Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407570 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #975 on: April 13, 2014, 11:36:58 am »

Any thoughts/additions?
Throw it at players and see what happens.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 13, 2014, 04:22:40 pm »

Well the game should be ready to go soon. Like... "I could do it today" soon. BUT I wanted to make use of this thread and post up the semi-final draft of the rules and see what the general thought of it was. Please tell me EVERYTHING wrong with it. No matter how small.

Spoiler: School Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gladiator stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: League Types (click to show/hide)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 13, 2014, 05:08:50 pm »

Looks pretty cool. I'd play. You might split things up or make them more clearly distinct with italics or bold, though, for ease of reading.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #978 on: April 13, 2014, 05:19:27 pm »

Looks pretty cool. I'd play. You might split things up or make them more clearly distinct with italics or bold, though, for ease of reading.
This.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 13, 2014, 07:36:45 pm »

To those of you who wanted to join, the Gladiator game will be going up momentarily.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 20, 2014, 01:05:02 am »

Would anyone be interested in a suggestion game where your soul inhabited a weapon/piece of armor, and where you tried to entice the odd person into using you enough times to be able to possess them?

The basic idea would be that once someone picked you up & started to use you, you would use the "Souls" of those slain by you to give yourself traits that would make you either more deadly and/or useful to your owner, or more able to manipulate them into doing what you want. Over time, the sword you might inhabit would change from looking like any regular old sword to something that even the most clueless adventurer would recognize.

Eventually, once you have been used by your current owner long enough, or after you have gotten a few traits, you could try to take over them, possessing their body and eating their soul. The only requirement being that you are near them or otherwise on their person, you'd be able to do anything your owner was capable of doing from then on.

One problem you would need to deal with is constantly having different owners, either from losing your owner to illness or even age (Although you might be able to mitigate that with the correct trait...), or from them being slain by someone else meaning to gain you.

Can anyone think if anything I might have missed, or any suggestions that you would like to make?

TL;DR Would anyone be interested in the idea of an Evil Weapon/Armor Suggestion Game?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #981 on: April 20, 2014, 02:03:16 am »

Just start the game with the evil weapon being found by some unawares chap. Let souls gotten let the weapon become more powerful, and also gain more ways to entice users into grabbing it if you decide the original guy who grabbed it won't just be a main character, and stuff like that.

Yeah it'd be fun, even better if the user of the weapon is genre savvy and he and the weapon have hilarious banter as they slaughter things together.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 23, 2014, 06:29:51 am »

So, has anyone thought of making a forum game like The Ship?

In just thought of doing something like this from miss reading the title of another thread and I think it would be a good idea. Of course, if someone ran it they would need to be able to use Microsoft paint at least.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 23, 2014, 06:38:26 am »

The Ship would make a good alternative gamemode to Mafia.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 23, 2014, 06:49:38 am »

Yeah, that or the assassin's creed multiplayer. Both are pretty good from what I've seen/played.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 23, 2014, 04:57:20 pm »

What's the ideal amount of planning you should do before starting a forum game like a suggestion game or RP? Obviously you shouldn't be too simple or else you'll run out of plot, but is there such a thing as too much planning?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 23, 2014, 05:05:35 pm »

Yes. Because the players will always Take the Third Option, screwing with all your hooks, and then they won't even go on the adventure you had planned. Leaving you with two binders and a novella of planning that all went to waste.

Which is why I hardly plan at all, beyond the mechanics.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 23, 2014, 05:08:04 pm »

Also, if your plan includes having the players go along with it on pain of death don't let them get away from the death part.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 23, 2014, 05:13:18 pm »

So, always account for player ingenuity and allow the plot to be paced with the players, and if railroading is required don't forget the threat that's meant to keep them in line.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 24, 2014, 05:25:44 pm »

DOUBLEPOST AWAAAAY.

Setting based question. In the backstory of the setting I'm making for suggestion game I was hinting at there, a massive war between several hundred somewhat organized cells of superpowered maniacs (Before you ask why the small number, they were pretty much on a godlike scale at the point in time and most of them are meant to be sociopaths which are quite rare) and most modern Earth armies happens. The casualties on the army side are in the millions, and the civilian casualties actually managing to reduce Earth's population to two billion. I'm leaving it intentionally vague as to how the hell a war could be that absurdly horrible. However, I'm trying to work out how much the world would be cost by it in terms of cash. In a four year war that completely trashes the majority of Europe, the Americas, and some parts of Asia, reducing most first world nations to third world by the end of it, how much damage would there be?

I was thinking 157 trillion dollars. For comparison, the world GDP is 69 trillion. Is this wildly exaggerated, reasonable, or even underestimating it?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 238