Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- 4 (20%)
Cowboy Bebop
- 10 (50%)
Inuyasha
- 2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Toonami Thread Rises From The Deep  (Read 15076 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Toonami Is Back; Thread Now With An Actual Poll!
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2012, 08:34:25 pm »

Well it did a good job of fooling me into thinking it was fairly coherent then. :P

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2012, 08:54:05 pm »

Well, it's not incoherent, but it's pretty random. Different things keep getting pulled out, for no clear reason, which makes it very hard to predict. It's episodic in nature, with episode ties and a consistent setting. That's my impression, at least.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2012, 09:01:13 pm »

Yeah, I follow you. It's not nonsense, but it's not doing things in an order or way that necessarily makes sense at the time.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2012, 09:31:33 pm »

The robot action in Casshern Sins really isn't the point, since you pretty much know that Casshern is going to win every battle.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2012, 10:50:41 pm »

The robot action in Casshern Sins really isn't the point, since you pretty much know that Casshern is going to win every battle.
And the damage he takes apparently isn't an issue, because he regenerates. Including his clothing.
The robot action is pretty entertaining, though.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2012, 10:58:52 pm »

Yeah, I enjoy the plot but a bit of robot violence every now and then is fine by me. I mean to be fair, in any combat based show, you know that the good guys are eventually gonna win, you may as well be theatrical about it.  :P

A brief bit of trivia about casshern sins since we're on the subject and I love trivia, it is a gritty reboot (Not a sequel) of a 1970's show called just "casshern" (Neo Human Casshern in japanese). It took itself much less seriously, and was pretty much an early 70's super robot show, but with a tiny robot instead of a giant one.

(Spoilers for Casshern, and as a result, potentially casshern sins)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2012, 11:38:34 pm »

FMA:B is getting no love in the poll. :(
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2012, 12:01:51 am »

No, I mean, pretty much every fight Casshern ever has seems like it's not even a challenge for him; he just does a total beatdown with no chance to the opposition except when he gives himself up to die (as in the third).

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2012, 02:08:45 am »

Well, it's only 3 episodes in. I think it's more to show the world has gone to shit and nobody (yet) is really in any shape to be fighting anyone, much less casshern, who hasn't been decaying for whatever reason, rather then "casshern is the highlander".

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2012, 04:47:26 am »

My mom watched the second episodes for Deadman Wonderland and Cashern Sins and she had a WTF face after each episode. I didn't get a chance to watch them on their first weeks since I didn't remember to record them :( so I don't really understand WTF is going on myself :D They look interesting though, so I guess I will keep watching them. I liked that episode of Cashern Sins though, mostly the end of it when he just tears all of those robots apart since they were trying to eat him. Why were they trying to eat him though? Specifically, why is it that they believed that devouring him would end the Ruin? or at the least allow them to live forever?
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2012, 05:27:22 am »

I believe the logic (to the viewer) is supposed to be that the rumor of eating casshern got started, and all of the highly desperate robots and people believed it because what else do they have?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2012, 11:49:16 pm »

Deadman wonderland is about over. I keep forgetting to remind you folks. Crow has just showed up.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2012, 11:50:28 pm »

I was going to maintain this thread, but Deadman Wonderland is too interesting.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2012, 02:17:50 am »

Deadman Wonderland has become rather monotonous. It lost its flash quicker than expected. Casshern Sins just shot up way past it, in my opinion. As usual, I cannot express my love for Ghost in the Shell in words, and Cowboy Bebop is excellent. However, the frequent advertisements and Ganta screaming "I wanna live!" are a test of patience.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2012, 08:40:45 am »

This was my exact facial expression during last night's episode of Cashews.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10