Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Aftermath | Turn 2  (Read 8525 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
The Aftermath | Turn 2
« on: May 20, 2012, 04:06:42 pm »

This is a nation building game set on an alternative timeline earth in which the first World War was much bigger and deadlier than expected. You'll take control of a power as you rebuild your once powerful empire, while perhaps fostering old grudges against the other nations of the world.

Rules
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Combat

Technology

Diplomacy, Politics, and War

Espionage

Economy

Nation Sheet

Map

Current Players

I'll be accepting 6-8 players, also keep in mind gaining of territory will be relative since I'm not doing a province type gaining of territory. Depending on your victory I'll assign an amount of land that I see appropriate.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:22:09 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: The Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:39:34 am »

Ooh, count me in.

Nation Name: Japan
Nation Color: Red
Relative Location: Japan
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy & Parliamentary Democracy
Role your nation played in the Great War: World War I enabled Japan, on the side of the victorious Allies, to widen its influence and territorial holdings. It continued its expansionist policy. It's actual role was minor, mainly the seizing of colonies of the Central Colonies. The only major engagements with the German Recolonization Fleet sent out after the capture of the Colonies, who were soundly trounced.
Extra Fluff: The ever victorious Empire of the Rising sun is more slightly more technologically advanced than their realworld counterparts, though they have the same agressive expansionist policy they at least make token attempts to stay in good graces with the rest of the allies. The economy suffered somewhat due to USA merchant ship losses and the resultant higher prices of importation. National Debt is a problem.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:55:50 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 06:55:51 am »

Nation Name: Communist Republic of Italy
Nation Color: Green
Relative Location: Italy
Government Type: Communist Republic
Role your nation played in the Great War: Italy greatly built up it's army in WWI, in order to battle Austrian-Hungary forces all across the Alps. Italy suffered great losses, but continued to fight in order to fetch colonial gains at the Treaty of Versailles. However, the treaty granted very little to Italy, causing the Communists to rise up and overthrow the Nationalists.
Extra Fluff: Rather than moving towards Fascism, the Communists quickly took over Italy. This will cause Italy to become less Imperialist and more industry and worker driven.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:21:15 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 07:11:34 am »

Nation Name: Semi-United States of America
Nation Color: Blue
Relative Location: North America
Government Type: Democratic Republic
Role your nation played in the Great War: During the Great War, the US joined late, but still took massive casualties. One of the most notable disasters of the US was the German High Seas Fleet wreaking havoc throughout the Pacific. From this destruction, the US slowly began to split up. The SUSA consists of most of the coastal states on the western seaboard, who are vouching for peace, while the rest of the US wants to have revenge on the Germans.
Extra Fluff: Tensions are running high throughout the former great country, and the split has angered the western states.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:48:02 pm by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 07:15:28 am »

"The Japanese economy has suffered after the wartime boom. Economic reforms and revitilazation efforts has received a large part of the imperial budget. New ships and planes are being designed to protect our shores from foreign aggressors. The Japenese Bureau Of National Security(JBONS) has been set up to combat foreign spies."

Action 1: Set up a counterespionage agency, spend 10 currency
Action 2: Invest in the Economy, spend 20 currency
Action 3: Research Flattop Aircraft Carriers, spend 20 currency
Action 4: Research Jet Planes, spend 35 currency

Total Expenses: 35+20+20+10=-85
Starting Currency: 100
Income: +15
End Total: 30
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:33:46 am by Demonic Spoon »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 07:19:49 am »

What time will you be doing this? Provisionally:

Nation Name: The Glorious Oceanic Empire
Nation Color: Black
Relative Location: Austrlia, Indonesia, New Zealand
Government Type: Democratic Dictatorship (whoever is elected has complete control over everything)
Role your nation played in the Great War: Australia supported the British like before, but won at Gallipoli. The Indonesians saw the massive deployment of troops to Europe and tried to take mainland Australia, but were rebuffed by guerilla forces. The military returned home, and the ANZACs kicked some ass, conquering Indonesia.
Extra Fluff: Massively militarised, but little other capabilities.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 07:24:42 am »

Conquering Indo, eh? Hopefully we'll be allies. You see, I'm half Indonesian.

Anyways,
Action 1: Set up a counterespionage agency, spend 15 currency
Action 2: Research renewable energy sources, spend 15 currency
Action 3: Invest in companies major and minor in the US, spend 40 currency.
Action 4, Research nukes, spend 30

Total expenses: 15+15+40+30=100
Starting currency: 100
End Total:15

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 07:27:03 am »

Nukes already? Cue nuke rush.

EDIT: Realized Japan should probably be red, not purple.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:30:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 07:30:23 am »

Hehe, I'll just use it as a deterrent to attacking the US. Oh, and Japan? I have a preposition for you. You know midway island, the place where the majority of the Japanese aircraft carriers were destroyed? Yeah, I'm giving you that island for an exchange of increased trade to the US. Sound good?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 07:33:17 am »

Sounds good, need more trade with you in any case to help my economy.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 08:24:50 am »

A preliminary rough draft of the world so far, pending gm approval and all that. Drew quite a few of the borders from memory with a moderate amount of guesswork added in.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 09:59:44 am »

Nation name: The Arabian empire
Nation Coulor: Yellow
Relative location: Nearly all of the Middle east, including turkey and Iran
Government Type: Absolute Dictatorship, bassicaly an Emperor with a group of advicers and other commanders, but only chosen by the emperor
Role your nation played in the Great War: mostly guerilla fighting from the Arabs against the ottoman empire, but with the Anzac victory at Gallipoli, the Arabs took over Turkey and established a new Empire, taking Iraq into their empire as well
Extra Fluff: very grateful to the Anzac roll in forming their empire (even if it was indirect) but very hostile to europeans, kicking them out of the Middle east, also lots of the oil in the middle east was burned in the conquest. Highly Millitaristic

(OOC: Damm you Gamerlord, taking australia >:()
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:02:21 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 10:15:38 am »

Action 1: invest in espionage agency, spend 15 currency
Action 2: invest in counter espionage agency, spend 15 currency
Action 3: invest in economy, spend 40 currency
Action 4: invest in superior tanks, spend 30 currency

Total expenses: 15+15+40+30
Starting Currency: 100
End total: 15
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 10:36:21 am »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:08:05 pm by Spinal_Taper »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 10:57:05 am »

Shouldn't you guys wait on the GM saying that you're in and dividing the terretory and such?

Nation Name: European confederacy
Nation Color: Blue
Relative Location: Center of the European Union: Belgium, The netherlands, Parts of germany and France
Government Type: Democratic parliament. Severly distributed buraucracy allows for an efficient management but makes reforms harder.
Role your nation played in the Great War: The center of the Allied forces, minus the three great powers: UK,US and Russia/USSR. These nations have formed the fronts during large parts of the wars, and have been heavily bombarded. The European Confederacy was founded near the end of the war out of the remains of several other countries, and was intended not to help fight at the front, as the entire country had been ruined by the war at the time, but to start to rebuild the destroyed infrastructure and to deliver supplies. After the war it was expanded with parts of germany, most importantly the Rhur area, famous for it's iron and coal deposits.
Extra Fluff:The European Confederacy has formed the battleground for most of the war. Nearing the end of the war it was flooded with refugees, and as such is a rich and multicultural civilization. With large parts of the country unuseable because of war damage and unexploded ammunition, the Confederacy has specialized in heavy industry. What infrastructere there is is extremely modern, as it was only recently build. The Confederacy owns a large amount of natural resources, and has been neutral through the war. This neutrality was and is still guaranteed by several major countries, but what those promises will be worth remains to be seen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6