's a complete shitshow as far as performance and bugs go, that's a different story, but if that stuff is manageable I'll enjoy it.
Shoes...

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Customizable genitals, delayed until 12/10/2020
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2020, 05:04:12 pm »

Gameplay vids are coming out.

Oh boy, this looks like trash.
Bugs aside, that's some egregious bullet sponging. How many rifle mags does it take to down one slav?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile

On the one hand, sci-fi body armor. He's probably got like diamond nanoweave skin layering or some nonsense.

On the other hand, they should really have sci-fi bullets to counter that shit.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

It's worth mentioning that the pre-release review copies don't include some day one updates that'll be in the game on release, so some percentage of the bugs reviewers are getting should be fixed when we play it.

This is not entirely true. All the ones I've seen mentioned they were playing with the day one patch, minus whatever fixes are added between embargo day and the release. So expect a very buggy experience on release. It's also worth noting that all reviews so far are on PC, and CDPR is refusing to hand out console codes, so it's likely the experience there is much worse, especially on last gen's systems.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:43:18 pm by Glloyd »

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Customizable genitals, delayed until 12/10/2020
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2020, 06:21:38 pm »

Bugs aside, that's some egregious bullet sponging. How many rifle mags does it take to down one slav?
Yeah that doesn't look fun...

I was so fixated on the bullet sponging i didn't notice the dude floating the whole time when i first watched it. Uh oh...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the one hand, sci-fi body armor. He's probably got like diamond nanoweave skin layering or some nonsense.

On the other hand, they should really have sci-fi bullets to counter that shit.

If 2077 is at least tangentially related to the mechanics of 2020 or RED, stabby bois are twice as good as firearms vs. armor and punchy bois completely negate it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2020, 07:00:16 pm »

Well, at least the game is entertaining. Less as a game, and more of a trainwreck, but that's better than it could have done.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote from: Damiac
i didn't notice the dude floating the whole time when i first watched it. Uh oh...

LOL I can't get over that part, too hilarious!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

From the brief reading I'm doing, it sounds like there's damage scaling in the game. I.e., higher level dudes have more health and you need to specifically put points into combat skills to counter balance that. Which is why some are saying stealth is broken because there are no? overall damage buffs in that skill tree, which makes the bullet spongey enemies even more bullet spongey.

And yeah, the epilepsy thing is kinda crazy. It's like one of those moments where the developers take "immersion" too far. Like back in AC1, when you're first getting into the game it "simulates" computer glitches. I remember showing it to my friend and he started freaking out thinking his computer was crashing or something, before I was like "Calm down, it's just a thing they're doing." Some people really hate being messed with. And the strobe pattern being spot on for trigger an epileptic seizure is like....what kind of immersion you guys trying to achieve here?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess the logic is that they want something close to the Tabletop source material as someone said. Though implementing that of all things and not something else is very questionable.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And yeah, the epilepsy thing is kinda crazy. It's like one of those moments where the developers take "immersion" too far. Like back in AC1, when you're first getting into the game it "simulates" computer glitches. I remember showing it to my friend and he started freaking out thinking his computer was crashing or something, before I was like "Calm down, it's just a thing they're doing." Some people really hate being messed with. And the strobe pattern being spot on for trigger an epileptic seizure is like....what kind of immersion you guys trying to achieve here?

Like in a fairly obvious game-way or an 'actual' way? Enigma Machine has you kind of acting as a therapist for an AI from within its consciousness so things end up glitchy and screwy...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the other hand, I recall this old website (might've been for The Matrix) freaked a bunch of people out because it actually tried to read your 3.5" drive (or, more precisely, forced it to turn on and attempt a read, without actually doing anything). Or even better, there was this roguelike in the Win95 era where the dev either couldn't make a proper uninstaller or was vindictive and it would just deltree the installation folder. And if you manually decompressed it, there was no file indicating what folder it was installed to, and erased the entire drive.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Aoi
there was no file indicating what folder it was installed to, and erased the entire drive.

lol

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

There have been a couple like that, that one sounds like Ruins of Myth Drannor, which if you tried to install anywhere but the default folder it'd get confused and overwrite the entire C:\ drive
Shoes...

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

There have been a couple like that, that one sounds like Ruins of Myth Drannor, which if you tried to install anywhere but the default folder it'd get confused and overwrite the entire C:\ drive

I had that game! It ran like GARBAGE on my machine at the time so I couldn't play it. I probably did the default folder though.

I hope Cyberpunk is good and successful, I just recently got the Witcher trilogy, and while I've only played 1 so far it was impressive work for 2007.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:51:39 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42