Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Zombie thread: Mah zambah barg bra!nz haarh.  (Read 57273 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie in Miami, Florida or: zombie survival thread
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2012, 09:08:17 pm »

I've gotten a couple different reports on bath salts from street sources. Some say actual bath salts, some say meth. I will test neither of these theories.

I've never heard of LSD causing violence before.
^

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2012, 09:20:55 pm »

I'm pretty sure meth doesn't make people violent either. Gittering, toothless, withered shells of human beings, yes, but not violent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2012, 09:34:36 pm »

In drug parlance, "bath salts" almost always refers to MPDV, at least where I'm from.  In the US, getting something around the cops is usually a matter of selling it as 'not fit for human consumption' until it is declared illegal by federal law - the FDA is empowered only to regulate those substances marketed as food or drug.  High-potency extracts of Salvia divinorum are doing quite well in many states being sold as "incense."  Plain, ordinary incense that just happens to manifest profound visionary states when consumed.

Just heard about another "attack" in (or around) Sherman, Texas this weekend.  Apparently Sherman is so podunk it doesn't get outside news coverage, but it was on the local affiliate news on Monday.

A guy walked up to a couple police officers outside the county jail, they asked him what he was doing, and he proceeded to bite one of them in the arm and start gnawing on them until detained.  The affiliate stringer said it was related to some police report of a new drug with the street name "Bath Salts", but you can take Bumfuck TX news affiliate reports on drugs as far as you want.  Sounds like LSD to me.

For all its effects, LSD doesn't do that to people, not by itself.  Psychedelics are a poor motivator of violence, I'd sooner implicate a Dramamine overdose before blaming acid for this. 

I'm pretty sure meth doesn't make people violent either. Gittering, toothless, withered shells of human beings, yes, but not violent.

Extended use, particularly when coupled with sleeplessness, can cause psychosis, which can even more problematic when involving those already prone to violence.  Many drugs are like alcohol in that they can lower behavioral inhibitions without being the root of the behavior itself.  Other drugs are like alcohol in that they can make you forget for a while that you're a human.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2012, 10:31:16 pm »

yeah, I don't want to blame acid for anything it doesn't do.  It'd just never heard of drugs being snuck past regulation as "bath salts" before, and figured it was just a gumshoe reporter being bamboozled by made-up slang for an existing drug.

More importantly, we got zombies.  Or at least, drugs that make you act like a zombie.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2012, 10:38:55 pm »

I stand by my PCP or Scopolamine theory.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2012, 10:40:08 pm »

Has there been any evidence of drugs, or do people really not want to consider the possibility he was just plain ol' bonkers? Violent mental breakdowns aren't that rare, I don't think.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2012, 10:44:09 pm »

Mm, and psychosis is described as "seeing what is not there".

One could argue that there's just been a series of psychotic breakdowns that resulted in violence (it's possible), and they weren't reported until recently because of the nomnommiamifaceguy.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2012, 10:48:25 pm »

The only case drugs have actually been implicated with was the guy who ate his friends heart, which was actually the least zombie like.

And that was due to taking ALL the drugs, for three days, with no sleep. All of them.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #278 on: June 15, 2012, 01:11:22 pm »

Okay, normally facebook meme crap doesn't make me laugh.

This one got me, though.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 15, 2012, 02:16:00 pm »

Adorable and hillarious  :D!
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 15, 2012, 03:54:51 pm »

And sad ;'(
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie thread: Mah zambah barg bra!nz haarh.
« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2012, 04:19:47 pm »

So "zombie" stem cells
Kind of interesting, really. :)
Now, if you look at the abstract of the original article, it appears to refer specifically to muscle stem cells. No word on other sorts. Last month, though, I asked an adjunct from my department about whether hematopoietic stem cells could be harvested from corpses, and she told me that for the most part they went bad pretty early: they had tried to get samples during autopsies, and for the most part they were non-viable.
Tis a pity. Given that residents are the ones that end up doing all the unpleasant stuff, it would likely befall upon me to get the stuff out of dead bodies as well. And I would kind of like to go on a corpse-harvesting trip while chanting "21st century cure" :p
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2012, 07:36:26 pm »

drugs can turn people in to zombies/lizard men, ever hear of Krokodil?

slow stumbleing walk? check
feel no pain? check
roting flesh? check

(dont look for pics of what it does to its users)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2012, 10:29:35 pm »

(dont look for pics of what it does to its users)

I did. And I was going to say that the people who use it deserve what they get, but that shit is insane.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2012, 01:40:15 am »

Not a lot makes me nauseous. But that did it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23