Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Aftermath | Turn 2  (Read 8533 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aftermath
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 06:02:35 pm »

Yeah, Italy was pretty backstabbed regardless. So if the Great War resulted in even more loss, that would cause the Communists to get angry enough to overthrow the government. If I started out as Communist Italy, does that sound good to you?

Also, how does trade with NPCs work? Let's say no one chooses France, and it's a NPC country. If I wanted to set up trade relations with France, would that count as an action, or diplomacy?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 06:08:17 pm »

Yeah, Italy was pretty backstabbed regardless. So if the Great War resulted in even more loss, that would cause the Communists to get angry enough to overthrow the government. If I started out as Communist Italy, does that sound good to you?

Also, how does trade with NPCs work? Let's say no one chooses France, and it's a NPC country. If I wanted to set up trade relations with France, would that count as an action, or diplomacy?
Communist Italy is perfect. Regarding NPC countries, it's generally assumed that all non-player controlled land is either controlled by conflicting forces, or is just pure anarchy. You'll have to find ways to gain control of this land.

I'll take out Turkey and Iran if you think its too poweful, i just went with what everyone else was doing (Remember that most of the oil was burned and a large portion of my land is useless dessert)
Fair enough.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 06:08:44 pm »

((You could start out in the middle of the revolution, and the other countries could try to get their favored party in power. I think that would be cool.))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 06:09:07 pm »

Is my new country okay?

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:02 pm »

No reception to mine? Meh.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:38 pm »

Is my new country okay?
Oh duh, I forgot. Yes, it's completely fine, I already have your nation placed on the map along with the S.U.S.A and the European Union. Communist Italy will be added in once I get a full character sheet.

Also, if you guys plan on roleplaying I can create an ooc/roleplaying thread if you want.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 06:12:28 pm »

Yeah, lets role-play.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 06:20:29 pm »

Do same as before minus Turkey and Iran?
I'll wait for your map
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:22:25 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 06:22:29 pm »

Do same as before minus Turkey and Iran?
Yup, you're good.
Welcome to Reality.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 06:23:19 pm »

Communist Italy is perfect. Regarding NPC countries, it's generally assumed that all non-player controlled land is either controlled by conflicting forces, or is just pure anarchy. You'll have to find ways to gain control of this land.

Ah, so it's like risk.

So instead of France being all victorious, I'll imagine Paris in total chaos with screaming crowds, fires, and French people attacking each other with varieties of bread and tubas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 06:30:01 pm »

Ah, so it's like risk.

So instead of France being all victorious, I'll imagine Paris in total chaos with screaming crowds, fires, and French people attacking each other with varieties of bread and tubas.
Indeed, the great Bread wars of France killed many civilians, and the war still rages on. Post a sheet of Communist Italy (Preferably with a flashy communist like name.) and I'll ad you on the map.

Current Map (Feel free to say any disputes you have, and I'll try to resolve them.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welcome to Reality.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »

My actions are the same as before

Action 1: invest in espionage agency, spend 15 currency
Action 2: invest in counter espionage agency, spend 15 currency
Action 3: invest in economy, spend 40 currency
Action 4: invest in superior tanks, spend 30 currency

Total expenses: 15+15+40+30
Starting Currency: 100
Income: +15
End total: 15

(I personelly think that Australia should be held until Gamerlord has a chance to reply, i'm west australian and its 7:30, meaning he would probably still be asleep, just a request)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:37:37 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 06:33:00 pm »

What do I have to change in the U.K.?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »

My actions are the same as before

Action 1: invest in espionage agency, spend 15 currency
Action 2: invest in counter espionage agency, spend 15 currency
Action 3: invest in economy, spend 40 currency
Action 4: invest in superior tanks, spend 30 currency

Total expenses: 15+15+40+30
Starting Currency: 100
Income: +15
End total: 15

(I personelly think that Australia should be held until Gamerlord has a chance to reply, i'm west australian and its 7:30, meaning he would probably still be asleep, just a request)
Game hasn't started yet.

What do I have to change in the U.K.?
Too plain, spice it up a bit with some interesting fluff that isn't what the U.K. normally was like. Also, just noticed the Communist Italy sheet, I'll add it to the map now.
Welcome to Reality.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 06:37:04 pm »

Sorry, my bad
In denial of sanity...

and insanity
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6