Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121820 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

S'the same for me. But I'm resolving that problem with a slight upgrade after finals week.  :D

It will be nice to finally sink my teeth into this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not the best use of time, but I deployed a Sunderer near a major battle for an hour while I did paperwork. 3200+ exp while AFK was nice, but then I came back and sniped 17 people for more than 3000 EXP in 30 mins. Still getting crap for certs but all I spend them on are upgrading the Sunderer anyway.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Holy hell, 60% NC on Amerish. No wonder we're being raped.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Why is just about everybody heavy assault? It makes it a bit difficult to actually get anything done when everybody is just going for MAXIMUM FIREPOWER.
And light assault seems to have little strengths over anything. The jetpack is the main thing, but it seems like everywhere is either: Flat, tall cliffs, or too cramped for it to be useful.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Everyone goes for maximum firepower because why the fuck would you even want to go for anything else? Medics, heavies and engineers can literally fill every single role in the game: heavies and medics have all the anti-infantry firepower you could need at a variety of ranges, heavies have anti-tank firepower, medics heal and resurrect, and engineers fix the vehicles hopefully supporting you, as well as provide ammo and fix anything else convenient in the area.
Nothing important here, move along.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heavy because you survive more and can damage tanks/air

Light assault is for being on the roofs surprising people, circumventing defenses or dropping c4 on vehicles.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

Light Assault is amazing in urban areas, like the Amp Stations and Biospheres. In forests they can hide in trees. If you're just running with terrain and a few rocks, though, their use is greatly diminished.

I liked BF2142's four class system - Everyone has their combat role, but everyone has their teamwork roll, too. Too many games are stuck in the TF2 roll call mentality.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

The only thing in this entire game that can kill me (other than vehicles) are light assaults. They're the only guys that can jump up to the spots that bastards like me like to hide in.

So I would say they're pretty important. Mobility is the key to victory after all.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Light assaults have their place but heavies are just better for most things.  Tougher, more firepower, the only thing they really lack is mobility.  I know the Enclave is really big on heavy assaults.
Shoes...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

They're easier to play, too. Why learn how to fly around well when you can just stand there and absorb bullets? To be fair, though, the good players still take cover, strafe, juke, and generally act like people who understand that being an HA won't automatically save you. I'm probably the sneakiest HA out there, I try my best to flank the enemy. Of course, usually all I end up doing is running into an enemy who's trying to flank us, and one of us ends up dead and the other really low on health.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

Last night was good for my HA sniper, on Briggs Indar I spawned at Spec Ops and decided to wander around and try to find a high perch above Tawrich.  I had been killed there by a TR Infil and wanted some payback, so looking for the defense towers and I found myself on the highest cliff - I had a moment of vertigo.  Hitting Q, I found two targets below me, a heavy and an engineer.  I was shooting down at them and they were spinning on the spot trying to find me, neither looked up.  The heavy died first, my LMG firing single shots until he died - the engineer hid behind the shield, but I could still see him, but I waited for him to step out and look around before firing.  If they had looked up at about 80-85°, they might have spotted me, but I was also pretty close to the render limit for infantry.  It was a three way battle so it was target rich, the default rocket launcher fired down at tanks netting me assists, spotting VS so that when TR killed them I got spotting rewards and then vice-versa when TR took over the tech plant.  I could have stayed there for hours but eventually I got bored and moved back to the Warpgate and joined a few more battles, before eventually quitting after being refused entry to a Sundy that then ran over me.

There was also the NC dickhead who obviously has issues, tried to kill me when we were firing the phalanx AV cannons up a road, then he turns the cannon on me and destroys the cannon, doing the same to the third cannon in the tower, then exitting the cannon to make sure I was dead, not quite, I had been hurt.  While typing in a question along the lines of "WTF dude.....", he shot me.  DEREKS was name, so if you guys see him, avoid him.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I'd offer to go in as my TR and hassle him, but I don't think I'm on the right server.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

for teh record, light assault = awesome sauceness
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Light Assaults seem to have a 50/50 chance of winning when going 1 on 1 against me. That's far better than just about every other class (even HAs I tend to win against, unless they get the drop on me, or it's an infiltrator that's just blowing my brains out without me able to find him or her) but I can accept 50/50, considering most of the LAs are more skilled than I am in the first place.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

somehow i have a positive KD, even though about 80% of my kills are sniping people who arent moving :p

also joined up with an outfit platoon, helped(ish) finish conquering Amerish
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 826