Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 329872 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.4) - spriggans, wendigo, fallen.
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2012, 01:17:22 pm »

An idea: maybe no castes for dwarves, but various food interactions that provide temporary stat boosts?

...Or even temporary caste changes. But I have no idea how attribute and skill gains, or even happiness for that matter, transcend such transformations.
If you'll have no castes, dwarves won't breed.

What I meant is, have only the male and female dwarf caste, with [POP_RATIO:50] each, and all the fancy specialized castes with [POP_RATIO:0]. And some food, drink or workshop reaction interaction to temporarily or permanently transform them into a member of those castes. Would that work, or it would just give us a Stray Urist McSteelDwarf (Tame)?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It would, but it would be a hell to manage. I actually have a specific caste system in mind already.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

[POP_RATIO:0]
actually doesnt work. It sets back to default and they definetly appear in worldgen. 1 is the lowest you can do.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I actually plan to add caste-specific profession names for easy identification of castes. I'll see how it works.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile

Wait are we still gana have steel dwarfs and moss and ect.?
(If allready in sory havn't goten to download yet)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Not yet, I haven't decided which caste system do I want to have yet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.5) - ember dragons, frost wyrms, dracoliches.
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2012, 05:13:28 am »

I forgot to add that in 4.5 you also get treants and moths. You can breed moths like bees in hives and collect silk.

There's also a "philosopher" position which is the former psychiatrist. And the CMO is now called "sage". Time to start documenting a proper changelog.

I think "it works".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I may shorten that to just "stone", "steel" etc. But I find it helpful to be able to see a dwarven caste at glance without going into description/DF Therapist.
You will also want to see some castes at glance because they will be very rare and have unique interactions. And different castes will turn into different constructs.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:24:31 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.5) - ember dragons, frost wyrms, dracoliches.
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2012, 10:55:06 am »

Special request: can some entity please have some weapon that uses wrestling skill? The token is [SKILL:WRESTLING]. Maybe some kind of hook-bladed knuckles, that can deliver either blunt backhand smashes, or shallow stab wounds with a high chance to be stuck?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2012, 11:09:11 am »

Special request: can some entity please have some weapon that uses wrestling skill? The token is [SKILL:WRESTLING]. Maybe some kind of hook-bladed knuckles, that can deliver either blunt backhand smashes, or shallow stab wounds with a high chance to be stuck?
Hmm... nunchucks? You can strangle with nunchucks. Or "ball and chain" for blunt morningstar hit plus entangle(wrestle) enemies.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2012, 11:50:18 am »

Did you really just add the caste name into the proffession names, because that is a somewhat really awesome idea. Kind of. How does it lood in the smaller unit screen under "v" ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »

It looks good, especially if I make it (stone) instead of (stone clan).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2012, 01:20:14 pm »

lood = look.

I assume you changed the skill learn rates for your castes, which makes it neat to know who is who. I mostly do use natural skill, so the caste is clear by the high lvl. I thought about giving them custom profession names, for example the gem caste gets special names for gemcutter and gemsetter, but I figured that it would confuse people if they dont find the vanilla names anymore. Your solution looks really neat, although I think I will do it a bit differently. Caste could get a symbol in the profession names that are affected by the caste. Gem Savant gets (+) to gemcutter and gemsetter and jeweler for example, or a (c) or (*)... will have a look at how it looks ingame, but making it visible without needing to open the therapist/creature description is a really good idea. :)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2012, 04:12:34 pm »

I know this is probably a really stupid question, but what do I do with the file?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2012, 04:18:46 pm »

Unpack, thats all. Mod is already installed, just run the game.

It uses Winrar to unpack: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2012, 04:40:19 pm »

Hey Deon if you want some naming inspirations, I stumbled upon some Gaelic-to-English pages: http://www.mackinnon.me.uk/Faclair/G.html
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 108