Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: GAME OVER, Scum Victory!  (Read 64651 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: Level 1 Begins!
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2012, 08:18:38 pm »

Three votes for an extension. Four needed to extend the day.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2012, 08:48:45 pm »

PFP

Extend

My Internet has limited data per month. And this the end of the month for us in terms of data usage. We are completely out of data till the sixteenth. I'm typing this on an IPad I managed to get a hold of. I got on this morning intending to post only to get thrown out the door to do something. Sorry about the lack of posting it was because of events out of my control.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2012, 10:49:42 pm »

[4] blackmagechill: Chaos Armor, borno, Deathsword, Flying Dice, Theodolus
[1] Deathsword: IronyOwl
[1] abculatter_2: blackmagechill
[1] borno: Shakerag

Day ends Today 9:00 PM MST.

Four votes for an extension and four needed.

Day extended to Friday 9:00 PM MST.

abculatter_2 is replacing Fiskav.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:09:28 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2012, 11:26:33 pm »

borno, the more I read over our exchange, the more I can't help but wonder where you were getting I was referring to Deathsword from.  Your vote on BMC smells like a chainsaw, and your questioning of Deathsword about this whole Fiskav and "suspicion" thing feels like scumbuddy pussyfooting around. 

What's your case on BMC?  Is it solid enough that you didn't need to follow up with more questioning to him?
Wait, you're talking about this post?
Deathsword:
I didn't really know wheter or not asking a lot of questions in my first post would be a good thing or not, so I decided to stick with just one question.
Townies are not supposed to care all too much about what might look townie and what might not; They're supposed to be more concerned about actively scum hunting.

BMC:
Just a gift to Deathsword for the morning: Just because you had a different intention doesn't mean you succeeded.

@Irony: Your post provided some much needed advice and a good bit of review over the events so far. I will say that I should've voted for RVS but didn't feel the need to and didn't want to start up OMGUS that early.
Why, then did you vote Deathsword over a FoS? It would of been fine to vote for him earlier as an RVS vote, when you you had 'Suspicions' over what he was saying. But then when he FoS's you you suddenly vote for him.

Theodolus:
Borno: Assume you were the godfather and another scum was being fingered. Would you try to protect him by casting suspicion elsewhere or would you Bus him to gain credibility?
In most cases I would start attacking someone else, to take the heat off of him. It would help is the cop is still alive (If there is a cop.)
I'm going to start doing my homework now, so I won't be able to post until its finished.
Anyway, I found it scummy how he voted for deathsword only after deathsword FoS'd him, and not when his so called 'Suspicions' formed. It would probably of been fine if he had done it earlier, but instead only when it is brought up again does he vote for him.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2012, 01:43:39 am »

Unfortunately, after just trying to read half this thread, I have finally deduced that I am in no fit state for consciousness right now, let alone scumhunting... Though I feel compelled to post anyway, so...

EVERYONE
EVERYONE ELSE

Now, good night...
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2012, 06:53:14 am »

Unfortunately, after just trying to read half this thread, I have finally deduced that I am in no fit state for consciousness right now, let alone scumhunting... Though I feel compelled to post anyway, so...

EVERYONE
EVERYONE ELSE

Now, good night...
If you don't have anything reasonable to post in the current moment, don't post it, and even if this may be meant as a sort of humor, don't. Remember that Mafia is Serious Business, and that Timezones happen.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2012, 10:06:16 am »

[Even though Tiruin shouldn't be posting in this thread *poke*, he does raise a good point.  While some of us use a bit of humor (in moderation, mind you!) while playing, it is better to have something substantial (even if it's just a question to the ICs) in your post.]

[Also, make with the activity everyone.  Again, just because you've voted doesn't mean you're done for the day.  Put more pressure on whom you're voting for to confirm (or question) your suspicions.  There's more than one scum out there, so you can (and should) continue scumhunting for the rest of the scumteam.]

Anyway, I found it scummy how he voted for deathsword only after deathsword FoS'd him, and not when his so called 'Suspicions' formed. It would probably of been fine if he had done it earlier, but instead only when it is brought up again does he vote for him.
And does that make him 100% scum in your book?  If not, why aren't you pressuring him more to make certain?  That's a good reason for a pressure vote and a follow through, but just voting BMC with a reason like that and walking away paints you as a lazy scumbucket. 

Shakerag: I haven't voted for fiskav yet since I'd like to keep my vote on BMC, who I am quite sure is scum. While fiskav has been strangely absent from this thread, I do not have much more to follow on unless I get an answer.
This brings me to...
IronyOwl, Chaos Armor and Theodolus: All of you have been active lately in the forum, yet you all seem content in sitting on the sidelines, keeping the atention on others. Why is that?
Hey scumbag, quick poking lurkers to make it look like you're doing something and get to some real scumhunting.  Why don't you start with making a convincing case as to why BMC is scum, and end with positing some good scumhunting questions to someone.

abculatter_2:  Hi and welcome to the game.  Get to reading and give me your top two scumpicks with reasons why.  Also, what's your mafia experience, if any?

I have a gut feeling BMC is a townie
BMC has the scummiest feel to him
wat

So he feels like a townie, or he feels like scum?  Which is it? 

[Also, everyone (yes, this means you), here's a good rule of thumb when posting.  If at all possible, whenever you make a new post, if you're replying to questions/attacks directed at you, make sure you include something directed at someone else as well.  This keeps the flow moving.  If you just answer questions but don't ask any more, then we get fewer and fewer posts until all the questions are answered and then no one posts anything.]

