Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407575 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #945 on: April 03, 2014, 02:53:07 pm »

What'd be a better number? 1d4? Or just change it around completely?

Perhaps, in the case of the latter, have a negative modifier for rolls. Like Blitz, but in reverse.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 03, 2014, 04:58:09 pm »

Negative sounds good.

The great warrior should have died. However, his/her deity saved him/her at the last moment, and he/she continued onward, with the last resolves of his/her strength...
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 03, 2014, 07:33:40 pm »

Would anyone be interested in a game where you play a less than gaurdian angel for troubled people/suicidal people? There could be some special twist on it like it being set during an apocolyspe or some other disater?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 07, 2014, 09:17:19 pm »

Here's an idea. An interactable roleplaying game devlog. There are two ways of going about this.

• A gamemaster asks questions on what rules should be put in, and the players give answers. The gamemaster writes them in and then asks again, ad untilthegameisdoneium
  • A collection of players add rules to a roleplaying game until they have a full roleplaying game ruleset.

What do you guys think?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #949 on: April 07, 2014, 09:18:14 pm »

Been done. Sort of.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 07, 2014, 09:19:48 pm »

Specifics?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:15 pm »

So I've been having a mecha strategy idea that would be a sortof a combination of X-Com, Gihren's Greed, SRW, and Fire Emblem. My main hurdle when trying to come up with the concept is that I can't figure out how to reconcile the administration thread's timescale with the mission teams, since the science team would be running on a separate turnscale in which time would pass much quicker since development of things takes a long time.

...either way I'd probably need to collaborate with one or two other people to run it when I finally figure things out.
It's FEF, not FEOF

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 07, 2014, 09:30:11 pm »

So I've been having a mecha strategy idea that would be a sortof a combination of X-Com, Gihren's Greed, SRW, and Fire Emblem. My main hurdle when trying to come up with the concept is that I can't figure out how to reconcile the administration thread's timescale with the mission teams, since the science team would be running on a separate turnscale in which time would pass much quicker since development of things takes a long time.

...either way I'd probably need to collaborate with one or two other people to run it when I finally figure things out.

I'm kinda interested in this, honestly. Sounds good.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #953 on: April 07, 2014, 09:31:10 pm »

Specifics?
There's games where people have to follow rules, and they use those guidelines to make more rules.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 08, 2014, 02:11:15 pm »

Has anyone thought of running a game of Maid RPG on here?
I feel like it would be popular among some people.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 08, 2014, 02:13:39 pm »

Gosh.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #956 on: April 08, 2014, 02:40:44 pm »

Has anyone thought of running a game of Maid RPG on here?
I feel like it would be popular among some people.
Hah. All the magical girl fans would love that.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 08, 2014, 02:42:28 pm »

I know.

Where do you think I found it?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 08, 2014, 11:59:05 pm »

So do we currently have a Gladiator thing going on? I know a few have started and died. I've been thinking of trying to throw my hat into the ring of Gladiator games.

Essentially it's squad based with each battle taking place between 2 sides of 1-6 people. I'd handle all the direct combat while the players would worry about leveling and managing who fights who. Right now I'm thinking max Gladiator amount is based on how much fame the school has. Exciting fights [close ones] land fame while boring ones [One hit kills and the like] can lose fame.

Another thing is that each gladiator has an experience amount. Once they gain enough experience they "Level Up" into a new unit type. Squire > Knight. However, taking [stealing?] an idea from the Disciples series [Heavy Influence] there are branching paths.

It's not fully fleshed out yet though... Any thoughts?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 09, 2014, 04:04:14 am »

It's not fully fleshed out yet though... Any thoughts?
Two things come to mind.

Essentially it's squad based with each battle taking place between 2 sides of 1-6 people. I'd handle all the direct combat while the players would worry about leveling and managing who fights who. Right now I'm thinking max Gladiator amount is based on how much fame the school has. Exciting fights [close ones] land fame while boring ones [One hit kills and the like] can lose fame.
One: You might want to give more thought as to what exactly a school is and how it improves or lessens. Is equipment or money a thing, for instance? What about influence beyond their fame score? Other than the whims of the dice, what determines if they succeed or fail?

Another thing is that each gladiator has an experience amount. Once they gain enough experience they "Level Up" into a new unit type. Squire > Knight. However, taking [stealing?] an idea from the Disciples series [Heavy Influence] there are branching paths.
Two: You might want to map out what exactly each decision means. It can certainly be interesting to add knights and archers and cabalists and half-siren swashbucklers just because, but it can have unexpected design results. You might want to ask yourself what, aside from "be cool," a knight does or means. Is an all-knight team supposed to be strong against archers and weak against swordsmen? A really bad idea that should get stomped by anything? A hardy team that's slower but not any better or worse than any other composition?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 238