Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: 500 Things about Wilderness survival that you learnt the hard way  (Read 42871 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: 200 Things about Wilderness survival that you learnt the hard way
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2012, 09:35:33 pm »

159. Starting out on an isladn too far to swim anywhere else and populated by frogmen who want you dead sucks.
160. Being a dwarven warrior who has to live off crab blood, brook water, and crab meat because you're trapped on aformentioned island doublesucks.

Give me that save, now. Please?

Sorry man. Got killed when I managed to power through and swim to the mainland. Got mauled by a salt water corodile in my sleep (I was too far from a town so I chanced it.)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2012, 09:36:40 pm »

163. Kobolds are tiny, but they can still rip every limb from you body, then kill you.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2012, 09:48:51 pm »

159. Starting out on an isladn too far to swim anywhere else and populated by frogmen who want you dead sucks.
160. Being a dwarven warrior who has to live off crab blood, brook water, and crab meat because you're trapped on aformentioned island doublesucks.

Give me that save, now. Please?

Sorry man. Got killed when I managed to power through and swim to the mainland. Got mauled by a salt water corodile in my sleep (I was too far from a town so I chanced it.)

Crud. I wanted it too :p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2012, 02:01:02 pm »

164. Just because it seems easy to hit does not always make it an effective thing to strike.  Sure you can hit that giraffe's neck, but it's neck is as thick as a volkswagon.  You aren't going to sever it anytime soon.

165. Giraffes are big.

166. Giraffes have hooves.

167. Things with wings can shape you into a pretzel with those wings if you piss them off.

168. Swimming in the sewer is a bad idea.  Swimming into a tunnel with no open space above it in a sewer is a worse idea.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2012, 08:49:31 pm »

#169 You can use absolutely every single thing in the game as a weapon, including different parts of your own limbs and your teeth, miscellaneous items, corpses, anything. Your enemies can only use the weapons they came with and their bodies as a weapon. So one-on-one, you have a slight advantage due to throwing stuff at them (anything, absolutely anything can be lethal). It is difficult to use this advantage well.

#170. The only time that you have more of you in a battle then they have of them is when there is no-one else there. This is the only time that the advantage from #169 can be reliably used for survival. At all other times, even one-on-one, the enemies have the advantage. They also don't mind dying (although everyone else minds if you kill them).
It's a game. Have fun.

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2012, 09:26:18 pm »

171. Don't ever let your guard down. It may seem like an obvious thing, considering how much Fun the game is, but really, never. I had just scared a herd of hippos into a river, where they were slaughtered by fish instantaneously. I walked down the river bank laughing, at too quick a pace, and didn't realize a bunch of crocodiles came up right behind me. Finally noticed them when I got announcements of my companion dieing. Made me stop laughing :-\

edit: wrong tense.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:03:18 pm by pbnjoe »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2012, 01:46:23 am »

I learned it's hard to fight and maneuver effectively when you have a dingo hanging off every limb. :(
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2012, 02:30:43 pm »

172: When moving through evil mountains, don't just hold the walk key down.  You'll be in the middle of a vile mist cloud before you even know it's there.

173: Kobold caves can have upwards of 200 kobolds in them.  Half of those are at the bottom, and all of them will see you and rush you if you screw up.

174: !!Companions!! are not your friends.  Run the hell away from them.

175: Some worlds have dozens of towers housing illiterate necromancers who all learned the secret from one guy.  Sometimes this guy will have lost the slab he learned the secret from.  But hey, at least you got good practice in your weapon skills.

Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

mud074

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2012, 10:54:30 pm »

176. Alligator snapping turtles can jump six feet into the air to bite your eye out.
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2012, 11:22:09 pm »

177: hitting small animals such as ravens in the head with steel maces will make the attack *glance away*
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2012, 07:24:39 am »

178. Get a morning star.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2012, 05:30:07 am »

179. Get a warhammer made of silver, back it up with an iron, bronze, or steel bladed implement.

180. If all your dwarves died horribly and in a miserable state, and weren't buried, then stay the hell away from the ruins of that fort. The ghosts will get you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2012, 06:01:13 am »

181. You can hold 100 shields in your hand by "r"emoving them from your backpack.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2012, 12:38:10 pm »

182. just because it worked for someone else doesn't mean it will work for you if you encounter a bronze colossus run don't throw fluffy wambelers at it

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2012, 04:36:04 pm »

183. Cutting out the cuts of someone not only makes them bleed out the very moment, but it also makes osme really good melee wepaons, they can even make people explode in gore.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19