IronyOwl: lurk moar, newb.  You content with that vote on Deathsword?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2012, 12:23:39 pm »

Shakerag: I haven't voted for fiskav yet since I'd like to keep my vote on BMC, who I am quite sure is scum. While fiskav has been strangely absent from this thread, I do not have much more to follow on unless I get an answer.
This brings me to...
IronyOwl, Chaos Armor and Theodolus: All of you have been active lately in the forum, yet you all seem content in sitting on the sidelines, keeping the atention on others. Why is that?
Hey scumbag, quick poking lurkers to make it look like you're doing something and get to some real scumhunting.  Why don't you start with making a convincing case as to why BMC is scum, and end with positing some good scumhunting questions to someone.

Further reason on why BMC is scum, or is acting very scummy: In his latest posts, he seems quite desperate on trying to escape the lynch. I am not going to repeat what I already stated earlier unless necessary.

Shakerag: Why exactly is it that you are saying that I am not accusing BMC enough? A good portion of my posts here were exactly me accusing BMC. Would you care to explain?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2012, 07:11:03 pm »

Shakerag:
IronyOwl: lurk moar, newb.  You content with that vote on Deathsword?
D:<

It's not a bad vote for now. Would be better if it was fresher, but I'm content with it for the moment.

Deathsword:
Further reason on why BMC is scum, or is acting very scummy: In his latest posts, he seems quite desperate on trying to escape the lynch. I am not going to repeat what I already stated earlier unless necessary.
Have you been investigating him lately, or are you so confident that he's scum that you don't need any more questions or interactions?

As for us, stating a clear, coherent, easy to follow case on him would be nice.

Chaos Armor, could I have your case on BMC as well?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2012, 07:22:54 pm »

Restating my case on BMC:

Keeps misunderstanding (I belive it's intentonally, but could be wrong on this one) statements by others.
He voted for me right after I FoS'ed him.
When questioned, he was defensive and seemed angry. Often repeating the same arguments.
Appears to be desperate with the concept of being lynched, and tried to make the lynch seem like a bad idea.

These are the main reasons I am quite sure he is scum, and thus my vote is on him.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2012, 08:42:13 pm »

The words, the words, oh god, the words... ._. Apparently, I've become bad at reading... And short-term memory...

abculatter_2:  Hi and welcome to the game.  Get to reading and give me your top two scumpicks with reasons why.  Also, what's your mafia experience, if any?

BlackMageChill, mainly because he's been overly accusatory this entire game, then he became overly defensive when questioned, and now he's just giving up in one big hissy-fit.

As for #2... I actually have a few #2s...
Fiskav PPE: OH WHOOPS LOL I'M REPLACING HIM! (Which means next day, I should totally vote myself, because I've obviously now inherited his scumminess! ... Despite the fact that I can now see his alignment!)

Chaos Armor, as Flying Dice's points are very good, and we've yet to hear back from him.

Also, Deathsword acted rather defensively when accused by BMC, and as everyone else has pointed out, his arguments were illogical and panicky.

I know I really should give more reasoning then that, but I'm still trying to find the search function that allows one to search for all posts in a thread by a single user, so I can get some more focused scrutiny on everyone here.

If there is no such search function, I will shit my pants and throw them at the computer screen... Then wonder why the hell I did that, clean up, and proceed to accuse everyone of everything (make a post summarizing everyone's actions, one at a time, then voice my suspicions and questions on them).

If you don't have anything reasonable to post in the current moment, don't post it, and even if this may be meant as a sort of humor, don't. Remember that Mafia is Serious Business, and that Timezones happen.

Sorry... I am going to say this now to everyone that, as you can probably tell, it's hard for me to take things TOO seriously... I can almost promise you that I will likely shove SOME kind of humor into all of my posts, because that's just how I am. I don't do SERIOUS BUSINESS very well...
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2012, 09:23:55 am »

I have a gut feeling BMC is a townie
BMC has the scummiest feel to him
wat

So he feels like a townie, or he feels like scum?  Which is it? 

Clarification: Logically, and based off his posts and history this game, I get a very scummy feel from BMC. The gut feeling that he's just a newb townie comes from reading a previous mafia game he was in, in which his behavior was much the same and he ended up a townie. However I find basing a vote on a feeling that is influenced by a completely unrelated incident to be bad form. In other words, logic and thought based off current behavior outweighs 'gut feelings' based off prior behavior. (That's what I get for typing a mafia post while on a steady dose of percocet)

abculatter_2
First off, how about answering the last half of Shakerag's question: what's your mafia experience, if any? After that, what do you believe is the number one thing you as a mafia player should remember during this game?
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2012, 02:27:44 pm »

[5] blackmagechill: Chaos Armor, borno, Deathsword, Flying Dice, Theodolus, abculatter_2
[1] Deathsword: IronyOwl
[1] abculatter_2: blackmagechill
[1] borno: Shakerag

Day ends Today 9:00 PM MST.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2012, 07:23:34 pm »

Sorry, I can't go on the forums much any more, so
Request Replacement.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2012, 08:30:47 pm »

Bluh, brother's been on pretty much since i left that last post...

abculatter_2
First off, how about answering the last half of Shakerag's question: what's your mafia experience, if any? After that, what do you believe is the number one thing you as a mafia player should remember during this game?

Whoops, forgot about that second part, lol...
I've tried one mafia game before this which I can remember, which was over mibbit. I had no idea what the hell I was supposed to do, so I ended up just saying, "lol fuckit" and pretty much suicided by making everyone think I was mafia. I'm definitely going to put more effort into this game, though.

As for your question... Well, the first thing I'd try to remember is that I'm not a mafia player, but I'll just pretend I have amnesia...
What would be the most important thing to remember... Hmmm... I would say, stay low-key, and don't go hoppin' around voting on everyone. But I'm a nub, so what would I know?

Sorry, I can't go on the forums much any more, so
Request Replacement.

OBVIOUSLY SCUMTELL Daw, damn, seems like everyone's dropping out this game...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27