Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121818 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

The other factions can hear you when you /yell.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
/yell  is everyone in the region (including other factions)
/l     is local chat
/re    is region chat for your team only (not enough people use this)
/sq    is squad chat
/os    is outift chat (I think)
/t     is for sending tells
/r     is reply

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

I think /re is bugged, unless they fixed it in the last patch.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been playing this a bit, and I can't decide wich faction suits me best. Terrans aren't my cup of tea but I'm torn between either vanu or conglomerate.

I'm mostly into aerial combat, dogfights and stuff so I've been playing engineer a lot. Also long range combat and sabotage so I've played a fair bit of infiltrator.

So far I really like the punch the conglomerate guns pack but I detest the whole space cowboy theme, especially the bits of faction thematic musics.
I really like the vanu theme but I'm not sure I see the use of guns with no bullet drop. They don't seem to do much dmg long range wich is a problem for me.

Suggest me a course of action! Factions to specific weapon configurations, this noob needs some advice. :)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

also, I'm pretty sure that /sq initiates the squad commands (eg. invite) while /s is the actual squad chat

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I thought the NC style was cool, but the low accuracy made them unplayable for me.

I like TR guns better.

Sometimes, though, this game kind of feels like "Which team has the most people online?  Okay, it's your turn to win every fight"
Shoes...

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like the visual style of the NC, but their music and (shallow) backstory are pretty meh. On the other hand, I like the backstory of the VS, but I don't care at all for their visual style. In the end I went with NC, backed a bit by the fact that they are the underdog in terms of numbers and. I usually prefer high-damage high-recoil guns as well, so that also helped.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

And they seem to have all the good outfits.
I was playing TR, but then i changed my mind because i heard a nice NC guy talk about his outfit.
I just want some teamwork ;_;

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tip: there's nothing special about the teamwork/players on each faction. All the factions are composed of stereotypical online gamers; the only difference between them is which of the multicoloured buttons they randomly selected when first joining the game.  ;)

The only way to get good teamwork is to find an outfit. Most people don't care about working together; they just want something to shoot at. Find a large outfit (so there'll always be a few squads worth of people online) if you want people working together. And trust me, it's worth it; some of the squad-level tactics are amazing. You finally get a use for the Sunderer base-shield-penetration ability!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, i already found one. The guy said he'd invite me (after i switched and PM'd him.) but i think he forgot and eventually went offline. The faction's called The Ascended and from what i heard, they are pretty big.
(And the shield-penetration must be awesome if you got your sundie loaded up with MAXes and whatever sundie gun is most effective against vehicles.)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, i already found one. The guy said he'd invite me (after i switched and PM'd him.) but i think he forgot and eventually went offline. The faction's called The Ascended and from what i heard, they are pretty big.
(And the shield-penetration must be awesome if you got your sundie loaded up with MAXes and whatever sundie gun is most effective against vehicles.)

I am also in the Ascended. See you around!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to know we've got allies in the fight to liberate Mattherson.  As for the anti-shield, I always figured it was highly situational compared to the AMS.  The guns on the sunderbus are more about deterrence than combat and ability to park outside a base and let out an unending stream of units is invaluable.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

The guns are perfectly capable of combat if you're desperate. I've seen Sundies take out tanks.
Nothing important here, move along.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The guns are perfectly capable of combat if you're desperate. I've seen Sundies take out tanks.
Was that in Beta? Because with one DEFAULT sundie gun i took out half a tank's health. It was just me and the driver, btw.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

It was definitely in Beta, Sundies were ridiculous back then. I don't know if they've been nerfed at all, but I've seen them hold their own post-launch as well. A fully-crewed Sundie can take on an MBT.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 826