Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Aftermath | Turn 2  (Read 8534 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: The Aftermath
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 11:20:13 am »

Shouldn't you guys wait on the GM saying that you're in and dividing the terretory and such?

Nation Name: European confederacy
Nation Color: Blue
Relative Location: Center of the European Union: Belgium, The netherlands, Parts of germany and France
Government Type: Democratic parliament. Severly distributed buraucracy allows for an efficient management but makes reforms harder.
Role your nation played in the Great War: The center of the Allied forces, minus the three great powers: UK,US and Russia/USSR. These nations have formed the fronts during large parts of the wars, and have been heavily bombarded. The European Confederacy was founded near the end of the war out of the remains of several other countries, and was intended not to help fight at the front, as the entire country had been ruined by the war at the time, but to start to rebuild the destroyed infrastructure and to deliver supplies. After the war it was expanded with parts of germany, most importantly the Rhur area, famous for it's iron and coal deposits.
Extra Fluff:The European Confederacy has formed the battleground for most of the war. Nearing the end of the war it was flooded with refugees, and as such is a rich and multicultural civilization. With large parts of the country unuseable because of war damage and unexploded ammunition, the Confederacy has specialized in heavy industry. What infrastructere there is is extremely modern, as it was only recently build. The Confederacy owns a large amount of natural resources, and has been neutral through the war. This neutrality was and is still guaranteed by several major countries, but what those promises will be worth remains to be seen.
((I think that we would be auto-in, as the slots weren't filled.))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 11:31:06 am »

Righto, I'm making another prelim map, so that I can keep track of the state of the world, however! By no means official yadayada.

Spinal Taper didn't specify a region for the United Kingdom, I assume the british isles? Is Ireland included? Do they have colonies?
10ebbor10, the USA is already blue, I assume that you'll be a different shade of blue?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 11:37:06 am »

Righto, I'm making another prelim map, so that I can keep track of the state of the world, however! By no means official yadayada.

Spinal Taper didn't specify a region for the United Kingdom, I assume the british isles? Is Ireland included? Do they have colonies?
10ebbor10, the USA is already blue, I assume that you'll be a different shade of blue?
Yup, lighter shade of blue.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 11:42:59 am »

Mmm lolwut, there isn't a caspian sea on the map? I assume it was wiped in the great war or something?

Nother prelim map

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 02:20:00 pm »

((I'm going to wait for the G.M. Because,

1. It's up to him whether any of us get accepted or not, or have to edit our countries.

2. He might change his mind about something that would ruin everyone's first turn.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 02:24:55 pm »

Well yeah, I just wanted to put up my action as well so that the gm can order me to change them as necessary if I get in.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 05:31:06 pm »

Woah jeeze, wait for me to accept you in guys. Generally when it came to nations, I was expecting historically plausible nations that weren't actual nations. I'm sorry if I didn't clarify that enough before, and generally try to keep your relative location somewhat small, since this is suppose to be after a huge ass war and every nation lost a lot of land, and are slowly rebuilding. So far only 10ebbor10 is in, his nation is somewhat historically plausible and he didn't ask for too much land. This game is going to be a bit more freeform, but please try not to start as a super powerful nation.

Also, it's generally considered polite to not start until the GM said it was okay to start, heh.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 05:32:33 pm »

Woah jeeze, wait for me to accept you in guys. Generally when it came to nations, I was expecting historically plausible nations that weren't actual nations. I'm sorry if I didn't clarify that enough before, and generally try to keep your relative location somewhat small, since this is suppose to be after a huge ass war and every nation lost a lot of land, and are slowly rebuilding. So far only 10ebbor10 is in, his nation is somewhat historically plausible and he didn't ask for too much land. This game is going to be a bit more freeform, but please try not to start as a super powerful nation.

Also, it's generally considered polite to not start until the GM said it was okay to start, heh.
((Sorry. Is my U.K. OK?))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 05:37:32 pm »

Right, sorry. Japan surviving the great war relatively intact is not plausible? Or do I have to make completely new nation? Kay.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 05:39:25 pm »

((Sorry. Is my U.K. OK?))
I suppose it's fine as it is, but seeing is how I'm aiming for a alternate history type thing I'd prefer something well...a bit more creative. Leads to a more interesting world history.

Right, sorry. Japan surviving the great war relatively intact is not plausible? Or do I have to make completely new nation? Kay.
Same as above, nothing wrong with japan, I just prefer more creative ideas. It can still be Japan, I'd just prefer a Japan that is widely different than the one that existed back then (For example, take the idea that Japan didn't westernize fully, and expand it from there. Or something completely different.)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 05:47:49 pm »

OOC: Spinal_Taper you know that this game is about after ww1, and i'm pretty sure there was little, if any, fighting the Germans in Africa or feeding russian masses, there was some feeding the russians but this was simply allied support.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 05:49:12 pm »

Ok, changed mine. Now only 5-10 states, is that okay?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 05:49:53 pm »

Right, making new country. Also, what's up with the Caspian sea missing from the map?

Nation Name: African Concordance
Nation Color: Red
Relative Location: Central Lower Eastern Africa
Government Type: Parliamentary Democracy
Role your nation played in the Great War: After the Great War severely damaged the global reach of the great colonial powers, several African colonies rebelled against their foreign masters, forming a new sovereign nation which they named the African Concordance. The colonialists were too busy with the war to stop them, and afterwards too busy licking their wounds. Had little impact on the war itself.
Extra Fluff: A amalgamation of several colonies joining together to withstand the colonialists. Relatively backward by western standards, but with large amounts of natural resources and cheap labour to make up for it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 05:55:03 pm »

OOC: Spinal_Taper you know that this game is about after ww1, and i'm pretty sure there was little, if any, fighting the Germans in Africa or feeding russian masses, there was some feeding the russians but this was simply allied support.
((The GM changed it so the war was harder fought, so i just said the Brits fought harder and helped more. Did I get that wrong?))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:07:05 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 05:58:53 pm »

I'll take out Turkey and Iran if you think its too poweful, i just went with what everyone else was doing (Remember that most of the oil was burned and a large portion of my land is useless dessert)

And Spinal_Taper, sorry about that, i'm just a bit of a history geek and really like to correct people when i think they're wrong, even if they aren't
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:02:03 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6