Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 329873 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.4) - spriggans, wendigo, fallen.
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2012, 06:01:10 pm »

You do ? Not even I like those, they mess up the surface. ^^

Oh, and deon, since you are back: There is a way to make exploding ammo and ball/chainlighting ammo using interactions. Its nothing for Genesis of course, but I immediatly thought of your Fallout Mod. I havent written any code, but I probably will in future, just tell me if you like the idea. 
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2012, 11:21:47 pm »

I like the idea as long as it does not involve anything very unstable like "getting melted when stuck in body", since there's no more STICK_CHANCE. Please tell :).

And there will be healing rains in good areas which increase disease resistance and recuperation, but they will be rare.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2012, 11:05:55 am »

Rolling a Gen 4.4 test fort...
"pig tail grass fiber cloth" *ahem*
Splints and crutches cost minimum 30? And wool rope is 10.
Milk's price up from 1 I say. Blood can remain at 1.
Maybe delete the Kea bird. Or rename to ostrich.

Failed to takes axes with me on embark :/ (since Hand Axe no longer there)
How about Royal Carpentry and Stonecutter's needing some tools to get built.
Abandon due to no metals found.

2nd fort... cant embark with helmets?
How about cat and hen costing 40€ (20€ at embark). Add a mutant large duck (+70% size) to the wilds?
Eagle and Marmot and Snowy Owl leather away perhaps. Polar bear leather value up.
Why pig tail cloth 2x value of cave spider silk?
Horse should be pricier than donkey.
"rock goat" please rename, unless they are made of stone.
(Bah only Cobaltite, after have opened caves 1 & 2.)
Maybe need to increase dorf viewrange, they feel extra stupid stationed vs. moledogs.
Every bird's viewrange to at least 32.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:39:45 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2012, 11:32:58 am »

Ammo would need the "stick in body" but I thought about something else.

Make a pet, called "tesla coil" Can be ordered from the main vault.
Some kind of workshop makes a boiling stone, transforming all nearby tesla coils into "charged tesla coils"
Pasture them as defensive pets/buildings.

Tesla coil can shoot a material emission and give the target "ce_can_do_interaction" that does the same material emission, targets 2 nearby creatures, and gives them the same... they also get a syndrome class that reas "syndrome_class:already_electrocuted", to prevent this from going on forever.

The tesla coil has a long cooldown time, and gets a red blinking tile... then a faster orange blinking tile... then a faster green blinking tile... and then shoots again. :)

The material could be pretty random, and the syndrome pain, drowsiness/unconciousness... you could also add a flickering display tile to the targets that blinks blue/cyan to show they are electrocuted.

There is sooooooooo much stuff that can be done with interactions, cant await to come back home and do a set of nonsense :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2012, 11:42:48 am »

Make a pet, called "tesla coil" Can be ordered from the main vault.
Some kind of workshop makes a boiling stone, transforming all nearby tesla coils into "charged tesla coils"
ie. a slow-moving Pikachu... Workshop feeds them / lets them sleep-recharge.
Would the same workshop recharge my Skunks and Cave Beetles (they have a stink spray) faster?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2012, 11:26:20 pm »

Welcome back Deon how did that Metro rougelike turn out?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2012, 05:40:28 am »

It kinda works, but I realise that I don't have coding abilities to make it good yet :). But I am learning C# and trying different applications for now.

I'm done with dragons, there are curently "ember dragons", "swamp wyrms", "sky dragons", "frost wyrms", "black dragons", "gold dragons", "void dragons" and "dracolich". I am still working on additional spells for void dragons.

I'll make a release soon.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:53:27 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2012, 11:45:27 pm »

Eheh, something funny happened while I had my day off. Approximately 50 people attacked one of McDonalds where I work during nights and punched a bunch of people, a common excuse is that some of them are from Caucasus (illegal workers). Police arrived after 1 hour (the fighting lasted 2-3 minutes). The same "police" arrives immediately when a demonstration of people in eyeglasses happens which belong to "opposition". Long live modern Russia, long live Putin... This country sucks :P.

That aside, I will probably release the new version today, after I take some sleep.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2012, 03:36:25 am »

Not sure if Grudge, or Tantrum.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »

Tantrums cuase stuff like this gruges as of now dont.
Deon why no Ironhand tileset?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2012, 04:04:46 pm »

An idea: maybe no castes for dwarves, but various food interactions that provide temporary stat boosts?

...Or even temporary caste changes. But I have no idea how attribute and skill gains, or even happiness for that matter, transcend such transformations.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2012, 09:52:15 pm »

It's still in alpha methinks, it should be called Genesis 4 alpha-8 not V4.4 :^9

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2012, 07:45:15 am »

An idea: maybe no castes for dwarves, but various food interactions that provide temporary stat boosts?

...Or even temporary caste changes. But I have no idea how attribute and skill gains, or even happiness for that matter, transcend such transformations.
If you'll have no castes, dwarves won't breed.

Tantrums cuase stuff like this gruges as of now dont.
Because there's so much stuff to add that I don't want to manage 3 game folders. 2 is already a lot :). And I may change a lot of existing stuff too. Tomi is right.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Version 4.5 is released:
- Removed different types of mire. Having "blanket mire" in desert made no sense. It's not a type of soil, but rather a type of biome.
- Removed bismuth and bismuth bronze. They did not have almost any utility, and "bismuth bronze axes" were constantly on the way.
- Added animated armor to evil regions.
- Added griffins to mountains.
- Added dracoliches and frost wyrms. Former dragons are now ember dragons. All dragons can talk and can lead civilizations now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I'll add other dragons later, currently I am trying to balance them so they are not "SCREW YOUR FORT NO MATTER WHAT" enemies.

P.S. I'll try to "fix" the dragons today, and also I will finally expand the secrets. Now I already have necromancers, wizards and druids.

Here you can see a queen who started to worship Oppinut the Scholars of Paging, a god of scholarship, and he taught her how to be a wizard.
Notice that she remained a queen and continued to live in her fortress (an ettin killed her eventually, oh well).

P.S. Wow, that is one magical nord empire, "The Ageless Empire".

They had a wizard nord for a queen, and they somehow got a revenant (from fallen civilization) to be their king (king Remi Spongyjaw).

P.P.S. As a matter of fact, their general and royal messenger are undead too T.T .
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:19:59 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 108